The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Zephyr raises an eyebrow at Maji but shrugs and begins carving it into the shape of herself looking awesome, holding a sword, standing on top of a pile of dead bodies. (At least that's what she imagines it should look like)
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4700
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:43 pm

((Tad bit bloodthirsty are we? :) ))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Maji grins and nods in approval, giving her a thumbs up. He then gives her a suggestion Paint it with he blood of our enemies.

(Maji thinks its not bloodthirsty enough! :p)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13100
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Nemeia continues to sit in the driver's seat, chatting to Randy and happily oblivious to whatever's going on in the back of the wagon.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4700
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:16 am

Randy tries making sense of what's been going on with him.
insight: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
Unfortunately, recounting his vision has left him too rattled to make much of it now. Maybe latter....

Listening to Tess chattering next to him, Randy slowly begins to relax. He concentrates a bit more on what's going on around him and is interacting more without a lot of prodding, actually smiling a bit and occasionally chuckling a little at her tales. Soon he's getting CLOSE to normal. He still seems just a tad tense at times.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 am

"Well, what about Ulmwin the great, and company?" Ulmwin says, although obviously only adding to the jest. Seeming to think for a moment longer, before eventually he started spitting out some ideas... Names were a typical gnomish thing, after all- Even if he himself put a lot less thought into it than most gnomes. It's probably because realizing how... Not bad, but annoying, some gnomish books can be- When their author refers to the same character under several different names, and you only figure out halfway through the book what you presumed to be two different persons are the same...

"What about... Blight's scourge? Nah, too easy to think of wrong when people don't spread the name properly, even though fitting... Maybe something a bit more mundane, like the blight hunters? That'd ought to give a good idea of our repertoire. We could take some fitting word from an exotic language, too... But then we'd have to fight over which one."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4700
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:17 am

Randy frowns a little. "Are we advertising ourselves as entertainers or as monster slayers? Or as something else?" He thinks a little, shrugs. "I suppose we could call ourselves the Circle Group. We could advertise as we wish then. 'Want monsters slain while entertaining your guests? Let us handle it for you! Need your furniture fixed afterwards? We can do that too!' " Randy is keeping a straight face while watching Ulmwin out of the corner of his eye to see how he takes the joke.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 am

Zephyr rolls her eyes. "Why call ourselves anything at all, the adventurers of legend were named by the either the ones who feared their sword or the ones whom their sword saved. A group does not name itself, a group earns the names based on their deeds."
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 am

Fluff Insight: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8 (To see if Ulmwin would notice what Randy is trying to pull- I'll take an 8 as "no")

"I mean, I guess I could, but maybe we'd rather try and avoid causing collateral damage, you know."

"And some groups named themselves, you know."
he adds for Zephyr. "Like the order of the big branch, for example..."

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am

"The only groups that name themselves are circuses....and while, some of us may be mistaken as having escaped from such a troupe, I would rather avoid that outcome." Zephyr pauses in her carving to hold up both hands, and separates them slowly. "How about...The Killers, has a nice ring to it if you ask me, generic, keeps the common folks guessing as to whose side we're really on."
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:41 am

Maji nods at the name Zephyr gave. Primal Fury?

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 am

"We're neither hired killers, nor savages." Ulmwin states, rather deadpan.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:06 am

The debate and speculation on what would make a perfect name --should give yourselves a name-- carries on for days. As the wagon winds its way though spires of broken, jagged rock, Ulmwin spots a section where part of a spire crumbled away, revealing fresh rock underneath, revealing...
M0rtimer wrote: a set of weathered stone slates off the side of the road, covered in runes and a language forgotten... Figuring it likely served as some kind of warning or notice in ages long past, or at least recalling past events, Ulmwin sees if he can't figure out what they might mean...

arcana: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
As best Ulmwin can tell, it seems to be a signpost of sorts carved into the rock itself, there are multiple rows, each ending with a <, ^, >, or v.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 am

"Hmm... Seems to be a signpost, of sorts. Do we want to wait ten minutes for me to cast my ritual, so I may try and identify what they at least used to point at?" Ulmwin says, wanting to keep his spells preserved just in case

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6494

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:30 am

"Definitely not the killers, that sounds more like a confession that we are the source of peoples problems. How about Holger Starwinds and his magnificient magic mates? No? At least I let you be magnificent in this."

Holger chuckles as he ponders the name in all seriousness.

"While Circle vale is where we all met, circle group or any other circle name indicates some sort of allegiance to circle vale, which we don't really have, beyond it's a peaceful gathering point for the various races. The name should have something related to magic, since I've clearly had a great influence on all of you. Even Zephyr has harneshed magic beyond what her heritage has gifted her. The stalwart magicians perhaps?"
At the sign, Holger nods to Ulmwin
"Sure, could lead to some long forgotten ruins."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:32 am

"We seem to have nothing but time." Zephyr uses as much emphasis on the word time as seemingly possible, lengthening the word out beyond the normal few seconds that it would otherwise take to say the word. There is also a sort of tense, animal-like impatience in her voice.

"I would imagine that some god, born in the blood of legions of the dead, reached out of some abyss within the vale of shadows to bless me with magical powers so that I may worship him with each additional kill, thus bathing him in fresh blood." Zephyr grins, showing her dagger-like teeth, an evil glint in her eyes.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:49 am

Coljin, who has gotten into a rhythm of meditation and introspection while traveling on the cart for days...has decided it is time for a bit of exercise.

He will take a quick glance at the 'maybe' signpost and see if the writings are gnomish.
If not, he quickly dismisses them and leaves them to the magic of Ulmwin to decipher.

"I'm walking off the roadway just a bit and going to forage and explore. Anyone care to go with me? I don't plan on being gone more than 15 minutes or leaving sight of the wagon."

Whether or not anyone takes him up on his offer to go along, he will quickly do a prayer for guidance in finding something with his foraging, and then head out.

Survival plus guidance: 1D20+6+1D4 = [9]+6+[2] = 17

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am

Maji goes with Coljin to forage and hopefully find some animals. (He will aid Coljin in the survival check.)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 am

"Glad to have your help, Maji. I've learned a lot about foraging from my father, but that was in a forest. I have a lot to learn about this type of landscape. I'm certain your druid knowledge could teach me a lot."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:14 am

((Coljin may roll another d20 and use it if it's better than the 9 you rolled before. You'd keep your guidance roll.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:24 am

A little ways off from the roadway, you spot a trio of gray lizards sunning themselves atop some rocks, catching the warming rays of the mid morning sun.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13100
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 am

"Something exploratory maybe... Because that's what we're going to do, no? We go out into the wilds and bring back stories and treasures to sell..."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am

I quickly stop and motion Maji to stop and then point at the lizards.

How large are they?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 pm

((Maybe a foot or so in length. Reasonably large, as many lizards go. They'd have about the meat equivalent of a chicken.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply