The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 am

Dusk9 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:20 am Locke springs into action, trying to save as many of the things he noticed as he can. The leather satchels are first priority, his nimble fingers trying to hook them out from under the desk and pat out the flames before they can be incinerated.

The vials are his next target, then I suppose the parchments if he's got time.

((Would this be a Sleight of Hand check?))
((Sure, SoH works just fine :) ))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:24 am

Merric finds it rude it didn't feel like responding to him and rather give Artho a face hug! It has to pay for that with an eldritch blast to the face. But a weak one just to indicate it should share it's love with those that tries.

Merric eldritch blast: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
Eldritch blast damage: 1D10 = [2] = 2
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:59 am

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:35 pm

WearsHats wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:59 am
► Show Spoiler
I'll grant you Merrics inspiration die if you feel it's important to succeed on this roll :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:42 pm

((Then I shall hold off on my update until I hear from Wears on that roll :) ))

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Sleight of Hand: 1d20+8 = [3] = 11

((Don't suppose I get Advantage because Shossk is helping? :paranoia: ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:26 pm

((if you both want to save the same thing, then sure. But it'll mean you can't save something else))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Mehr shakes his head, "I am sorry, Goroth, but I don't believe we three can accomplish the task. For such a hostile environment we would face danger simply being there. If the lizards have a way of enduring that environment they would have a distinct advantage." The question of where to gives Mehr pause, "Well, we were originally somewhere near <the place they were at>, but I don't know what landmarks you would know of."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:39 pm

((I'll take a survival check from Mehriv (and anyone else who wants to try, if you don't know where you got to))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:46 pm

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:00 am

thinkslogically wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:26 pm ((if you both want to save the same thing, then sure. But it'll mean you can't save something else))
((Then I guess it's up to Vader? I think he wants to prioritise the scrolls though.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:12 am

Varsk supplies the location, having been very attentive after his getting lost.

Survival: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:30 am

I'm assuming that if I drop the rope, Artho stands a good chance of falling to his doom? (I'm not entirely clear on where he is.)

If that's the case:
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:54 am

Dusk9 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:00 am((Then I guess it's up to Vader? I think he wants to prioritise the scrolls though.))
((Oh yeah, Shossk is going for basically the opposite of what Locke's going for, so I don't think I can justify giving advantage))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 am

Temple Group

Shossk and Locke rush to try and salvage what they can from the flames. Locke manages to grab the smouldering satchel from under the desk and rushes to the grab a couple of vials from the shelf. A third pops as he reaches for it, shattering and catching fire with a dazzlingly bright, white light.

Shossk hones in on a bookshelf containing some particularly well-bound leather books and pulls three of them out of the way of the flames to safety. There are others here written in a language he doesn't recognise, but the flames have definitely caught the pages. ((Let me know if you want to use the water from your flask on them - it'll use up much of your water and may still damage the books, but your call)).

((Please each roll me a d100; Locke, please roll me a DEX save))

-----------------------------------------

Lizard Group
Merric is offended by the creature's lack of proper respect and fires an eldritch blast at it. It gives out a strange hissing squeak as the blast lightly burns its hide. You suspect it was more startled than hurt.

Kal's rope is yanked forcefully from his hands as Artho and Arok are knocked off their feet, but with a burst of strength he braces himself and manages to regain his grip just as Arok slams hard into Artho and the pair hit the wall at the base of the cliff (under Kal) with an odd slapping, squelchy sound... Arok and Artho both shout in alarm and Artho yells:

"There's a slime! It burns! Pull us up!"

Kal can feel both of them tugging chaotically on the rope, but can't see what's going on.

Turn Order
Korrik
Artho
Merric
Arok
Kal <-----
Not-a-Stalactite [-2, -X]
Something else

---------------------------------------------

Druid Group

I am sorry, Goroth, but I don't believe we three can accomplish the task. For such a hostile environment we would face danger simply being there. If the lizards have a way of enduring that environment they would have a distinct advantage." The question of where to gives Mehr pause, "Well, we were originally somewhere near an old fallen tower, but I don't know what landmarks you would know of."

Goroth glowers at Mehriv, while Varsk provides some more details on exactly where they were when they followed Syli off along the druid path.

Tam lightens up a little.

"Oh, yes! Rue likes that place! Did you want to go back there? I can send you there no problem! Easy!"

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:00 am

Shossk does indeed use Shape Water to save the these other books. It's rare that he comes across a language he doesn't know, in this area. Who knows what useful knowledge they might contain?

As for the books he saved, did he manage to find something interesting?

D100 roll for books: 1d100 = [97] = 97

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:41 am

DEX Save: 1d20+6 = [19] = 25

Locke deftly jumps back as the vial bursts, shielding his eyes from the bright light.

1d100 = [27] = 27

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Varsk shrugs.

"Maybe we can meet up with those folks the woman we saved was with from there since it doesn't look like we are gettin' more help on this side. This trip even cost us a gods damned druid of our own."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:36 pm

"Perhaps we may. Still, we have at least delayed the plans of the lizards by coming here, so if we're lucky we'll have stopped them from harming the captives yet, and wandering blindly in that swamp would hardly have given us great boons." Mehr looks to Goroth, "We are lacking the abilities, there is nothing we can do, despite your displeasure. Our journey will lead us to continue slaying the corrupt lizards, though, so we will achieve that much."
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm

"Hold on tight!" Kal calls down. He braces himself as best he can and begins hauling.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Temple Group

Between them, the pair manage to recover:
  • Two vials containing a grey metallic powder, similar to the one that caught fire and almost dazzled Locke (but didn't).
  • Four leather-bound books, all of which are partially damaged, and one of which is badly singed. Two are written in some archaic form of elvish: One appears to be a holy text about "Eilistraee", and the second legible book seems to be some kind of bestiary. The third contains diagrams and drawing of forges, various types of rocks, and a couple of nasty-looking spear-like weapons next to an image of some kind of giant snake, but the language is unknown to you.
  • Inside the leather satchel, Locke finds a rather fine set of leatherworking tools. They appear to be largely undamaged.
Using his Shape Water, Shossk is able to recover about half of the water used to put out the burning book.

-----------------------------------------

Lizard Group
Kal yells down and begins hauling at the rope. At least one of the pair isn't climbing and it's hard going as he manages to only pull them up a few feet.

With a leathery flap, the strange creature launches itself at Artho again and the rope gets heavier, while another plops from the ceiling to attack Korrik, biting down hard and clamping onto his torso...

Att vs Artho: Att vs. Korrik There's a strange slorping noise from below and Artho screams in pain and then goes quiet. Arok shouts: "Pull! Quickly!!"

??? Turn Order
Korrik (-7) <-----
Artho (KO)
Merric
Arok
Kal
Something else

---------------------------------------------------------------

Druid Group

"Well then that's decided! Come on! No time like the present!"

Tam happily bounds over to a nearby large oak and presses his forehead and palms to the bark, which seems to shimmer and warp under his touch.

"Come on! It won't stay open forever! Have a lovely trip!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:43 pm

"Thank you, Tam. I hope you will have much time with your old friend." Mehr heads through the tree.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Korrik has been getting used to the dark. But this is not the good kind of useful dark that has been lurking in the corners of his vision lately. This is darkness that bites.

He unleashes a frenetic flurry of strikes against the creature, doing enough damage in his assault to kill it outright. It wilts off of him and slumps off the ledge and he is back in a much more normal kind of semi-darkness.

Turn Order
Korrik (-7)
Artho (KO)
Merric <-------
Arok
Kal
Something else

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 pm