The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:37 am

Varsk, pulls out the valuables from the hut for Vaceran, if possible (snagging any poison herbs while he is at it). Before dragging the lizardfolk bodies to a nearby spot for inspection, he will, of course, do a preliminary loot skimming before pulling them. He is not sneaky about it.

Investigating for loot: 1d20+3 = [12] = 15

"Can I get some healin' Syli? That'd be great."

((How is the shed looking? Burnt up too?))

Varsk also adds to Vaceran,

"And you're welcome."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:44 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 am

"Why? I just shared my mind so you understood what I said, I didn't go inside you.. The true god doesn't deem it necessary for me to be in the minds of others, only the body of those willing."

Merric sulks like a child being told off
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:02 am

"Keep your thoughts to yourself."

Merric sulks, but is at least grateful for Korrik wandering over to offer a comforting pat on the back.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:17 am

"But talking is okay?"

Merric shifts a bit more towards confused if she says yes.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:27 am

"Out loud, yes. Like normal."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:47 pm

((Forgot the advantage on checks so the investigation for loot becomes:

1d20+3 = [15] = 18 ))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:13 pm

"But it's the same? Except you understand the unspoken clearly and I can show you things as well. Like the white stone tree in a lake we have to find after we helped your friend. But I like talking so I only do it when I need to be silent or people don't understand. What kind of animals live here?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Kal marks himself so the others can see him. He takes some extra to mark the walls as they go.
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Mehr Perception: 1d20+1 = [6] = 7
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 pm

Lizard Group

Vaceran ignores Varsk's rather inappropriately-timed sarcasm and continues to sob. Valemgadro pats Vaceran's head in a distracted way and continues to watch the flames. The smoke from the fire seems to take on a slight opalescent shimmer as the group watch the blaze, but there is little to be done. Varsk helps pull some things out of the house, and then moves to drag the bodies of the 13(!) lizardfolk into a heap. Searching through them, he finds them all marked with various tattoos and patterned scars, and wearing necklaces of animal teeth and such things. Some of the largest of the lizardfolk have patches of darkened scales on their bodies, much like the ones you encountered before.

As Varsk sweeps the area to collect everything he can, there is an almighty <CRACK> as a bolt of lightning strikes a tree nearby. Splinters of burnt and charred wood* explode across the garden and in the bright light, Varsk sees a lost javelin embedded into the smouldering trunk, now crackling with electric energy.

Amongst the gear, you find (in usable condition):
  • 5 Javelins
  • 3 Shortbows and ~50 arrows
  • 4 Heavy clubs
  • 6 Spiked shields
  • 2 Machetes (shortsword stats)
  • 2 Lanterns
  • 1 slingshot & a pouch with 7 bullets
  • 10 sets of hide armor
  • 1 set of bone "dice" (or some kind of similar game)
  • 5 bone tokens, inscribed with the head of a dragon on one side, and a bloody fingerprint on the other. Only those with the darkened scales were carrying it.
The robed one is far more intricately tattooed, with a great many of its scales pierced and threaded through with pieces of wood, metal, wire, and feathers. One the robed one you find:
  • Carved bone staff; the top has been sharpened to a razors edge and intricate symbols have been scored and burned into the surface. Varsk feels a pang of dread when he touches the item, but it quickly passes.
  • A belt pouch containing: A piece of iron, some thorny twigs, a little box containing some dead bugs, a tiny, crudely-made fetish in the shape of a four-legged animal, made of bone and wrapped in sinew and feathers.
  • Fine robes
-------------------------------------

Druid Group
((I forgot that a new day means a new CON save for Korrik! Go ahead and make that roll before we head out please :) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:48 pm

((Not swell...))

CON Save: 1d20+1 = [10] = 11
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Korrik shoulders his pack to leave and catches his thumb, sending an arc of pain up his arm. Worryingly, the pain goes all the way to his elbow today, and a lingering, burning sensation refuses to fade. His hand is stiff and sore.

((Korrik now has disadvantage on skill checks that require use of his injured hand))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:23 pm

Gwen eventually walks up to the others now that the lizarda are dead. She frowns at the burning house. She doesn't know what to say and she has nothing she can do to help with it.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:13 am

Varsk mutters about the poor pickings and pockets the dice. He grabs the lightning javelin when it looks like it isn't hot anymore and inspects it a bit closer before putting with his other javelins. ((You had a * after that line but no follow up?))

Everything else he piles by the row of lizardfolk, excepting the stuff from the staff wielding lizardfolk which he presents to Mehr with the comment,

"From the one with the staff that showed up at the end. Something's off with that staff."

((Oh and he would recover whatever bolts he could from the bodies.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:12 am

Mehr turns to examine the items presented to him, glancing over everything before focusing on the staff.
Arcana: 1d20+2 = [19] = 21

As he's examining the item, the dragonborn speaks to Vaceran, "I am sorry for your loss. This house has surely been your home for a long time, with many significant items to you. But it has successfully preserved the lives of both yourself and your charge... Valemgaldro has a friend among the druids, perhaps they would be willing to provide you both shelter."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:39 am

"Ya, got some rocks that will get us to the druid place direct and everyone will be safe."

He gives Vaceran a solid slap on the back. Before casting around for a place to sit that isn't in the mud. Muttering he stacks a couple of lizardfolk and slumps down on them, he is feeling like he needs a break.

((Why did we come here in the first place? Completely forgot. We wanted some information but Valemgaldro was crazy?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:24 am

((Valemgaldro was potentially the only one who could tell us about... Something about dragons, I think?))
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:25 am

((So what now? Seems like that was a bust.))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:35 am

Gwen looks at the staff, wondering if that is what her patron wanted. She gently touches it before picking it up.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:02 am

((* this is a spell component if anyone is interested, and despite what the books may lead you to believe, here in this setting, it would have some value if you wanted to sell it in your store in hightown))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:07 am

((Oh heck yeah, that has more of Mehr's interest than pretty much anything else other than the staff.))

When he finishes examining the staff, Mehr will set to collecting the pieces of wood. "Useful, this stuff. Most materials for spells aren't needed with a good focus, but a good focus can be more rare than the materials themselves. It will be of interest to somebody."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:29 am

((Varsk wouldn't have given the staff to Gwen but if Mehr doesn't say anything about her messing with it he couldn't care less.))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:15 am

Varsk looks down at his seat and over at the other dead lizardfolk. Before saying,

"Probably shouldn'a killed them all. Don't got much info to give the druids on the Ash'Karoth situation, specially since," gestures at Valemgaldro, "ain't right. Probably can bring'm back the scales from these guys and the tokens."

Varsk squints over at the staff wielder's tattoos to see if they are familiar (from the other lizardfolk they fought).

"We were supposed to save those rich folks that got kidnapped but at this point they probably all been sacrificed to this Ash'Karoth dragon. Least we make some money killing these lizards."

Grunting he rises again and begins the process of removing the dark scales and pockets the tokens.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 am

((Varsk, give me an insight check please))