The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 29, 2018 8:12 pm

The woman watches Syli with unwavering eye contact. It's a little uncomfortable.

Eventually she shrugs.

"You missed.

I am Rue."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue May 29, 2018 8:13 pm

"I assume the druids simply offer safe haven to the travelers they find who don't seem like trouble makers. Well, the elf girl is a druid too, so that likely has some to do with it."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:09 am

As usual, Merric will do his ritual in the morning as well. Afterwards he'll turn to the others.

"Artho do you know of a white petrified tree standing in a pool of water? We were also visited by some weird small humanoid. It had the shadow of a wolf though and was searching for something. It went north as it didn't spot us. What is really important though is a forest pool surrounded by.. Thorn bushes and cliffs.. Blueish trees and of course the grand white tree."

Knowledge on the creature: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 30, 2018 4:16 am

As the shadows of night retreat under the rising sun, I wait until a few of the others are up before moving to the side and doing my morning meditation and stretching, trying to block out whatever wolf shadow nonsense Merric is yammering about.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 30, 2018 4:53 am

Varsk stares at Tam mentally willing him to stop playing but decides to ask his questions after a second,

"Looks like you entertain quite often here based on how many cots and hammocks you have and that you've made up a spot at all. Who do you normally get through here? Can't image there is much trade goin' through here.

You have any dealin's with the other groups of people livin' out here and if I wanted to find a group could you help me?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 9:07 am

Druid Group

"I assume the druids simply offer safe haven to the travelers they find who don't seem like trouble makers. Well, the elf girl is a druid too, so that likely has some to do with it."

"Could well be. Seems like a pretty secret place though, like they don't want people just wandering in... Ah there we go!"

She strums her harp.

"Good enough I think! Let's see how your repair holds up!"

Seeing the harp ready to play, Tam leaps up and hurries over to sit near the fire again. Varsk rolls his eyes and follows, asking his questions as he goes.

["Looks like you entertain quite often here based on how many cots and hammocks you have and that you've made up a spot at all. Who do you normally get through here? Can't image there is much trade goin' through here.

You have any dealin's with the other groups of people livin' out here and if I wanted to find a group could you help me?"

"People always leave things thinking they'll come back, but they almost never do. You have to be invited.

"That depends on who you are looking for?"

------------------------

Lizard Group

Merric announces his findings from the previous night while Korrik stretches and goes through his morning meditations.

"Artho do you know of a white petrified tree standing in a pool of water? We were also visited by some weird small humanoid. It had the shadow of a wolf though and was searching for something. It went north as it didn't spot us. What is really important though is a forest pool surrounded by.. Thorn bushes and cliffs.. Blueish trees and of course the grand white tree."

Artho raises an eyebrow.

"There are blue trees that grow near gateways to the Feywilds, but I don't often venture that way. It's very easy to get lost. Still, I have heard stories of a pool like the one you describe. People say it's cursed. I don't know where it might be, but if it's surrounded by cliffs, it should not be too hard to find. The only hills near here are east of us - everything else round here is flat, wet swamp. In fact, it's going to get better the further we go."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:01 am

"Should only be the tree that's cursed if there is a curse. The true god has shown me there's a gift for me hidden in between the roots. Whatever is there should be a great boon to our cause against the false god."

Merric will be ready to wander east right away!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 30, 2018 10:19 am

"Well I, we, are lookin' for some city folks grabbed off a boat by a tribe of smaller sized (right?) lizardfolk that we would like to track down so if you could provide us with whatever information you have on them, the tribe, that'd be great.

Also I'm looking to find a camp run by a fella named Trip. It would be a bit south (right?) of the the kidnappin' lizardfolk's village."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 10:23 am

Artho:
"Our search for the lizard tribes takes us south, however. I fear we must press on. If you wish to travel east, I think I must continue south, alone if I must, though I do not relish the thought."

Tam:
"I do not know who you're talking about, but if you know exactly where you want to go, I can help you get there very quickly!"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 30, 2018 10:26 am

Varsk raises his thick eyebrows at that,

"You mean anywhere in the swamp or anywhere-anywhere? Exactly how exact do I have to know?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 10:30 am

"Well you just think really hard about the tree you want to go back to and then you go. It's not very difficult. You can't come back though."

((Cue campaign derailment in 3... 2...))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 30, 2018 10:39 am

Gwen looks at the people around her. "What has brought you here?"

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed May 30, 2018 11:53 am

((Why do I get the feeling she just ran an Insight check against me? :lol: ))

"Rue. I take it then that you're not originally from around here as well? She says in reply.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Varsk's mind quickly goes through trees he remembers back in certain gardens that would allow for quick access to...

He keeps his tone mild, though he can't keep the corner of his mouth from turning up slightly,

"You don't say. How many can come through with me to this tree? And how does one learn to do this very... Convenient skill?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm

"With your help we could find it quick enough and with the boon of the true god, we could easily convince them to help remove the false god."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 pm

Gwen:
"What has brought you here?"
"We were exploring an area to the north-east of Rhul on behalf of the cartographers guild. They are always struggling to keep track of the changing waterways, so it's pretty standard work. These two came along for company and to do some of their own work studying the local plants."

Syli:
"Rue. I take it then that you're not originally from around here as well?"
"What makes you say that? My home for now is here."

Varsk:
"You don't say. How many can come through with me to this tree? And how does one learn to do this very... Convenient skill?"
"As many as you would like I suppose, but you would have to think about the tree really hard, and then go through last. I haven't met many who can do it properly. Then you'd be stuck too, unless you tell me what the it is and I know it too. Then I might be able to get you back.

I don't know how I learned it though, it's just something I've always been able to do."

--------------

Merric:
Artho blinks and looks over to Korrik.

"I'm sorry, but I truly don't know where to find this pool you speak of. Unless you know more about its location, I fear it will be a wild goose chase."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed May 30, 2018 2:28 pm

"Tam, you seem like a smart guy, you are certainly quite the dancer and musician, and I think I might have a business proposal for you. But first I'd like to know what you'd consider for payment to provide your skills on a regular basis? Or perhaps a contract basis?"

Varsk gives Tam his most charming smile as he goes into deal making mode.

Persuading Tam: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

((Oh yes, Tam is going to be an accessory to so many felonies. >:D ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Tam bursts out laughing again and Varsk momentarily wonders whether bargaining with the cheerful, butt-naked gnome is a good idea...

"I have no idea what I could possibly wish for that I don't already have! Although..."

He looks wonderingly at the harpist.

"There is so much music that I haven't heard yet, especially the songs made by people in places where the trees don't grow. They are hard to get to. That is what I would trade! A song I have never heard before, performed by its creator!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 30, 2018 3:28 pm

"Merric, if we sort out the lizards, then we don't need to watch our backs if we go after your tree later.", I say reasonably.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed May 30, 2018 10:11 pm

Syli pauses, fixing the woman with a confused expression. "Huh... okay, well, I guess I misunderstood."

"...what made you decide to help us, or me, anyhow?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Merric looks desperately at Kal hoping at least he understands it. For emphasis Merric will also telephatically send the message while speaking

"A gods gift is like giving birth. It takes hard work getting there and you don't know what, where and when it will happen. But most of all, it demands your entire focus and can't be delayed and at the end you feel truly blessed!"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 31, 2018 12:41 am

Varsk nods sagely at the naked little man's request.

"You drive a hard bargain Tam but I am sure I can find you some new songs. A few potential...entertainers come to mind that I doubt spend much time near trees."

Varsk rubs his chin thoughtfully,

"I would like to begin our arrangement as soon as possible but unfortunately I am engaged in a rescue mission..."
An idea seemingly strikes him, "Say Tam do you know any trees in or very near the lizardfolk to the (direction I came from and north's) camp? With your help we could hop in, grab the hostages and hop back here. It would be an excellent test of your skills."

((This pretty much fits Varsk's beliefs in druids :). Thinks, Varsk is still totally on mission o:)...for now. Got to test out Tam's moral compass first))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 31, 2018 12:49 am

Nature: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Kal doesn't know what the wolf thing is, either. He's prepared to head south.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 31, 2018 8:22 am

Druid Group

Syli:
"Huh... okay, well, I guess I misunderstood...what made you decide to help us, or me, anyhow?"

She shrugs again.
"I like cats too."

Varsk:
"Say Tam do you know any trees in or very near the lizardfolk to the (direction I came from and north's) camp? With your help we could hop in, grab the hostages and hop back here. It would be an excellent test of your skills."

Tam grins.

"North is everywhere from here. So is south, and east and west and every other direction you can think of. I think up and down are the same... There are lots of villages and lots of trees. You will have to do better than that!"

----------------

Lizard Group

Merric tries to convince the others to go looking for the gift his god has left him. Somewhere. They aren't very taken with the idea.

Artho eventually says:
"I don't know this part of the swamp very well, but there are plenty others who do. If we find the lizardfolk tribe, they may be able to help you, or we might find others out here who know where this pool is located."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu May 31, 2018 1:13 pm

Varsk will scratch his chin considering.

"Do you know the name of the local Lizardfolk tribes and where they have their villages? Otherwise I'm goin'to need some help pickin' a good tree to go to."

Insight:Is Tam legit and to get a read on him: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18