The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Relevant, unfortunally I accidently cut off the feet while I was taking the picture.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Soooo.... Gibbering Mouther in humanoid form?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:09 pm

More or less, yes.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:34 pm

Maybe it's bad luck to roll your damage in the same roll as you attack... How many months has it been since Gwen's rolled above a 10 on an attack? ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:59 pm

I forgot to move Kal on the map last time around - if that would have affected Korrik's move at all feel free to let me know :)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 pm

So, I was looking at the sheet... did you know Korrik is dead? And still level 1?

I thought he was alive, but apparently he's just an extremely talented undead. :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Looks to me like Korrik is only on 0hp? That's not dead as far as I know?
The level 1 thing is probably just because nobody really cared about updating the number of our level.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm

I was more poking on how it looked like Korrik's HP hadn't been updated since the last time he was KO'd.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Ah
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 am

Nioca wrote: I thought he was alive, but apparently he's just an extremely talented undead. :lol:
Apparently the monks taught me some ancient secrets!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:44 am

Aren't there some cultures that at least used to believe a talented martial artist could continue fighting long after they lost consciousness? Guess those monks got that working.

Also, if anybody actually plans ahead for this sort of stuff, I'm pretty sure Mehr's gonna go down soon. Probably before his next turn. If I've got the lizards' movement capabilities right, one of them will be on top of him on its coming turn, and unless it just rolls badly I doubt Mehr can withstand its attacks. If I survive this round I can start leading them on a merry little chase, though. I think the lizards have the same movement as Mehr, so a disengage into a shift would take Mehr just far enough that the lizards would have to sprint to get into melee again.
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 am

If they have the same movement as you, disengage and movement would still only take their movement to catch up to you and attack again next turn if they're in melee after this turn
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 am

Would it? I thought Disengage moved you away five feet, then moving would move the full distance. So Mehr would cover a total of 35 feet, and (if I've not miscounted their movement), they would move 30 feet with one move, leaving five feet between them, keeping them out of melee. How does it work to get them back into melee? Is it something to do with the difficult terrain?
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 am

Disengage
If you take the Disengage action, your Movement doesnÔÇÖt provoke opportunity attacks for the rest of the turn.
No free 5', it just doesn't provoke when you then move. So you'd disengage and move 15', they move 15' and attack.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:10 am

Ah. So Disengage is actually entirely useless unless there are melee fighters to intercept or you have high movement.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 am

Depends how you feel about avoiding AOOs really :) sometimes it's better to just run, but I still use it quite a lot.

Nioca, have you been keeping track of your spell slots for the day? I think you're good, because I think you've mostly been a cat, but I don't remember if you cast other spells before this fight today. I do know you've only got 3 spell slots and (I'm pretty sure) this will be spell no 3 of the current battle.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 am

I'm generally in favour of avoiding AOOs, but it doesn't seem useful to avoid an AOO just to be targeted by a regular attack anyway.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:55 am

You still get bonus actions, reactions and freebie interactions to take though. For some classes that's enough to dash or hide with, make a counter-attack (or similar), or cast spells. You might also use it to create difficult terrain by knocking a brazier over or smashing the lantern you're holding off the floor (not examples for now obvs, but you get the idea). You can't spend an action, but you still have a good number of options available with the other parts of your turn.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:18 am

You could take the dodge action and hope that will be enough to not be hit and have someone come and save you :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 am

Disengage didn't work for the archer trying to get away from Varsk. Though it did manage to move Varsk further from where he wanted to go.

Dodge seems a better bet.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:29 am

That may be the best option. Ray of Frost won't do much, and I'm out of spell slots, so I can't just hope for Wild Magic to drop a nuke on me. :p
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 am

So, right now who's HP is right on the Excel sheet? Varsk's is right, Merric isn't there, Korrik's is wrong. Is Mehriv, Gwen and Syli's right?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 am

Mehr's is.
My game:

My characters:

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:31 am

Thinks: Yeah. Syli didn't use any spells at the clearing (she was in cat form for the whole fight), so she came in at full charge. But all three slots have now been burned.

Also, my HP is correct.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 am

Sweet, thanks for confirming!