The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nioca
Floods your Ears

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Wanting to press the advantage of surprise, Syli let's fly with another poisoned arrow at the target in the doorway... but probably isn't fast enough to land the second before the lizard finds cover.

Syli Shortbow (+5): 8 to-hit, 7 piercing damage, 6 poison damage (DC15 CONsave Negates)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:18 pm

A few feet is enough of an estimation for Merric to go straight for the canoe running
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Korrik sprints back around to the canoe, beating the other there. ((Dash))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Merric, make me an Athletics check please :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:50 pm

On the phone so I won't add the fumble I get to reroll here, but heres the new roll: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:52 pm

"We have a canoe," Kal says in Draconic, gesturing towards it.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Merric charges through the tall reeds, appearing by the canoe just a moment after Korrik. Artho hurries down a moment later.

Kal points out the canoe to the lizardborn, but it's immediately apparent that the creature is an extremely capable swimmer and is rapidly moving away. It pauses about 30 feet away and shouts back in draconic.

"Come if you are coming! I will not wait!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Korrik will move to the front, using his quarterstaff to probe or fend off any submerged snags while directing the paddlers in following the swimmer.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Kal boards and paddles on.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:37 am

((Varsk wouldn't have heard anything quite yet. Not that it matters here, but why does he get advantage on the crossbow attack?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:38 am

((Is the advantage on everything gone? :(
Hmmm. Lets lawyer this and say the whatever comes through the door is damn certain going to be surprised by a giant orc shooting it in the face.))

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:47 pm

((That doesn't apply to attack rolls, only skill/ability checks))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:51 pm

((Well darn it. It has been long enough that I had applied it across the board in my mind. Ah well, whatever. No reason to lawyer for something that I already got :P. Thanks Nioca.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Druid Group

Varsk keeps his crossbow trained on the cabin door while Valemgaldro mutters at the coin and Vaceran taps a spare arrowhead nervously off the table. The rainstorm batters the cabin.

Syli lets fly with another arrow, but this one arcs wide of the shed and into the trees, where the other lantern spins its light towards her then east. She sees a couple of flashes, followed by the long, mournful wail of a hunting horn from the east.

Inside the cabin, the group hear the wail of a hunting horn echo around the cabin, followed by a flash and loud rumbling crash of thunder. The storm seems to be coming closer. Vaceran jumps and drops the arrowhead, as he gets to his feet and pulls an arrow from his quiver. To his credit, his hands seem to have steadied.

Turn Order
Varsk
Syli
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen <----
Mehriv
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

The group sprint to the canoe. Korrik is there first, followed immediately by Merric crashing through the tall grasses. Kal and Artho follow seconds later and they quickly set to the paddles, trying to keep pace with the lizardfolk as it swims easily through the water like an alligator. The creature leads you southwards through a maze of channels that take you deeper and deeper into the endless bayou. The tall grass obscures most of your view of the surrounding area, but you can see rainclouds gathering in the sky far off to the west. After so long in the dense, humid forest, the sunlight here feels burningly hot, and the enormous expanse of sky overhead makes you all feel quite small. Your guide continues to swim tirelessly onwards, without so much as a backwards look to you.

After an hour or so, as the rainclouds are almost upon you, your guide pops its head up, and then dives underwater into the dark brown water and out of sight, leaving you alone in a circular clearing in the middle of a sea of grass. A peaceful quietness falls over you, punctuated by the occassional chirps and grunts of what you presume is nearby wildlife.

((What would you like to do now or have done during your travels to this point?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:59 pm

((During the hour of paddling, Korrik would have been at the front of the canoe looking for snags and alerting the paddlers to anything problematic. Should it be smooth paddling, he'd duck out of the sun as much as possible, the shadows are much more comfortable and welcoming...))

Once their guide vanishes, Korrik will pop up. "Hey! He disappeared! HO! MISTER... um... MISTER REPTILE?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Gwen will eldrich blast the lizard she hexed! She then goes into the forest a bit, going behind a tree so they cannot shoot her.

eldrich blast, hex: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
1D10 = [2] = 2
1D6 = [4] = 4

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:07 pm

((I'll say the trees give half cover to both you and the lizardfolk at this range, 3/4 if you lie down or get 60+ feet of forest between you and them))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Half cover is good enough for now.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:49 am

Gwen fires a blast of Eldritch energy at the lizards as she withdraws into the trees a little way, but the spell explodes off a tree, sending splinters showering onto the lizardfolk, but doing no harm.

-----------------

Korrik spends the journey trying to keep in the shade, as he watches for anything untoward. The whole place is extremely quiet.

As the creature disappears, he shouts after it in surprise, and hears splashing and the flapping of wings as he startles a couple of wading birds nearby.

((Perception checks all round please))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:03 am

Korrik is a bit startled by the birds, and feeling a bit shamefaced that he's possibly given their position away to any watchers...

Perception: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:10 am

Merric will chirp at the birds during the trip and ask them if they see any more lizardfolk.

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Kal thought he was paying attention, but from the back of the canoe it was hard to see.

Perception: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

(Note: I'm going to be out of town for the next week. Leaving tomorrow, coming back on Halloween. Barely caught up on sleep from the last trip. I'll check in when I can, but autopilot as necessary. Sorry. This year has kicked my butt and this autumn is particularly insane.)

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 am

Mehr, surprised by the horn, comes to his feet, eyes locked to the door, prepared to launch a Fire Bolt at any lizards coming through the door. "Is it about time we go out to help, do you think?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:29 am

"Nah. We got what they want here. Let'm come to us. Besides you can't see for shit out there."

Varsk casts his eyes up at the ceiling,

"If we hear Syli fall off then its probably time to get out there."
Last edited by Rodgeir on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:11 am

Druid Group

Inside the hut, Varsk and Mehriv ready themselves for action should anyone attempt to come through the door.

Syli:
► Show Spoiler
Map (outside)
► Show Spoiler
Turn Order
Varsk
Syli <----
Lizardfolk Group 1 [shed]
Valemgadro
Lizardfolk Group 2 [east]
Vaceran
Gwen
Mehriv
Lizardfolk Group 3 [east]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

The lizardfolk has definitely vanished, leaving you all alone in the swamp.

...Or so you think until Artho turns around, and is a quiet hiss whispers: "We are being watched from underwater. I believe that I saw two of the creatures down there. I cannot tell if they are our guide or not, but we are certainly not alone here."