The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Looking to Maji again he shrugs his shoulders and grasps his mace. "How?" he asks quietly, not exactly sure the best way to catch this probably very quick-running supper.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm

To know about these lizards: Nature: 1D20-1 = [7]-1 = 6

Maji thinks for a bit and turns into a giant badger and starts digging into the sand. He digs down a ways so they don't see him coming. He relies on his sense of smell so he can dig underneath them, hopefully making them fall into the hole.

Per (keen senses): 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [11, 15]+5 = 20

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:06 pm

As soon as badger claws start rattling rock and dirt, the lizards lift their heads in your direction.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Maji tries to be quietier with his digging, as to not alert the lizards.

Stealth: 1D20 = [14] = 14

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Coljin will decide to try ranged weapons when needed, so he will move slowly and ready his crossbow.
He will hold an action and fire at one if they begin to move/run away.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:27 pm

They settle down a bit, but seem wary.

Maji slowly burrows forward, and eventually bumps into solid rock. Trying to go left or right just finds more rock. He reckons he's reached the large rock the lizards are perched atop...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Okay so the plan is to slowly spiral upwards around the rock so the sand is hopefully loose enough for it to cave in if they step on it, and hard for them to get out of. He the does a (surprise?) attack on the closest one on the oppisite side of Coljin ( to make them scamper that way).

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:13 pm

((Make a Dexterity check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 pm

You burrow along, pushing sand behind you, but realize that you aren't leaving a completely hollow space behind you. You don't bring it down on top of yourself either, but it's hard to say how much of the dry hard earth remains between you and the surface. You head left, eventually turning back around the far side of the obstructing rock. You are probably close to the backside of where they were?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Maji slowly emerges and unleashes a sneak attack on one! Or closest he can as a druid.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 pm

((I'll take another Stealth as you burrow to the surface.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:54 pm

The lizards are all warily looking in Coljin's direction, where he's concealed behind some rocks.

Lizard Perception: 1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
1D20-1 = [5]-1 = 4
1D20-1 = [11]-1 = 10


Maji makes it above ground, and spots the lizards atop the rock above him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:22 pm

The badger scrabbles to the top, chomping into one limp reptilian body as the other two break and scurry.

((Coljin, you had a shot ready, if you'd like to take it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:57 am

Crossbow attack: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

Xbow Damage: 1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6

Yay! Maji and I might have actually caught some supper!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:13 am

Coljin's bolt slams into one of the lizards, sending it flying as the last one scurries away as fast as its little legs can carry it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:38 am

It hisses as you chomp it in half, lizard guts dripping down your chin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am

Maji picks up the lizards at the neck with his mouth and carries them over to Coljin.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:50 am

You break through partially into the soil you loosened, but clamber back out and collect the lizards.

Farther behind you, you hear a hissing squwank... Answered by another... And another... A veritable chorus, as you hear the slither and clatter of scales and claws on rock.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:58 am

Smiling broadly while putting his crossbow back over his shoulder, Coljin tells Maji, "Well that worked better than I expected. Nice job!"
Looking over the lizards, whichever one is most mangled up, he points to that one, "Wanna just scarf that one down, mighty badger?"

The other lizards, or all three if he doesn't want to eat it, he will take back to camp and try to make sure they are edible, and then skin them.
Once that is done, he will try to make a decent meal. Boiling water he will make some Lizard soup, hoping the broth and meat bits and some of the rations will make a decent, different meal for the group.

WELL....(the post of the more critters came after i started posting, so here is an edit!)

He was going to make the supper, but got interrupted by the sound of something more coming there way.

As soon as he hears the noise he will yell, "Zephyr, We have incoming somethings. Probably things to kill. Come help!"

He will move over to get closer to Maji and try to see what is making the noises.
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 am

Maji nods and scarfs down the lizard and looks at where the sound is coming from. He nudges Cojin with his head and points in that direction.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4700
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 am

NotStickFigures wrote:"Zephyr, We have incoming somethings. Probably things to kill. Come help!"
Randy's head jerks up and he looks that way. "Uh oh."
He jumps down from the wagon and starts moving quietly that direction with an arrow knocked to his bow.

stealth: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

Post Reply