The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:18 pm

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:23 pm

((Alright, cool!))

Shossk incants a prayer as he looks over the temple door, "Kecuala tluog ve aso," seeking Guidance for his efforts.
(+1d4 to the roll)

Arcana check on Temple door w/ Guidance:
1d20+6 = [10] = 16
1d4 = [2] = 2

(18 total)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Temple Group
Shossk reaches out towards the door, searching for any trace of magics in the stonework, and sure enough, he feels the familiar tingling sensation of magical energy gently emanating from the stone.

Locke walks the perimeter of the temple, which takes around 10 minutes to complete, but he does indeed find another doorway. It's almost completely hidden beneath a mound of dirt and fallen branches and moss but the dull glint of weathered metal is enough to catch his eye. It also seems to be made of stone, but reinforced with old, inscribed metal banding. It'll take a bit of time to clear the debris from this area, but it's an option at least.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Grinning to himself, Locke starts clearing away the debris surrounding his discovery. His claws dig into the soft earth, pushing it aside as he traces the stonework and metal banding.

Is there a keyhole, or latch, or some other method of opening it?
Did ancient civilisations even use keys?
Did Elves use keys?

Who knows! Let's find out...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Temple Group
Locke's mind runs over the possibilities of what he might find as he begins to dig through the debris.

((Let's have a strength/Athletics) check to see how long this all takes))

Druid group
Gorock recoils slightly at the presence of the sickness.

"I will tell the elders what you brought. Leave the body here, and let us hope that the sickness does not spread from it."

((I'll update for the glade when everyone's posted))

Lizard group
Korrik shrugs at the choice and suggests the group go left.

((Anyone want to make any checks?))

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:00 pm

"Guess I can dump it wherever but they seemed to want proof. Went and kill'd them some proof. Time to start talking about how you druids can balance shit out in the swamp - by helping us deal with these lizardfolk."

He leaves the body and goes to the glade where presumably feels nothing.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Shossk contemplates the door. It opens with magic, certainly, but exactly how is what he wished to know.

He places his scaly hand on the door, this time incanting prayers in a more ritualistic fashion, "Kecuala tluog ve dout irthir. Visp ve zahae nomeno ifni," beginning the process of casting Identify. He will know how to get through, eventually.

((Casting Identify as a ritual. It will take 10 minutes to fully cast, but it won't consume a spell slot to do so.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Mehr nods slightly as Gorock recoils from the body, "Proof of the sickness was needed, but as soon as that confirmation is complete the body can be removed from your glades, to ensure no harm is done."
With the time to rest available, Mehr takes a seat on one of the moss beds, laying the staff across his knees as he investigates it.

Con save: 1d20+4 = [5] = 9

From the loot, Mehr has the staff, belt pouch, and robes from the mage-type lizard, as well as the two lanterns, a machete... I kinda want to just take as much as possible for the purposes of selling, even as scrap materials. XD I think that's probably about as much as he can carry though.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Kal looks around, trying to figure out where the fungus is likely to grow, and whether there's anything else to recommend either path.
► Show Spoiler
If there isn't a clear indication from his own observations or our guide, he'll suggest the passage that leads down.

He'll mark the wall before proceeding.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:18 pm

"Sounds good to me Kal, you're the expert! Lead on!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:26 am

Unless his vision was of the two new players, I think you forgot Merric :o

"Yup, sounds good... Arok have you ever been to the great white tree?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:25 am

[quote=Theis2 post_id=277382 time=1555075576 user_id=63]
Unless his vision was of the two new players, I think you forgot Merric :o

((You're probably totally right, but last I can see, you were talking to Arok about telepathy... What did I miss?))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:51 am

Gwen tries to reach her patron even wothout the staff.

<I wish to communicate with you about a few things. We have found something that I think might ne the stolen item. A staff made out of bone that fells both wrong and right at the same time. Is this what you were seeking o great one?>

If yes <O great one, how will I go to return this item to you?>
If no <I am sorry, I am a pathetic creature. I need more clarification as to find this item you seek.>

Either way
<I wish to serve you better master, but I have ran into a lot of trouble recently. Many times while fighting for you I have fallen in battle, and so have my allies. I fear I may die before I give you what you deserve. I am only a humble worm but I request to be able to heal my fallen comrades and better protect them. Please allow me to do this so I can serve you better.>

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:11 am

The daily ritual :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:12 am

((ah ok, must have missed it!))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Druid Group
Exhausted from the day, Mehriv and Gwen sit down to contemplate various things, but have barely closed their eyes before they slump into the moss, completely asleep. Vaceran is similarly overwhelmed, and is soon sleeping peacefully. Varsk by comparison, is more used to controlling his physical state and, although tired, doesn't fall into the same deep slumber as the others.

Varsk:
► Show Spoiler
((Gwen, give me a d20 roll please))

The next morning, Varsk, Mehriv and Gwen are awakened by the dawn, and find themselves fully rested, dressed in their own clothes, which appear to have been cleaned and repaired of any damage taken the previous night. The berry bushes are ripe and full, and the little spring burbles happily at the far end of the glade. Valemgadro, Vaceran and Tam are nowhere to be seen.

((If you want to check those items now or do something else instead, let me know))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizard Group

"Yup, sounds good... Arok have you ever been to the great white tree?
"No. Only dead trees are white."

Kal takes a moment to pause and consider the passageways. There's faint smell of ahead that reminds him of rotting meat that he isn't too fond of, but the passage is otherwise dry. The passage to the right seems damp and muddy, and otherwise odour-free but he's not sure which will be better for finding the fungus. Arok doesn't contribute anything of use to the decision, and Artho seems equally unsure.

Nature for Artho: 1d20+3 = [8] = 11

With nothing much to choose between them, Kal scoops some mud off the passage floor and draws an arrow on the wall of the passageway. Arok grunts in what might be approval and follows the group into the dark. Following the twisting, winding passageways down, the pungent smell gets stronger...

Perception check from whoever's in front please (Kal?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shosk settles down to contemplate the door and after about 10 minutes or so, has identified the presence of what seems to be some kind of teleportation spell tangled up with a moderately powerful illusion. Both spells are beyond his capabilities and understanding, but it seems that they are designed to offer or deny entrance through the door. All one needs to do is place a hand on the stone to activate the magic...

To his right, Locke starts enthusiastically digging through a pile of vines and dirt.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 pm

((Hmm, can Shossk determine what the parameters are required to gain access? If the door can grant or deny entrance, it should have qualifiers.))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 pm

((Nope, that part of the spell is obscured to him)).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Varsk will get some berry breakfast and pocket a few before checking the javelin out. He will look it over and give it a few practice throws to figure out what's different.

He will give Mehr, but not Gwen, a recounting of the conversation he heard between Tam and Valemgaldro. He will provide a conclusion,

"So they nuts or is shit gonna hit the wall soon ya think? Sounds way above anything we can handle if the shit is going to be flying. Hells, we can't even save those rich people."

((Dlover check out the Varsk spoiler. Burns, Varsk doesn't trust Gwen since that magic on the boat.))

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Shossk stares at the door, head at a slight tilt. While he understood more about how the door functions, in fact it's more of a teleportation node than a door, he still didn't quite understand the mechanisms behind it. He contemplates the access point. Should he go ahead and touch it, to see if it accepts him? One half of his split diety would have him do so, boldly venturing forth as the gate itself isn't trapped.

However, the other half of his diety would bid him to be wary. Firstly, Shossk knows that there is a secondary entrance for non-magical persons, so one's magical potential must be a factor. It is a possibility that Shossk would be transported inside, alone with any number of unknown dangers on the other end, with Locke unable to follow. This would defeat the purpose of having enlisted Locke's aid, and might lead to a deadly situation if there is no immediate way back out again.

Instead Shossk turns to his right and strides over to see what his companion is doing. "The enntrance is enchanted with teleportation magic, but I cannot determine iff it is safe to use. This is the secondary entrance?" The lizardman asks, glancing between the pile of earth and vegetation and Locke's dirty paws. "I wwill aid you."

Rather than getting down and dirty with Locke, though, instead Shossk locks his eyes on the earthen mound. He raises a clawed hand, weaving a few, precise signs before grasping at the air, and by magical extension the earth. Using the Mold Earth cantrip, he lifts what he can, excavating and shunting large chunks of loose earth out of the way.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Was gwen unable to contact her patron during her sleep?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Was gwen unable to contact her patron during her sleep?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:02 pm Was gwen unable to contact her patron during her sleep?
((She wasn't able to reach out as intended, but I'm waiting on your d20 roll))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Oh sorry here. [1d20] = 15