The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (OOC)

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Alas! Poor Korrik :( Those were some rough rolls!

All right, so for those of you curious how that little swamp event played out mechanically, you guys had to hold your breath for 2 minutes on that trip, split into four stages of ~30 seconds. Kal and Artho made the limit from the go and really just had to not make things worse for themselves but the halflings did not do so well and needed to act to make it through ok. Suffocation rules give you like 1 + CON mod minutes to hold your breath (minimum 30s) so that was the baseline.

The initial DEX save was to determine whether you got a full breath of air at the start of the trip (plus whatever other actions you wanted to take). Merric failed (just) but everyone else succeeded. Merric had less than a minute of air due to the failed roll, but it's cool cos he's telepathic and communicated quickly enough to do something about it. Also the telepathy is kind of creepy and encouraged his handler to travel faster than usual afterwards.

Korrik fighting at the start meant the lizardfolk grabbed him harder than it would otherwise, costing him 30s of air, and leaving him 90s of air to make the entire trip. All he needed was one success on the trip and he would have stayed conscious. But here we are...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:32 pm
Alas! Poor Korrik :(
I knew him well... :skull:

Hopefully between a paladin, a rangery type and a creepy follower of a water god, someone can revive me.
Otherwise, time to start checking on lizardfolk PC stats... ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:39 pm

You'd certainly hope so, wouldn't you?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:45 pm

I hope so. Kal is going to be pretty mad about this.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Apnea is getting out of control again, and I don't know when I'll be able to fix it. But I'm already starting to come apart again. So might not be able to play.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 pm

No problem wears, we'll look after Kal and make sure he's looking after the party. Take care of yourself first, we're not going anywhere.