The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 am

spiderwrangler wrote:More specifically, any miss among the attacks of a multiattack would trigger it. Each singular attack that misses is a possible trigger, if you've a reaction and superiority die to spend. If a creature has four attacks and hits on the first three, as long as you're still standing when it misses on the fourth, you can riposte provided you've got the resources.
That is what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure...

Using your example but flipping it around - a creature has four attacks and misses on the first can I riposte before the other 3 land and potentially end the attack (make it dead) before any damage is done or is the creature's entire multi-attack considered as one block and the damage is done regardless of the riposte would have actually taken place?

Edit: Would Syli be up for making poisons for Varsk ya think?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:09 am

Yeah, the reaction interrupts any actions that come after the trigger, so you could potentially riposte on the first attack and kill it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:47 am

Nioca wrote:
spiderwrangler wrote:Not sure on Thinks position on expanded tool proficiency benefits from XGtE for this game, but it has a lot of interesting stuff I'm planning on including in Sundered Way, I just need to get that info around.
I'd be interested in that as well, I wouldn't mind getting some mileage out of my herbalism kit; haven't really had a chance yet.
I've started building out a post in my Sundered Way OOC with the info here.

**I've prioritized filling out info for the tools that folks in either game have proficiency in, and will go from there.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:51 pm

:lol: Mehr's proficiency with Dice will be useful if we ever decide we want to gamble away what little we own.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:46 am

If Gwen wasn't intending to go wading through the shallows, she doesn't need the DEX save.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:18 am

Ah I didn't realize there was water. I don't want to be eatten by a snake, so Gwen will try to find a safer route to Varsk.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:33 am

There isn't really one. This whole area is largely small islands sticking up out of flooded swamp. It's much wetter than the areas you've been in so far, so getting there will require wading. If you want to be more careful getting across (or find another way to get Varsk's attention), you can do that instead. There's no dry places for a campfire to catch either, but it's going to produce light that Varsk will certainly see while he's on watch.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:13 am

Varsk's perception must have been pretty bad for them to get within 30 ft before he heard them sloshing around. Kind of worrying...

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:43 am

They're still 100 feet away from you and it's a noisy swamp :P

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm

Hmmm... does the beam of an Eldritch Blast create a non-negligible amount of light when it's fired? Its description suggests it might ("a beam of crackling energy").

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:40 pm

I would suggest that the appearance of an Eldritch blast probably varies by caster / patron like an IME. I'll leave it up to Burns and theis to decide what their spells look like (as long as they're consistent about it).

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:51 pm

thinkslogically wrote:They're still 100 feet away from you and it's a noisy swamp :P
I just chuck it up to his general not knowing crap about the 'great' outdoors.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:06 pm

That, and you rolled a 10 on your perception check :P

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Wait, I can top that! A la perception 6. Send in an army. Varsk should have just slept. :meh:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:53 pm

...and it was going so well, too. :lol:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Yep, now we are lost together and you lead a monster to Varsk (who was totally gonna be safe up in his rainbow tree). :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 pm

Until the fey show up and claim your soul for trespassing in their woods or something...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:38 am

Varsk didn't even realize he was in fey lands. Stupid rainbow trees are just as stupid as non-rainbow trees.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:49 am

Which one of them is he referring to as red? Both are red heads. :lol:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:46 am

He would have been looking at Gwen when he asked but probably didn't really care which answered...

Also I had forgotten that Syli had red hair so good reminder. For some reason I had black hair for her in my mental image.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:51 am

Rodgeir wrote:Varsk didn't even realize he was in fey lands. Stupid rainbow trees are just as stupid as non-rainbow trees.
You might be, or you might not be. These are different to the blue trees from before though.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 am

Well, we may be about to lose our safe place to sleep.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 am

There's room in the tree...

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:14 am

Wait, is Syli still awake(ish)? I read the update to mean that she went into Trance and then realized what they might be up against, but if it's the other way around, I'll have a post up tonight.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:26 am

Up to you whether the realisation would have been startling enough to wake you up or if it's something you want to tell the others about.

I've been waiting for the other group to post too tho, so you're not holding things up.