The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:22 am

"Aye, sounds good...what ye been reading?"

((Is the book on the dwarven pantheon still out?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:32 am

((No attunement needed, but charges are inherent to the item, and not the wearer.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3038
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:02 am

"Oh, I found a book about the Malar cult. Who have very much been a thorn in the side of Meiliiki's worshippers. It's always good to have info on your enemies. I also found a different book earlier, about Dwarven deities. It's there on the second shelf, the gray book with blue-ish letters on the cover, if you are interested."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:00 am

Does Dornikal know anything about Malar?

Religion: Målar?: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3


"Who?"

Looking to the book on the dwarven gods

"Aye! That might be worth a look!"

He takes it and thumbs through it, only really reading the Dumathoin section in detail. Any discrepancies?

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3038
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:11 am

"Malar, a minor diety, but he is known as the beast lord and lord of the hunt. Evil Lycanthropes and such often are his followers. Him and Meilikki do not get along very well." explains Coljin.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:23 am

It seems pretty in line with what the mainstream understanding of Dumathoin would be, but you'd judge it was penned by a scholar rather than a cleric of your god.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:22 pm

"Ah. Well, can't say aye've met a lycanthrope on meh travels. Good to know!"

He shakes his head at the lack of reverence in the book but shrugs and puts it back before giving Coljin a wave,

"See ye at dinner."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13891

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:02 am

Ulmwin will be more than glad to join. He's been cooped up in his room for most of the day, seemingly practicing his music, but seems more than capable still.

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:23 am

Zokk, being very much unaware of what is going to happen, continues to carve.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:30 am

The day passes with you all taking part in your various pursuits, and you gather together for dinner, Renny proudly serving up grilled fish and roasted vegetables.

"So they've got a gem mine that needs liberating, and they'll be able to get us what we need for repairs after that?", Kreldoran asks as he passes a dish.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:39 am

"Yes. Some kind of fire breather is infesting the site. Hence these." Randy fingers the amulet. "They're willing to provide support with some of their warriors. Dornikal mentioned it sounded like a creature known as a 'cow catcher'. Can't say I'm familiar with it."

He helps himself to the fish "Fish in the desert." He shakes his head with a bemused expression on his face.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7041

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:05 pm

Dornikal sticks to the roasted vegetables but nods in confirmation of Randy's summary.

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Zokk happily goes to grab at fish until firebreathers are brought up and they freeze in place, shaking a bit. "F...F-fiiireee breaatheers?! Whyyy? Wheeeereee?" Zokk makes some odd sounds that seem to be of panic.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:24 pm

Randy gives Zokk a sympathetic look. "Sorry, Zokk. That's what the dragonborn are telling us are in their gem mines. We can't get the gems we need without getting rid of them. Your amulet will help shield you against fire, though."

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:53 pm

Zokk nervously looks over the amulet. “...D-Doo theey neeed the geems? I...I waaant t-tooo heeelp....fiiiree iis...veeery baaad fooor mee. ...Whaaat...whaat doo yooou guuuys thiiink Uuunclee Maajii woooood doo?”

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:57 pm

((Heh, "wood do". :chuckle: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:25 pm

"Maj wasn't one to hold back from a fight." Randy grimaces. "Maybe he should have. He might still be alive."
Randy looks directly at Zokk. "Regardless, it's your decision now. You are the only one who can make that choice. You'll have to decide if your coming with us is going to be a help, or is your susceptibility to fire going to put yourself and the rest of us at too much risk. Because if you get in trouble, we are going to try to get you out, even if we put ourselves at risk."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13891

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:48 pm

"Well, it's not only a matter of them needing the gems, we need them as well after what happened to the tower... Couple casts of mending won't cut it. I think Maji would definitely have helped... But then again, Maji was a dragonborn, not a tree. I can see how it would be problematic..."

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:06 pm

”I...waaant tooo heeelp. ...I...” Zokk shakes like a leaf, tightly gripping Maji’s old staff and seems to calm themselves down.

”I can help.”

spiderwrangler wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:57 pm
((Heh, "wood do". :chuckle: ))
(You finally noticed that? Heh. They also say oaky instead of okay, and I may or may not put more tree/plant stuff in thier speech later.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:38 pm

((With Zokk's stretched out speech, I guess I missed any earlier uses of it!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:37 pm

(( :chuckle: ))

Randy gives Zokk a long look, and then gives a single nod. "Fair enough."

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:26 pm

While putting food to thoer roots, they will start to male daggers/darts (whichever can be used as a ranged monk weapon) for the upcoming dreaded battle of fire terrors.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:48 am

((Give me a DEX + proficiency check for your woodworking check, Zokk (think that's a +7). For every 5 on your check, you'll manage to craft an additional usable dart (so 1 guaranteed, possibly up to 5). These darts will all be single use.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 429

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Do they get a bonus for woodworking tools?

1d20+7 = [8] = 15

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20468

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:07 pm

((That's what allows you to add proficiency. So you've got 3 darts.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply