The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:56 am

((It's 85' to the base of the rocks, so you'd either need to dash to get there or use Step of the Wind (expending ki). If you Step, it also increases jumping distance, which would aid in getting to the top of the embankment, and you'd be able to use your action to dash to the back of the line of zombies, but it would use everything you've got. Alternately, you could stop at the top and use your action for something else?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:38 pm

They’ll dash toward the zombies.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:52 pm

With a dash, Zokk is able to scramble to here.

Image
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:39 pm

That looks fine to me. If the dragonborn can shoot at the zombies with javalins, they will.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:55 am

((Nothing visible to the dragonborn, you want them to dash towards the rocks? If so, Zokk's side of the spikes or the other side?))

Arrows arc out of the night from near the large boulder to the east of the pass, the first one sailing over Ulmwin's head, but the second scoring a line across his side.
Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7206

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:06 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:15 am

Dornikal rushes forward, barely pausing as his blow scatters the glowing zombie before launching into the next one. Galt catches up and helps finish that one off, while Tren puts a bolt into the one next to Galt.
Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:06 pm

((Nudge to Coljin & crew.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:19 pm

(The other side where the zombies are?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:07 am

((Oops, I confused Randy's dragonborn and yours. Yours would be able to attack, go ahead and roll at disadvantage for me.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:23 am

[1d20] = 5[1d20] = 12 Dunno what thier bonuses are but I doubt it hits.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:26 am

((Bonuses and damage on the card I posted previously.) )
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3106
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:07 pm

Coljin moves up normal movement towards the zombies, to get near to where Ulmwin is. Coljin again casts guiding bolt at an uninjured zombie he can see and easily target.
The dragonborn also move forward and attack the zombie next to the one that just got lit up by the spell.

ranged attack, guiding bolt: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

ranged attack, guiding bolt: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

Second attack in case they are still at distance/disadvantage: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23

Damage: 4D6+8 = [4, 3, 5, 2]+8 = 22

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 am

One of the squads of dragonborn advances and throws javelins, but they are very half hearted about it.
((That hits Burns, you can roll damage if you'd like.))

Coljin's bolt sears into the easternmost zombie, lighting it up as javelins from the squad passing him punch into the zombie to its side. That zombie staggers, but stays on its feet.
Undead Fortitude DC 9:: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21


Image

((This is generally what Randy sees, no zombies currently in range, having been turned back by the spike growth that is currently blocking easy access to 2. 1 and 3 are other relatively easy ways to the plateau above, though they take you out of your way a bit. There is also a dune at your backs, climbing it may give you a better vantage with the elevation.))

Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:54 am


User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:59 am

(( :Sigh: Can't see the maps at work. IT is being especially paranoid lately. Probably due to the Russian hacks. It'll have to wait until I get home. ))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:29 pm

Randy directs his crew towards 1 and moves at a sprint.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:37 pm

Randy and his squad move eastward.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Ulmwin keeps his retinue at the current position, before unleashing death from afar.

fire bolt + bughunters : 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
2D10 = [8, 7] = 15
4D6+8 = [5, 1, 2, 2]+8 = 18

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:05 pm

A spiraling blast takes out one of the zombies, and Ulmwin's dragonborn heave their javelins at another.

Disadvantage: 1D20 = [18] = 18


The remaining zombies converge on Galt and Dornikal, one swinging at the half orc, undead arms slamming into him. Four more attack Dornikal, though only one lands any sort of a blow on the sturdy dwarf. Now that you're in close quarters, you can see that they are of mixed races, most don't seem too old, and while most are human, there are a few that look to be tribal dragonborn.
((Zokk is 45 feet from the closest zombie to them.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7206

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:29 am

((How fresh do they look? Probably pretty baked so hard to tell?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:05 am

((They are all desiccated to some degree, skin and clothing abraded by sand. They range from 'dry aged steak' to 'beef jerky' in consistency, with bone showing through on some of the older or more damaged ones. It'd take an Investigation/Medicine check to get a good estimate of ToD.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7206

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:58 am

((Something to do after the fight.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:26 pm

((Yes, wasn't suggesting you stop and do that now. :D ))

((Zokk's up!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Zokk goes up to the nearest zombie and hits it, attempting to kill it with the quarterstaff before going to the next one and kicks it.


Quarterstaff [1d20+7] = 4+7 = 11[1d8+4] = 3+4 = 7[1d20+7] = 8+7 = 15[1d8+4] = 1+4 = 5
Punch

[1d20+7] = 10+7 = 17[1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6

Post Reply