Page 396 of 621

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:00 am
by thinkslogically
Nemeia curses and stops the cart, then hops down from the driver's seat and takes cover behind the mules, watching to see what's coming.

Stealth, perception: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8


Sadly the mules do not appreciate being used for this particular purpose.

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 am
by spiderwrangler
The mules are uneasy at your pulling them up short, but have no more idea of what's going on.

Bramble and the other one: Perception: 1D20 = [11] = 11
1D20 = [9] = 9

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 am
by NotStickFigures
We actually didn't start foraging/going off the road until after we stopped to check out the signpost thingee and we were doing that while Ulmwin was doing his magical reading ritual.

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 am
by spiderwrangler
((Sure, I guess Tess was in the middle of pulling them off to a better spot then?))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:01 am
by thinkslogically
((oh, my bad. Then yeah, I guess Nem was parking :) ))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:03 am
by spiderwrangler
((Roll for parallel parking. :lol: jk)

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 am
by NotStickFigures
(We probably should have read the signpost first..it most likely pointed to the left and said hordes of lizards that way.

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:40 am
by spiderwrangler
((It seemed old, and only recently revealed by rubble falling away. Though I suppose there may have been hordes of lizards there for a long time...))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm
by Arch Lich Burns
(it says 'beware! there be dragons')

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm
by M0rtimer
(Yeah, Ulmwin will read the signpost as soon as his ritual is finished)

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:29 pm
by spiderwrangler
Ulmwin's ritual finishes just before the sounds of commotion echo off the rock.

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:15 am
by spiderwrangler
((Realized I hadn't asked for it, but I'll take Perception checks from Maji-badger and Coljin.))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:22 am
by NotStickFigures

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 am
by spiderwrangler
Coljin, you see a robed figure rise on one of the rocky protrusions ahead. It's arm draws back a javelin.

((It is maybe 20 feet high, and is positioned 30 feet ahead and slightly to your right.))

((Coljin may roll initiative.))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am
by Theis2
Holger will go look what Coljins yelling is about.

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 am
by spiderwrangler
((Sure. Anyone responding will be a bit behind, but we can say you're heading in that direction.))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 am
by BadgeAddict
Zephyr climbs out of the back of the cart, always at the ready for some actions and saunters off behind Holger.

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 am
by spiderwrangler
((Maji, you can roll initiative too, along with your (non smell based) perception check, but if it doesn't beat the stealth, then there will be a round before you join in.))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:25 am
by Lurks_In_Shadows
Randy is going to be looking ahead, trying to see what's going on.

perception: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

((I know you haven't asked for it yet from the responding group, but I'll go ahead and roll initiative))

initiative: 1D20 = [17] = 17

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:27 am
by spiderwrangler
((Sure, I'll slot you in once you get there.))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:45 am
by M0rtimer
"Hm? What's going on?" Ulmwin asks, trying to listen for any signs of battle while for now inspecting the signposts...

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm
by NotStickFigures

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:16 pm
by thinkslogically
Nemeia ties/stakes the mules so they won't wander away without her (or whatever the cart equivalent of applying the parking brake would be :lol:)

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 pm
by spiderwrangler
((Not sure what time period it would have been invented, but carts/wagons can have brakes that press up against the wheel similar to the brakes on a wheelchair.))

Re: The Sundered Way

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 pm
by Arch Lich Burns
Per: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
I already sent you a hundrend or so intitive rolls :p