The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:51 am

Korrik not feeling well, and not too keen to smear stuff on himself that will make it harder to hide, rubs the end of his staff in the glow stuff so he can light his way, but he'd rather keep the shadows if something comes for them. He makes a mental note to have Kal take a look at his arm, but the paladin's healing needs to be focused on the lizard chief at the moment... if he dies, they probably will follow...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 am

((isn't your staff in the canoe?))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:59 am

Varsk is feeling pretty beat...

Insight: 2d20+2 = [6, 5] = 8

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Varsk is focussed on moving corpses to notice a great deal else. He does appreciate the fact that Valemgadro is not currently ranting or trying to throw himself into the flames or something.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:11 pm

((Yeah... probably. I'd forgotten. Even better, if he can scrounge up a stick or something to use? Then he won't feel bad about leaving it in a nasty cave somewhere if it comes to that.))

"We ready to move out? One of you that can see in the dark should probably take point."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:14 pm

((You left all your stuff in the canoe right before you got drowned and pulled down here and you haven't seen any evidence of there being much in the way of sophisticated tools or weapons down here. This clan seen to rely mostly on their teeth and claws to fight with... Give me an investigation check if you're looking for a suitable replacement yourself, or persuasion if you're asking for one))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:33 pm

"Anyone got a stick I could use like a torch with some of this glow stuff?"

Persuasion: 1d20+2 = [9] = 11
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Kal translates and the lizardfolk look kind of confused for a but before one of them comes back with a bundle of sticks of various sizes. They're mostly pretty thin, and none are sturdy enough to be used as a staff, but there are a couple that might do as makeshift clubs that he things he could use. Might not be that much better than just using his fists and feet for attacking, but at least it's something to use for light.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Korrik thanks them and drags the end through the glow until he has a bit of a makeshift torch.

"Still can't too far ahead, so if someone else wants to lead, I'll follow."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:32 pm

"They have seen the scales and said they may have floated down the river. Perhaps we should bring one of the corpses so that they may see this implantation?"

((Mehr will decide whether Gwen can has staff after he works out whether it's an evil cursed danger thing.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:50 pm

Varsk pauses in his bloody work and leaves the scales in one of the lizardfolk.

"So we headin' back then? Let's just go then. Bet it ain't rainin' there."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:07 am

"Think maybe we should ask permission to bring these two and an infected corpse into their glade?"
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:36 am

"Nah. They know the crazy and the elf's harmless. They want proof an' the body is that. Let's wrap this up."

Any convincing needed for the elf and the crazy?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:05 am

Lizard Group

Korrik rubs some of the phosphorescent mossy stuff onto his new stick and nods to the others. Arok gestures for someone else to take the lead.

"You go. I will follow and remember the way."

Artho looks uncomfortable, but far less so than he was in the sick ward, or when he nearly drowned, or when he realised you were all imprisoned in a cenote at the mercy of a bunch of lizardfolk, or when you all started talking about dragons being back, so overall, you think this might just be his go-to emotional state.

((What's your marching order? And who do you want to put on path-finding duty (i.e. making the Survival checks as you travel)?))

---------------------------------------------------------------

Druid Group

Varsk pockets the bone dice and and the bone-tokens and pulls everything else into a pile. Mehriv is excited about the lightning-struck tree and sets about harvesting a number of twigs from the tree to potentially sell later as spell components, but makes a mental note to check what Hightowns laws have to say about selling components for offensive spells...

Varsk pulls the javelin out of the tree. It is utterly unharmed by the strike and thrums gently in his hand. He notices that there is some kind of fancy looping script inscribed in bands around the length of the weapon, but he doesn't recognise it. He does recognise that this is a very fine weapon though, and it feels very well balanced in his hand. Checking over the fallen lizardfolk, he sees they are marked with the red claw symbol that is now very familiar to them all, marking these as members of the Bloodclaw Clan.

Gwen touches the staff and a cold shiver of fear trembles down her spine, only partly tempered by the gentle, hard-to-describe sensation she knows indicates the presence of magic.

Mehriv takes a closer look at the staff. He gets a cold feeling of dread in his stomach as he touches the weapon, but puts the feeling aside and takes a closer look. It is quite clearly magical, and appears to be imbued with Necromacy magic. The runes inscribed on it look similar to draconic, but they're different enough that translating them will take some more time. ((Give me a Nature check too, now your examining it more closely))

Mehriv moves back to stands near Vaceran, and a rather calm Valemgadro.
"I am sorry for your loss. This house has surely been your home for a long time, with many significant items to you. But it has successfully preserved the lives of both yourself and your charge... Valemgaldro has a friend among the druids, perhaps they would be willing to provide you both shelter."

Vaceran takes a few, juddering, steadying breaths and nods.

"You know he won't leave this place-
"I do not need to stay. The path has been set and futures converge."

The diamond in Mehriv's possession begins to glow gently. As do any other gems worn visibly by the party. The smoke from the fire continues to swirl in more colours than smoke has any right to be, visible even in the orange light of the flames.

"The place they speak of is a good one. I... used to know the way..."

Syli steps forward.

"I can take you. There's someone back there I want to see anyway, and... I think I have some learning to do on my own for a while you know?" She looks sheepishly at Mehriv.

"I appreciate everything you've done for me. I just think there's some things I need to take care of right now. I will come back when I can. I'll go and see if Tam will open a gate for these two."

Syli pulls the stone out of her pocket and heads south to find the tree you all arrived through in the morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:16 am

((Kal or Artho are probably best, as they are likely proficient in Survival, and have dark vision, but if you'd rather a more active character to be doing them, Korrik will take on that role. If Arok is going last, I think one of the elf-types should be in the lead, for dark vision reasons, halflings in the middle.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:19 am

I agree with Spiders assesment, Merric will gladly point the way only to be corrected by those that know what they are doing.

Also did we have a full rest? Merric would have done his ritual during the morning
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:28 am

((I'll get you guys to input on stuff that doesn't just go on a dice roll, but I'll stick Kal at the front

Yes, you're all long-rested and ready to go, just that none of you have weapons. I'll update for Merric's ritual in a few hours - we're off out for the afternoon now.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:38 am

((Is the javelin an attunement type item?))

"Uh."

Varsk pauses and looks over at Mehr as Valemgaldro talks, eyebrows raised.

"Great, got some extra stones for the pair of you since ya don't know the way. Just let me grab one these guys and a few of these..."

He grabs the shortbows and arrows before tossing everything else into the fire. Can't have them recovering weapons...

He then picks the smallest odd scale bearer and follows along behind Syli.

((Unless Mehr's got a better idea/plan?))

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:04 pm

(Yeah, Kal would go first if our lizard scout declined the position. He's got elven night vision, survival training, the most experience searching for ingredients, and a sense of responsibility for this job. And, though Kal knows it's up to his own skill and effort, he's feeling encouraged that Pelor seems to have given his blessing to the search for a cure.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:21 pm

While everybody is distracted, Gwen goes to under the cover of a tree, clutching the staff. Since it's raining she doesn't get out her book but tries to go into a meditative state. She tries to reach out to her patron, having many things to discuss with it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:23 pm

((mehriv is currently examining the staff, but you can try to reach out to your patron regardless?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:40 pm

I don't think Mehr would be letting go of that staff until he's sure it's not cursed.
Nature check: 1d20 = [13] = 13

((Yeah, nothing better to do than head back to the druids. With the stones we've got we can get the two npcs there pretty easily. Though, I guess...)) "Probably better to let them bring the two in, rather than revealing the secret of how to get there. If there's nothing after a minute we'll go in using the stones."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:41 pm

(Yes she'll try to reach it regardless)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:01 pm

((are you reaching out in the woods by the burning cabin or waiting to do it in the druid sanctuary? Just curious for totally no reason :paranoia: ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:42 pm

(Druid sanctuary is probably the safest place to do it :P)