The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:23 pm

((Target and damage for dragonborn? ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 534

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Target: a standing zombie

Dmg: [4d6+8] = 18+8 = 26

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Zokk batters a zombie, and one of the dragonborn squads drops a zombie with a volley of javelins.

Two arrows fly from behind the rock, one getting deflected, but the other skewering one of the dragonborn tribesfolk.
Image

((There are three zombies standing, then whoever is shooting arrows at you all.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7204

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:10 am

Dornikal attacks the zombie east of him first, and if it is still alive he will hit it again. If it is (more) dead, he will target the one to the north.

Dornikals zombie attacks: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
1D8+4+2+1D6+2 = [8]+4+2+[2]+2 = 18
1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
1D8+4+2 = [3]+4+2 = 9


Galt will attack the one beside him, slicing it in two, and then move up to stand by Dornikal.

Galt attack and damage: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
2D6+5 = [2, 6]+5 = 13


((I see it only has 12 hit points left so I won't bother with rolling the crit damage))

Tren will move to get a clear shot at the zombie north of Dornikal before loosing a bolt into it.

Tren crossbowing the one north of Dornikal: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am

Dornikal drops the one to his east, and Galt the one to his west, and the one north of Dornikal is looking rough.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3106
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:59 am

Coljin and also the dragonborn squad sprint towards the area where the arrows are coming from to see if they can get close enough to see and attack them. (So, no double movement, if they come into sight first, they will attack, and if not, they will use all actions to dash.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Coljin and the dragonborn run to north, trying to get to where they can see whoever's been shooting from the east side of the rocks.

Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:29 pm

Randy takes his team and heads for the more Northern of the passes, moving at a dash if necessary to get up where they can see what's going on.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Randy and crew dash up the sand, making it to the top of the slope, where they see a figure crouched behind a rock, longbow in hand. It turns at their arrival, hissing in anger, red eyes glowing beneath lank white hair in a sallow, weathered face. They wear dark studded leather armor and with your approach, place their hand on the pommel of a longsword.

Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:25 am

Ulmwin doesn't take note of the hidden assaulter just yet, and instead focuses on trying to take care of the remaining riff-raff that's close by. A fire bolt surging first, before ushering his group to either finish it off, or attack the other remaining one. This time around he orders them to get up front and make sure they are close enough for a proper shot, however.

Fire bolt + bughunters: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
2D10 = [7, 3] = 10
4D6+8 = [1, 6, 5, 3]+8 = 23

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:11 pm

Ulmwin sends a crackling blast by Dornikal's head where it blows a hole in one of the zombies, while the squad of dragonborn take care of the other remaining one.

((Zokk's up!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 534

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:39 pm

How far away are they from the zomvie archer?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:49 pm

((70ft or so?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 534

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 am

Okay Zokk will dash toward them ising a ki and pummel it.

Quarterstaff [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10[1d8+4] = 6+4 = 10[1d20+7] = 15+7 = 22[1d8+4] = 1+4 = 5

The dragonborn squad will move closer to zombies and shoot at the closest.

Dragon squad [4d6+8] = 7+8 = 15

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:56 am

((All the horde zombies are down, so they dash in the direction of where you are converging on the archer.))

Zokk sprints across the sand, and swings their staff down on the sallow figure, but it weaves to the side and the first swing impacts only sand. Shifting grip, Zokk jabs the staff into them, but it weathers the blow.

"A walking tree... I've not killed one of you before...", it hisses, before dropping its bow and drawing a slightly curved single edged longsword, and hacking at Zokk, carving a deep gash into his bark that leaks sap.
It then circles around Zokk and flees to the northeast.

((Zokk can make an opportunity attack.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 534

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:06 am

”Yeeeew speeeaaak?”

[1d20+7] = 2+7 = 9[1d8+4] = 3+4 = 7

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:44 am

"A speaking tree? Wish I could stay and add you to my collection, perhaps another time..."

They scrabble away.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:19 pm

((Dornikal & crew are up!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7204

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:04 am

((Can Dornikal or Galt and Tren see what is happening behind that rock where the fight is still happening? If they do:))

"Ye two stay here and watch for anything from the other direction!"

So Tren readies a crossbow shot at any new enemies and Galt stays where he is dodging.

Dornikal will run towards Zokk and the creature while biting his cheek.

((Otherwise, Dornikal drops his rage and readies an attack.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:38 am

((Yep, using your action to do 1 self damage.))

Galt and Tren nod. You don't have full view of what's going down, but it's clear that's where the fighting is still happening.

Actually... You would have seen a figure dart away from Zokk to the NE. It goes out of view behind some rocks at ~80-90 ft away from your starting position. You could close much of that distance with a dash, but would lose your rage in doing so.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7204

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:10 am

((Keeping the rage up for now.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:24 am

Image

((Coljin & company are up! You don't currently have visual on the fleeing figure, but would have seen where they went.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3106
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:25 pm

Coljin will end up moving towards where the fleeing humanoid went. If he can see him during regular movement he will cast an attack spell on him, but if he cannot see them yet, he will instead dash to try to get closer and see it. The dragonborn will do the same, dashing to get closer to the subject.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:54 am

((With a dash, the dragonborn are able to get within 10 feet, and with a dash, Coljin is able to barely get visual (half cover).))

((Randy's up!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Randy moves forward his 30 ft. and recasts Hunter's Mark on the fleeing undead. He then snaps off two shots at the creature.

longbow attack 1: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16

longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5

hunters mark damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1

longbow attack 2: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22

longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6

hunters mark damage: 1D6 = [5] = 5

Total: 17

He directs his crew of dragonborn to target the zombie if they can do so safely.

Post Reply