The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:08 am

((Ulmwin won't have sights running the remaining 50 feet, right? He'll just sprint ahead for now, then.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:12 am

((Dash 50 ft will get Ulmwin to Coljin's side, the fleeing lizard an biped are still up and over, and out of sight. It'll mean a bit of a climb for any one besides Maji to have visual... Or you could try running around, the rock face descends to the left but might mean picking the right courses through the rubble and rock.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6494

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Would it be possible for Holger to try anticipate where the lizardfolk? went and cast sleep in that general area?

Also delayed response, but stop trying to be Holger just because Ulmwin sucks too much to live up to his bard class!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 pm

((It's a point within range, think you'd need to see it, and it was near the limit of your range when it was at the top of the rock face. You don't know for sure that they've left, so you *could* pop one off where they were... But I'll just let you know it'd miss by ~40ft.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6494

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:17 pm

My goal was to just shoot it off as far away as possible unless Holger could deduce that he wouldn't make it that far. But I don't think I have to see the point as it doesn't mention it in the description, which it does in some other spells like suggestion. But I guess I'm okay with your ruling even though it will make for a potential recurring villain.. :p

In case you rule in my favor, Holger will continue forward and cast his spell hoping hit the guy with it, aiming it in the direction he ran. (Sleep is a sorcerer spell hence the wild magic)

Holger sleep: 5D8 = [3, 1, 7, 5, 8] = 24
Holger deduction: 1D20 = [7] = 7
Holger wild magic: 1D20 = [1] = 1
Wild surge: 1D100 = [45] = 45

In case Holger must refrain from using wild magic because blindly firering off magic is totally hopeless and dangerous, Holger will slow down when he gets close to the sleeping animal.

"We should probably put it down before it wakes up. Itseems to belong to a lonesome bandit, so would probably help on securing the road."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:49 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Randy and Holger join Coljin and Zephyr at the unconscious lizard.

Tess is still creeping about.



Zephyr
Coljin
Ulmwin
Randy
Holger
Tess
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 am

Zephyr dashes toward the rock face, intent to climb over it with her incredibly amazing climbing powers.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:15 am

((I'll take an Athletics check.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 am

:tfacepalm: Athletics: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6

(I can't imagine I'll ever hear the end of this one.)
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:33 am

With a cry of delight that combat might be at hand, Zephyr bounds towards the rocky face... unfortunately, she might be thinking too far ahead about how she's going to javelin this running foe, and isn't watching where she's going. Her first foot placement goes awry and she topples into a heap with a skinned knee and slightly dented ego.

((Don't worry, I'm sure you'll roll another nat 1 at some point, and then that will be the freshest in mind...))



Coljin
Ulmwin

Maji
Randy
Holger
Tess
Zephyr[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:38 am

Ulmwin will sprint another 50 meters forward, before muttering some not so nice words at seeing the enemy having run off already.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:53 am

((Will you want to start climbing then, or going around to the left? The start of the rock is ~30 ft ahead. If you're climbing, give me an Athletics, if you're picking a path through the maze of bouldery rubble, give me Survival.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:59 am

(Let's try going through the rocks: Survival: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:52 am

Ulmwin starts navigating through the boulder field, it's a bit tricky not being able to see over anything, but he's making progress.



Coljin
Maji
Randy
Holger
Tess
Zephyr

Ulmwin[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Coljin will ready his shield not that he has time and will head over to the sleeping giant Lizard.
"Let's put an end to this creature."

He will wait until the others by him are also ready to strike and then work on a coup de grace. He will delay until they are ready so that if his attempt to kill the sleeping critter fails, they will also be able to attack it immediately.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Coljin gets his shield out so he can put it on when he has a spare moment, and poses with his mace over the giant lizard's head, waiting for the others to join him in striking all at once so it can't wake up.


The robed figure turns, and seeing its lizard now being harried by a brown bear, hurls a javelin in desperation before turning to flee again, not even waiting to see the shaft plunge into Maji's fur.
The lizard seems torn, but having failed at outrunning the bear, turns to fight.
The robed figure is ~90 feet from Maji now.



Maji
Randy
Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin
Ulmwin[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:40 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:11 am

Maji chomps the lizard, but misses his swipe. It's still standing and looks determined to fight.

Randy joins Coljin at the sleeping lizard, drawing a shortsword and nodding at the gnome, but holding his thrust in case others want to join in.

Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin
Ulmwin

Maji
Randy[/glow]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13100
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Nemeia stays hidden, watching what she can see of the kerfuffle and making sure no-one is sneaking up on the mules and cart. She also makes a mental note to find some way to secure or hide the wagon when everyone needs to run off into the wilderness at random intervals.

Then she remembers her familiar and summons Ily out of his pocket dimension to help, but he's just too damn excited to be let out of the pocket dimension, and ends up distracting Nem while he scampers around playing with bits of grass and hiding in her scarves.

Perception: 1D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [3]+2 = 5

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

((HAHAHAHA!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13100
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:56 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:((HAHAHAHA!))
((Please don't let the cart be gone! :lol:))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:23 am

((Cart's fine, your familiar is just being adorably incompetent.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13100
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 pm

((Phew! That would be embarrassing! :lol:

...The mules are fine too, right?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:23 pm

((From what you can tell, yes. :P ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply