The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:26 am

((You want your bug hunters rolled for then?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7339
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:47 am

(( If you don't mind. Still busy and it looks like Mort's roller is kaput. I won't have access to Coyote until I get home.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:56 am

((I'm getting called in early at the shop, won't be able to update until after 9 pm, so no rush.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3094
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:22 pm

Coljin will move forward and so will the Dragonborn Bug Squad.
When Coljin is within 120 feet of a zombie, he will cast guiding bolt and send it flying at it.

Ranged spell attack: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

guiding bolt damage, and the zombie is lit till end of my next turn, adv to next attack: 4D6 = [2, 2, 2, 1] = 7


(I'm thinking that might hit a zombie. And if I'm understanding how this works, if Coljin hits, my Dragonborn automatically hit.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:31 pm

((Yes, but you can have them target someone else if you want.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Randy's squad hurls another volley of javelins at the same target, just hitting them and dropping the zombie.
Dornikal relays Randy's alert.

Ulwmin's squad trots forward and hucks their javelins forward, as the bard blasts forth crackling energy, overtaking the javelins and hitting first, to have the javelins thud into the same zombie a second later, dropping it to the ground.

Down below, Randy and Zokk see Ulmwin's attack as the first zombie enter the field of spikes and slow down, but though the spikes are jabbing through its decaying feet with each step, it still keeps walking forward, arms swinging as it orients on your group. Two more stumble into the far edge of the spikes, but start getting backed up.

The rest of the herd pauses and mills about, moving partially out of sight from below, and into the brush, to the view of those above.
Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 528

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:40 pm

Does Randy have a spare bow or spear Zokk can use temporarily? They don't really have a way of making range attacks except for the spikes.

Anyways the retainers will get close enough to shoot at the zombies.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:20 am

((You did make darts, but could snag a javelin from the dragonborn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3094
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Coljin's Dragonborn will attack the zombie next to the one that he attacked, thereby leaving the advantage available to someone else.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:39 pm

One of the squads of dragonborn skip forward and hurl javelins at one of the zombies huddled behind cover, the javelins finding their mark and undeterred by the sparse vegetation.
Two arrows arc out of the night, one falling just short of Ulmwin, the second grazing his thigh.
Dornikal charges forward, Galt and Tren trailing him.
((She can make out the forms of the zombies, though most have cover of some sort, they aren't really utilizing it well. She's 90+ ft from them, so could crossbow attack at disadvantage, or dash to keep up with Galt.))

Coljin scurries forward, launching a glowing bolt of energy that strikes and wraps vines of spectral vegetation around the lead zombie, lighting it up and making it an easy target for anyone who attacks it.

The dragonborn that pass him hurl their javelins over that zombie, to impact one in the row behind.
► Show Spoiler
Image

((Dornikal, to save you square counting, you're 50 ft from the zombie that Coljin lit up.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7182

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:38 am

((Tren will keep up for now.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:26 am

((Alright, they're still a bit off the map, but Galt is 10ft behind you, and Tren is 15 ft behind and to your left. The rest are all 45-60 ft back and fanning out.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7339
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:07 pm

((Going to be this evening before I can do anything. Crazy busy today.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:27 pm

((No worries! Ulmwin, if you want to give me actions, I'll do an update once I've stuff for Randy too.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7339
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:10 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:31 pm

Randy scatters rotten brain across the spiked sand as his arrow blows out the back of the lead zombies skull an embeds itself in the one directly behind it.

((A 25 damage crit on a zombie with 1 HP that managed to make 2-3 undead fortitude saves, I'm giving you some damage on the one behind it!))

Randy shifts his mark to another zombie and his arrow and the javelins of his Bug Squad pincushion it and drop the second zombie.

((Hunter's Mark is free to be moved to a new target next round.))

Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:57 pm

Ulmwin sends out another firebolt against one of the zombies. And assuming it's not down yet, his bug hunters will soon follow up. They're looking to stay a "comfortable" sixty feet away, at a max distance.

Fire bolt: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
2D10 = [2, 7] = 9


Bughunters: 4D6+8 = [1, 6, 5, 6]+8 = 26

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:06 pm

((Roll another attack for bug Hunters, as they are at disadvantage due to distance.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:15 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:34 am

Ulmwin blasts one of the zombies, but it staggers back to its feet, only to be taken down by the volley of his bug hunter's javelins.
Zokk and Randy see the remaining zombies down below turn around and break into a shambling run up the slope. You've seen the night be lit up by Ulmwin's blasts, so know your allies are engaging them above.

Image

The rest of you see the zombies converging on Dornikal at the point of your formation.

Image
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:05 am

"Don't get greedy Dornikal, that's a lot of them!"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7182

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 am

"Don't worry, aye'll leave some for ye!"

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 528

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:18 pm

How steep is the cliff? I'm thinking on trying to help the others on the otherside but not sure which way would be the fastest/safest way.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20628

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:47 pm

((Less of a cliff, more protruding rock formations, but there's a ~10 ft elevation difference, though it is a fairly gentle slope in places to the southwest and northeast.))

Image
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 528

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:12 pm

Okay in that case, Zokk will avoid the spike growth and climb up the hill to get to the zombies, or at least as close as possible. They have 55' base movement speed so they should be able to get real close to them.


If the Dragonborn can still see the zombies, they'll try to throw at them.

Post Reply