The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nioca
Floods your Ears

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Yeah, I intend to start with the group, it just takes me a little time to settle on a backstory I like. I've got things mostly done on this end, although it might take me a little bit to get my sheet up on that fancy google docs sheet. Google Docs and 56k dialup are not the best of friends anymore with Google's most recent update.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 pm

If you just let me know here what your stats and equip are here, I'll enter them for you if you want.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:50 pm

There, My Stats and equipment are all up to date... I belive...

If anyone need anything carried i can still list another 125+ pounds.

I Decided to gat myself a Smiths tools... since... weapons....

With that im good to go :)
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:46 pm

You guys are so well prepared for frontier life :D

I'll get the first game post up tonight, and will assume that nioca / wears' PCs knew each other from before and are your "local contacts" in Caero so to speak. Everything else that's left to tweak in terms of starting gear etc. etc. can be done as we go I think.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 pm

All right, so I was planning on getting started tonight, but the forum died. Soooo.... Ma├▒ana.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Just a heads up that Mehriv is everyone's employer and will be taking a cut of all earnings of those under his employ. In actual fact, everything recovered and earned is company property, and what he doesn't take is your pay. (Meaning that if there's any cost to maintaining the business further on down the line everyone's going to need to chip in there. I doubt I'm going to be able to keep it running with my share of the loot alone.)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:23 pm

So, I got the edit permission for the sheet (thanks!), went in to edit, got a little bit done on Syli... and then hit some problems. The document completely froze, followed by my computer completely locking up and crashing. I rebooted and got back online, only to then discover that both the forums were down and the drive sheet was throwing out "failure to load" errors (which may or may not be on my end only).

So yeah, my dialup's so bloody slow, it broke the internet. Sorry about that. :oops: :lol:

More seriously, yeah, I'll have to put up a sheet elsewhere and have someone transcribe it, because it doesn't look like I'll be able to use that one. What's frustrating is that before they did the big update, Google Docs worked just fine on even the slowest connections. I used to use it all the time for the PTx games that were floating around here. But now, it's a nightmare unless you have high-speed internet (or possibly even then, because I poked around and apparently some people have found Broadband is too slow to use Google Drive without errors). And it's not the only place I've noticed that's bloating itself out to the point of unusability on slower bandwidths. Seriously, whatever happened to efficient coding and design? :wall:

Off-topic rant aside, what I'll do is put up a plain-text character sheet a bit later tonight once I'm done smacking my head against a desk.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 pm

So I was looking at Feats... I'm thinking I'll mostly want to keep the attribute gains. Spell Sniper could be good, as could Magic Initiate, but otherwise nothing seems great. ... My dex is odd, so Lightly Armoured would push that over to an extra +1, and I'd be able to wear at least some form of armour, so that might not be bad, depends on how safe I am in the back with no armour.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Or ...put +1 dex and +1 in another odd stat.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Dex is my only odd stat.
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 am

Okay, got a plain text character sheet for the mechanical side of Syli. It's not pretty, but...

Code: Select all

SYLI, DRUID 1
CN Medium Humanoid (Wood Elf)
AC 14 (Leather Armor), HP 9/9, PB +2
=
STR 08 (MOD -1 / SAVE -1) | INT 12 (MOD +1 / SAVE +3)
DEX 16 (MOD +3 / SAVE +3) | WIS 16 (MOD +3 / SAVE +5)
CON 13 (MOD +1 / SAVE +1) | CHA 10 (MOD +0 / SAVE +0)
=
-----ACROBATICS +3. | ------INSIGHT +3. | PERFORMANCE +0.
ANIMAL HANDLING +3. | -INTIMIDATION +0. | -PERSUASION +0.
---------ARCANA +3! | INVESTIGATION +1. | ---RELIGION +1.
------ATHLETICS -1. | -----MEDICINE +3. | ----SLEIGHT +5!
------DECEPTION +0. | -------NATURE +3! | ----STEALTH +5!
--------HISTORY +1. | ---PERCEPTION +5. | ---SURVIVAL +3.
No Resistances
Passive Perception 15, Darkvision 60ft
Languages: Common, Elvish, Druidic
=
Initiative +3, Speed 35ft
SLING - +5 to hit, range 30/120, 1d4+3 bludgeoning, 20 Sling Bullets
POISON SPRAY - CONsave, range 10ft, 1d12 poison
=
CANTRIPS (2)
-Poison Spray (1Act/10ft/Instant/VS/Conjur) - 1 creature, 1d12 poison, no damage on con save
-Druidcraft (1Act/30ft/Instant/VS/Trans) - create 1 harmless sensory nature effect; predict weather, blossom plant, light/snuff small fire
LVL 1 DRUID SPELLS (4 Prepared / 2 Slots)
-Animal Friendship
-Entangle
-Goodberry
-Longstrider
=
INVENTORY
Backpack
Mess Kit
Druidic Totem
Herbalism Kit
Waterskin
2x Torch

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:06 am

Right, I'll update your sheet for you, then.

Edit: Alright, I think I copied out everything that was given there. Somebody may want to just check over it to be sure I didn't miss anything.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:37 am

Dlover, you can also dip into muliticlassing if all you need is armour. If that's something that looks appealing, just give me an idea of what you'd be wanting to take and I can work the campaign around a bit so you'll get the opportunity in-game.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:43 am

thinkslogically wrote:Dlover, you can also dip into muliticlassing if all you need is armour. If that's something that looks appealing, just give me an idea of what you'd be wanting to take and I can work the campaign around a bit so you'll get the opportunity in-game.
Bard or Warlock both give you access to light armor, and would play well off of your CHA score.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:54 am

Also paladin is cha based. But it's up to you, and you'd obviously lose potential access to the top tier spells by dipping. Realistically though, I doubt we'll get to level 20 so just play for RP and go with something fun. As long as it makes sense in world and isn't just blatant munchkin-making I'm fine with whatever you guys want to do.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:57 am

I'll look at multiclassing, but I probably won't decide on anything of the sort until I see how important armour really is in a variety of situations.
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:58 am

Nioca: as a heads up, lot of monsters resist or are immune to posion

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:15 am

Oh - One last thing!

IN 5e there's a mechanic called inspiration, whereby I have the discretion to award you guys with an "Inspiration Point" (which gives you advantage on a roll of your choice basically). IPs are awarded for good roleplaying (making good use of your characters traits, flaws etc in-game), and you can have a maximum of one at a time.

In my RL game, I let the other players nominate moments where they think I should award inspiration (for other players; you can't nominate yourself) and it works pretty well. It basically means it's one less thing for me to remember, and the reward is more democratically give. Does that suit you guys if we take the same approach here?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:59 am

Sure, you want us to nominate in OOC, or in PM?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 am

Ooc is fine, that way it's a group decision :) usually it's pretty clear (because it usually involves someone acting on their flaw, everyone else facepalming and then going "oh yeah...Well played")

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 am

Seems fine for me...
I use it as "pr game session" players can vote (anonymous) and I also grant a point or two (also anonymous) then the 2-3 points are given. I have the rule that players cannot get it two games in a row (to spread it out, because we have two really good rp players, and if no spread out, they would get them every time)

That's just info for ideas, think that works best in live games.

The ooc seems like a good idea for forum games...
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 am

We'll see how often it comes up before we bother limiting it. It's not usually too big a deal, but if I think you're abusing it I'll cut back :lol:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Only being able to have one at a time limits it as well...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:13 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Also paladin is cha based.
Paladin multiclassing also has a STR requirement of 13, so likely harder for our dragonborn friend to cross into.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:30 pm

ah ok. Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it :) I'm going to go and write you guys an update.

Let's get this party started!