The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8129
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:57 am

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12

Zephyr pulls out her javelin as she approaches the battle, eager to shed some blood.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 am

Maji-bear swipes at non existent enemies, ignoring the giant lizard that had been attacking him, which promptly bites him in half.

Maji-bear chomps onto the giant lizard, who is looking quite rough, but his swipe of the claws skitters off the scaled exterior.

The lizard opens its mouth in a snarl at the bear as Randy pulls up, loosing an arrow that streaks past Maji's shoulder impacting the giant lizard in the side of the head as it slumps to the ground.

((Holger, Zephyr, Coljin and Ulmwin. Holger and Zephyr are ~80 feet away, Ulmwin is over 100 ft away and doesn't yet have visual, though he can see Zephyr and Holger.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:50 am

((Holger will just be sprinting towards the battle but probably not arrive before it's over. :P))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12683
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:18 am

Nemeia leaves the mules and sneaks a short way up the road, aiming to stealth around the side of the battle and get a better idea of what's going on.

Initiative, Stealth: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21


(Not sure what cover is available, but if need be, she'll keep low to the ground and crawl forward if that's all there is.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:20 am

M0rtimer wrote:((Holger will just be sprinting towards the battle but probably not arrive before it's over. :P))
((OK, what will Ulmwin be doing?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11164

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 am

((Derp, I meant to write Ulmwin. Brainfart. :roll: ))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 am

((I was wondering about that! :chuckle: I was beginning to think that Ulmwin was mind controlling Holger. ))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:47 am

Mace attack on Lizard: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

Mace damage: 1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8

Coljin will take an overhead swing at the lizard in front of him.
He will then take an action to ready his shield.

If he still can, he will move 5 feet so that he is no longer flanked by the critters.

(In this edition, can you grab a weapon two handed and get more strength damage from it if both your hands are free? or am I thinking some whole entire different game system?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:58 am

((Attacking will be your action, you can either attack, or strap on a shield.))

((The only weapons that get a boost to damage from using them two handed are the ones with the versatile property. This would be things that can be used effectively with 1 hand, but swung with more force with two hands, and includes quarterstaff, spear, battleaxe, longsword, trident, and warhammer.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1078
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:02 am

(OK, thanks. He will just attack then and forego the shield for now, he also needs for buy or find a better weapon when he next gets to a decent town)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 am

NotStickFigures wrote:(... he also needs for buy or find a better weapon when he next gets to a decent town)
((If you're talking better as a base weapon as opposed to magic or whatnot, you're only proficient in club, dagger, great club, handaxe, javelin, light hammer, mace, quarterstaff, sickle, and spear. Of those, only greatclub, quarterstaff and spear do more damage, but require you to use two hands to do so.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6337

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Holger will move closer, casting sleep on the least injured or closest one near Coljin. Not using pact magic.
No wild surging sadly.

Holger sleep: 5D8 = [5, 4, 1, 5, 7] = 22
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:56 pm

((I'm assuming you rolled separately? Also, whether or not it is considered a Sorcerer spell for the purposes of possibly triggering wild surge depends on the class you learned it through, not the spell slot used. You will want to track slot use separately though... While you can cast any sorcerer spell using a warlock slot, and any warlock spell using a Sorcerer slot, they behave differently. Mostly in that warlock slots you get back after a short rest. In many cases, that may mean you want to use those first, and any you don't use before you short rest can be converted to sorcery points if you have used some.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:19 pm

One of the giant lizards gets sleepy and takes a nap.

((Zephyr is up.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8129
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:30 am

Zephyr will dash toward coljin
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:08 am

Zephyr, seeing one of the giant lizards drop, opts not to try to chuck her javelin such a long distance at the other, and instead sprints towards Coljin and his opponent, getting to 20 feet away.

The gnome cleric whirls on the lizard, cracking it across the snoot.

Ulmwin runs as fast as his gnomish legs can carry him, but is still 50 ft from the action.

Sneaky Tess sneaks.

The robed figure pops up, sees two of its lizards down and a whole herd of folks rushing its way and gives a whistling signal before retreating out of view.

The injured lizard backs up from Coljin before turning and scrabbling up and over a nearby rocky face.

((Top of the order with Maji, Randy, Holger, Tess, Zephyr, Coljin and Ulmwin. There is a dead lizard and a sleeping lizard, and everyone else has fled up and over the rocks.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12683
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:04 am

Nemeia will hold position in a spot where she can still see the wagon. Last thing she wants right now is for them to get robbed or flanked by a larger group.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14562
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 am

Maji goes to the nearest non sleeping lizard and bites and claws at him. He has a climb speed of 30.

Rage bite, rage claw: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
1D8+6 = [6]+6 = 12
1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
2D6+6 = [1, 6]+6 = 13

Crit bite: 1D8+6 = [3]+6 = 9 21 dmg total from bite. Edit: oops! It's actually 15 total.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12683
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:42 am

((fyi: with crits, you don't add the damage mod twice, you only roll twice as many dice. So a critical bite is 2d8 + 6))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14562
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 am

(Ah right. I forgot. :oops: )

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:56 am

Maji heads after the retreating lizard, but they are quite adept at scaling the rock as well, and he isn't quite able to catch up to it, getting within 15 ft or so. He also has visual on the hooded figure, sprinting away to the south.

((The only non-sleeping lizard was the one that retreated up and over the rocks, it had a head start on you, you could dash to catch up though.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14562
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 am

Okay Maji dashes and bites his tongue a bit to keep rage

These lizards have a climb speed then?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 am

They went up and down the rock just as easily as they moved across flat ground. ((ie, climb and move speeds of 30 each. You made up a bit of ground with your additional move speed on flat as a brown bear.))

Maji slavers, foamy blood flecking his lips as he bites his own tongue, cresting the rock and hurrying along the top of the ridge, catching up to the lizard.

The robed figure has descended the gradient on the backside of the rock, and is sprinting off, maybe 60-80 feet away from Maji.

((Randy, Holger, Tess, Zephyr, Coljin and Ulmwin))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:03 am

If Randy has a clear line of sight he'll take a shot at the fleeing figure.

Long bow: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

Looks like he's just whizzing one in the general direction.
survival : 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12

And it looks like it's really hard to track people on these rocks.

He grunts. "I don't know that I want to go blindly chasing someone across the desert. What do we do with sleeping beauty here?" He points at the lizard Holger knocked out.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13552

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 am

((Maji is the only one that can see them, there is a 20-30 foot rocky climb that they are on the other side of.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply