The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:38 am

Good to know, I'll be more careful about that! I was gonna post Shossk doing something along those lines after Dusk posted, but got sidetracked discussing trap searching and forgot :shifty:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:12 am

No worries :) it's a super handy spell and I'm not looking to limit what you can do with it (and reasonable retroactive casting is fine since you're not psychic!), I just wanted to flag that before it matters :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:38 am

Guidance on the Thieves' Tools if Thinks is okay with it: 1d4 = [1] = 1

So that'll be a 12 total... :lol:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:28 am

Okies, had a migraine and been up to my ears a bit with the end of semester but I think I'm wobbling back on track. Have to prep for one last final exam tonight, and then it's just (lol, just!) a bunch of grading, which should at least leave time for this when I inevitably need to take a break from it all :) hopefully will get you guys an update by tomorrow.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:04 am

"lol, just" indeed. My mother's a primary teachers, and even helping her with grading that feels like a lot of work. XD
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 am

Ok I think there's maybe some confusion over where you can go in the Sanctuary? Probably my fault, but I've edited my last post in the game thread to explain a little. Let me know if you have questions :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:30 am

Is the Sanctuary not, like... Some extradimensional glade where wandering would just lead to eternally being lost? I'd kinda assumed that was what it is. Thought it was safest to just stay where the druids left us.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 am

The Sanctuary is certainly something weird :)

But there's also a way out of the glade, where you were brought in by Tam. Your call on whether to use it or not, but it is there if you don't want to wait.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 am

Group vote! All in favour of exploring the weird magic forest dimension? (Well, I suppose it should really be an IC vote. Let's do that.)
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 am

((Do you need a roll for Korrik?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:53 pm

So, Druid Team. What we going for? The druids want us to check out the ruins place where I think the evil dragon died? If I'm not remembering things wrong yet again? It seems like an important thing to do, in the grand scheme, and since we've only got the three rings to protect us we can't take the others there. It's probably something to do now, then? Not like going back to where we were planning to meet would actually help us meet up with the others at all, anyway. Could maybe drop by there to leave behind a message so they know we're still kicking if they go back there?
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:23 am

Varsk doesn't believe that there is actually a dragon but does want to find the hostages that are most likely in this city. Could we leave a message and still get magiced to the city?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:30 am

Mehriv has a silver messenger bird that you could try to use.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:14 am

There's a big problem with the bird, though. A couple, even.
First, it only lasts 12 hours. By the terms of Animal Messenger, if wherever we're sent is further away than 25 miles from the destination it won't reach the destination and would be lost in the wilderness,
Second, if it does make it but the recipient isn't there it would eventually hit the twelve hour limit and shut down without giving them the message even when they find it.
Third, as far as I know Animal Messenger only takes one recipient, so Mehr would have to pick one person of the three and just hope they're present with the people who make it back.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Yup, it's definitely a risk :) I was just reminding you that it was an option if you wanted it. Feel free to ask if you have questions OOC regarding your options, but I'll otherwise leave you guys alone to decide what to do.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Got no further input beyond the three of us may not be able to get the job done ourselves!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Can anyone join us on the job? Aren't the rings necessary to even get to the place?
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:27 pm

I understood it as others could join but they would be subject to some sort of acid related effect that would eventually kill them/force them to leave?

A re-read says 'scorch the flesh from your bones' so probably just going to be us.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:42 am

Well, unless we're going to be punished for trusting the druids by being thrown into a fight against a zombie dragon, it'll probably be fine.
My game:

My characters:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:48 am

Lol! I mean, it's your call, but bear in mind the NPCs you're speaking to haven't been to the swamp in MANY, MANY years. They're also just NPCs :D

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:54 am

Honestly if they thought it was a real problem they'd send someone other, more qualified, than the first group that showed up and told them about it...right?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Possibly, but they find it repulsive just to be in that marsh for a short while, don't they? Well, I suppose that's something we could ask, actually. Why does Goroth think we should be the ones to deal with that place?
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 am

Ya, go ahead and ask. Why not? Varsk would actually prefer to speak with the council but doesn't seem like that is a possibility.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 am

Hey folks! Hope you guys are good :) apologies for the slow game lately, rl is a bit of a bastard right now. One thing I think I'm going to do with this game is skip the staggered leveling and go for something a little more like how Spider's doing it in the sundered way (ie you'll level up over a more extended break). As it is right now, trying to figure out the stated leveling is just an extra headache that is putting me if coming back to this. So... The original players can go ahead and just level up to 3 (except you, burns-we'll deal with your class switch in due course). Temple group- you guys will go up to 3 at the end of your mini adventure.

We'll look to come back to this in a couple of weeks if you guys are still around and interested.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:46 am

Woo! Finally a shadow monk!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler