The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:49 am

They seem a bit confused, but you get the sense that there was a faint awareness of something moving nearby, but the tree wasn't in the direct path, so they may not have been close enough for it to register.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Zokk thanks the tree and goes back to following the trail.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:22 pm

((Sorry I didn't give you much there, but they're *just* a tree, and I wasn't sure what you wanted from them... you and Randy had departed from the trail itself to circle around and get in front of them.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:39 pm

You found a likely spot for an ambush, with the herd needing to pass through a gap and down a bit of embankment you'd skirted around. The lead zombie, shambling faster as it moves downhill, is about 60 ft away from Randy, Zokk, and the squad of dragonborn hunter's that Randy has taken under his wing.

Image

Everyone else is 120 ft away from the rear of the zombie herd, to the SE.

((I'll take initiative from everyone, and let me know how you guys are kicking things off!))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3106
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13


(how far are we from where the fire creatures and mine are? I'm asking if we are gonna have a night of rest and travel at least yet, so I can know how free to be with magic slots, or are we going to be fighting the fire creatures without a long rest?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:45 pm

((Yes, you'll get a chance to rest.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Initiative: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6


Added +2 to the bughunters by accident, not sure what it should be- Or were we just having them act on the same initiatve as our characters? In which case, ignore this.
Initiative bughunters: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15


(Before I act proper, though, does our group to the SE have proper visual on them/ what's happening?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:50 pm

((They act on your initiative, we'll say you're cresting a dune and can see them as they are filing through the pass.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Image

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:54 pm

(( I assume since this is an ambush, the blocking teams will get first shots off.))

initiative: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Randy quickly takes the opportunity to cast Protection from Good/Evil for the ambush group and then sets up Hunter's Mark on the lead Zombie and readies his bow.
"On my mark, let fly."

At 60 feet: "Now!"

longbow attack 1: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21

longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

hunters mark damage: 1D6 = [6] = 6

Total #1: 17

longbow attack 2: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12

((Just in case that hits))

longbow damage: 1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

hunters mark damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1

Total #2: 8

If both hit: 25 damage.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:04 pm

((Yes, you'll be kicking things off, everyone else will be surprised, just asking for initiative now. Since the dragonborn will be at disadvantage, give me a d20 roll for them, and a target and damage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:36 pm


User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:47 pm

Zokk quickly puts one of thier hands to the ground, vines quickly rushing towards the zombies, but stopping about 20’ (nw) away from the closest zombie as thorny tumbleweeds rapidly grow (plant growth, has 20’ radius)

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:17 am


User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7205

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:21 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:53 am

((PfE&G can target one creature, who are you putting it on?))
((Zokk, I am assuming you mean spike growth? Since you have that, and it fits the 20' description you provided.))

Zokk sends tendrils through the sand to litter the area ahead of the herd with sharp spikes and spines.

Randy marks the lead zombie, before loosing an arrow that punches into it, causing the shambler to lurch. His second arrow hits it in the opposite shoulder, twitching it back with a low moan, but it's still on its feet.
The bug squad hurls their javelins forward at the zombie to the north of the lead zombie, and it takes a fair bit of damage from the volley, but is also still up.

((They were surprised by the attack, and halted in confusion this round.))


Image

((Trailing group is not aware that anything is happening yet, Zokk's spell and the attacks made on the lead zombies are at a lower elevation.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:32 am

(Yes i meant spike growth sorry! Oh and I get to command the dragonborn, right? I guess tail Zokk/Randy until they see the zombies)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:51 am

((You left the dragonborn you're controlling with the others, so they aren't currently aware of things going down. So if there's anything Zokk wants to do, go for it, or you can hold an action until Randy does something?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Lost
Converses Frequently
Posts: 535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:32 pm

(Um, I can’t think of anything until they get into range!)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:52 pm

One arrow, and then a second arc up from the zombies, falling short of Randy's position.
Image

((Trailing group is not aware that anything is happening yet, Zokk's spell and the attacks made on the lead zombies are at a lower elevation.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Randy will take the time to blow the horn, thinking about Dornikal and Ulmwin.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20647

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:50 pm

((If you want the bug hunters to attack, roll at disadvantage.))

Dornikal, you hear a horn blast, though none of your nearby companions react, as it only sounds in your mind. You can alert the others near you as a reaction.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13949

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Assuming Dornikal lets know that the assault has begun, Ulmwin joins in, ordering his regiment to move forward and shoot, while he himself is right behind, shooting a firebolt at their rear.

Fire bolt: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
2D10 = [7, 6] = 13


Bughunters: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [15, 5]+6 = 11
4D6+8 = [3, 1, 2, 2]+8 = 16

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7205

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:27 am

Dornikal informs everyone,

"Let's move! Tren, stay ranged and Galt behind meh.

He waves everyone forward and dashes 70ft.

((Does Tren see the zombies at 90ft?))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7345
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:15 am

(( Going to be a bit. Typical end of year rush with COVID amplifying it. Get tomorrow off for the most part though. Might get a break in the afternoon, too.))

Post Reply