The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:33 am

Well, good job on that battle! I thought you were done at a couple of points, but the dice evidently had other plans for you :D Combat is officially over, Mehriv's hands are now back to being flame-free and you can take whatever actions you wish.

Nioca appears to have left the forum, so I'm going to have Syli take her leave of you all for a while. If anyone else out in forum-land is keen to join this particular adventure send me a PM and we can set you up with a character. Otherwise, we'll continue with 6.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:38 am

Since nioca is out of the picture and our group will be lacking a healer, would it be okay for me to change Gwen to a celestial warlock?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:42 am

Nice fight!

It was very close and I had a picture in my head what would happen if Varsk could just land a hit other than his riposte. Riposte, hit, trip, surge for the triple kill. The dice didn't allow that but they came back for the last little bit!

When do we get level 3 hp?

EDITED by the by

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:58 am

Burns:
So Gwen wants to change her loyalty to a new patron, does she? Well that WILL be interesting >:D For real, if you want to make a significant change to Gwen's character I'm happy to work with you on it, but we'll be doing it IC with all the consequences that betraying her patron will likely entail.

If you're not having fun playing Gwen as she is, I'm also happy for you to build a new character and have Gwen leave with Syli, but you won't be able to just step back into the group immediately as if nothing happened. We'll want to build that in IC as well.

Saying that, don't make any major changes just because you're worried about a lack of healing abilities in the party. Someone else may well join the game (maybe?), and if they don't, there's always healing potions. You guys could have focused way more on prepping healing capabilities than you did before the battle, but went with poisons instead. It's all fine, but just remember there are options you didn't take on that front.

Rodgeir:
Don't you guys already have level 3 HP? I think I got you to roll it in the druid glade, but I might have made that up :)

Yeah, that fight was good and close, and built to be a major challenge for you guys, so you did great! You turned the tide enough at the end to really screw things up and force a retreat, but if you hadn't managed that, it would have gone way differently and you'd still be fighting. Staff-guy would have been REALLY nasty, but as it was, the turn order and last few dice rolls really came out in your favour. You guys did great setting the place up as well. If you hadn't forced those delays with the snares / barricades it would also have been quite a different fight I think, but you got to keep control of the pacing and it worked out. Also, half-orcs are awesome and I love them :lol:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:06 am

Merric will have some mixed feelings about Gwen switching patron, but mostly a gloating of being right.

Granted it might not be the same old one depending on Thinks, but to Merric there's only one! :p

Also I'm going to apologize right away for ruining any positive lizardfolk relations we are trying to make :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC: PLAYER SPOT(S) OPEN)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:08 am

:lol: Merric the diplomat, doing what he does best :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:11 am

I'll win the people over with my childish charms and my powers possibly granted by an eldritch horror!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:11 am

I like playing Gwen, and will probably stay as her until she dies. As for the patreon, she is hoping to talk to him about what happened.

Also I don't remember if we did roll 3rd lv hps.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:16 am

Well Varsk would have a minimum of 31 hp at level 3 and only has 25 so nope.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:27 am

Interesting take, given that you've never spoken before :) Her next few dreams might be quite interesting. If you're sure, you can confirm IC as we go and I'll give you an OOC heads-up before anything major changes.

Level 3 stuff
I found what I was doing! Syli is the only one who did her level 3 HP so far, because it is the last thing I was doing to "cap" off the level 3 progression. So, if you guys can hold off for now, we'll do your HP when you get your full Level 3 abilities (so I don't have to balance for a bunch of you being at level 2.5). It's coming soon though for all of you and sorting that out will be much of the focus for the next little bit of your journey.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:40 am

PS Lizard Group: Merric is still carrying around a cloak you found in the smouldering belly of a giant rotting plant-beast that you aren't using. I haven't updated the loot tab on page one in a while, but you might want to double check you don't have useful things you've forgotten about.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:48 am

Totally forgot about that, but I think Merric would just wear it now as he doesn't have anywhere to put it besides himself and it has been rinsed of plant beast after the dive.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:56 am

Fair enough, we'll say you've spent some time doing that while Kal and Korrik were busy with the lizardfolk healing. Would you have spent a short rest on identifying it, or just put it on to screw around with?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:13 am

He had no inclination to think it's magic so just put it on and fight off the boredom with hero and dracula poses I guess :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:18 am

While screwing around with the cloak for a while, Merric quickly learns that it is in fact magical, but that it will require either attunement (and further screwing around) or some considered study (over a short rest) to learn any more. As it stands, he mostly just irritates the healers who are trying to do their work in peace and is eventually bodily picked up and placed at the far side of the room next to what looks like a lizardfolk creche for hatchlings.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:51 am

I love Merric.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:51 am

:lol: me too!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Merric may have tried to convince them to lift him higher so he could soar through the sky!

Also just screwed around with the cloak, hid behind it like it was a cloak of invisibility! Or a webshooting cloak! Or squid transformation! Or flight!

I also like playing Merric, kinda fond of how he turned more child like than I meant for him to be. Most of the time.. :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:02 pm

He attunes to the cloak over the course of an hour or so, during which time the hatchlings use him mostly as a climbing frame and eventually recruit him into a game of tag then hide and seek, which he does surprisingly well at. A couple of the hatchlings run right past him more than once, and it's only a particularly keen-eyed kid that eventually spots him and chases him out. Still, Merric seems to have an unfair advantage, and the hatchlings eventually get bored and find other games to play.

When the others come to ask Merric to join them on the fungus expedition, he is napping under a pile of lizardfolk children who apparently prefer him to the hot stones they usually sleep on.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:22 pm

I can't remember: Does Kal know about Korrik's continued injury? I seem to recall he was trying to hide it.

Also, though it was clear enough, you switched the group names on the latest update.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:01 am

Reading the stuff here not sure what's going on, but if there is a spot open i'd love to apply, have to have some time to read up on it as the only thing I know about this game is the name haha
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:11 am

Hey asks! Thanks for dropping by but I'm afraid we're already full again (supervaderman and dusk got in first) and quargs on the reserve list :( sorry!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:21 am

Druid group: I'm going to go back through the posts to remind myself exactly what you know about this place, but it was important for you to meet Valemgadro to learn more about Ash'Karoth I believe. Might be worth having a quick dip into the archives to remind yourselves what the druid council told you.

Lizard group: wears is out of action for the moment so Kal will be following your lead, and the guide is just here to try and make sure you don't get lost- she won't make direction decisions for you. Essentially, when you're ready to go, let me know.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 am

thinkslogically wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:11 am Hey asks! Thanks for dropping by but I'm afraid we're already full again (supervaderman and dusk got in first) and quargs on the reserve list :( sorry!
No worries !
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:27 am

Was the charred wood the focus of the sentence then Thinks and the javelin was just where the lightning hit?

I will check what the druid council said a bit later...