The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:51 am

Randy dutifully translates.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:00 am

"We are ready, heroes!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7042

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:11 pm

"Well. Tomorrow morning then? Let's go round up the team."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 am

"We will greet you with the sun!"

She salutes you and runs off to get her squad together.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7042

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Dornikal salutes back and says,

"Well aye guess we'd best get our squad together. Szartha, aye think its best if ye stay here Galt and Tren. We've got Randy to translate for us and aye'll keep borrowing the helmet if Kreldoran lets meh."

Dornikal then heads back to the tower to share the good news with Kreldoran and the others. He'll have Kreldoran identify the amulet he received as well and ask to keep borrowing the helmet.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3039
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Coljin starts reading and takes notes if anything is of significant new knowledge that he did not know before.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:15 pm

Randy trudges along behind Dornikal. He's trying to think if he's ever heard of a creature like what has been described.
nature: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

He frankly admits that there's a lot about deserts that he doesn't know about.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:22 am

Szartha doesn't seem too upset at being benched, he is a merchant, not an adventurer, after all.

Coljin definitely knows more about the dwarven pantheon than he did before!
((If you're making an indepth study of this book, it'll take a while to read, but if you want to make another Investigation check, you might find something else.))

Randy isn't sure what these things might be...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3039
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:39 am

Coljin will do a search for another interesting book, cause anyhow, they have a dwarven acolyte around if they need the information found in this book!

Investigation with guidance: 1D20+1D4 = [5]+[2] = 7

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:18 pm

You peruse a few more tomes, but none you come across bear a relation to your goddess or gnomish worship.

Perhaps the histories? Maybe if Fergus knows what you're looking for he could help? Though you get the sense that complicated tasks are likely beyond him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:34 am

The three of you return from your consult with the dragonborn and fill the others in.

"I'm tired of just hanging around the tower all day, I'm yours if you want me." Galt says.
"If he's going, I'm going." chimes in Tren.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:44 am

"Welcome, then. We'll be going in with support from the tribes as well. I assume they can fight, but they're going to be a bit of an unknown quantity. Plus only a couple of us can talk directly with them and vice versa."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7042

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:46 am

"Fine by meh, if Szartha is okay with it?"

He checks with Szartha.

((Just getting the necklace identified then probably good to go tomorrow.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:59 pm

"After what we've all been through, I make no more claim on Galt and Tren's time than they wish to give me.", Szartha says.

((So, you'll have some NPCs in the form of Galt and Tren, and the dragonborn. Posting lately has been just Coljin, Randy and Dornikal, though I know Burns is about, and I've seen M0rt here and there. Not sure about Badge?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Voices Opinions
Posts: 430

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:03 pm

(I am here, but not sure what to have Zokk do since they are not really anywhere near where all the talking is happening, and that is probably for the best, as they are less willing to go if knowing they are going against fire monsters)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:55 pm

((Just gotta kill them that much faster!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7042

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:47 am

((Oh, and identify the necklace as well for Dornikal.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:40 am

((Same as the others.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7042

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:56 am

((Nice, nice.))

"Gonna spend the rest of the day working on some gems. Got some ideas aye think aye can use from them. See ye all for dinner and then we can meet them and head out tomorrow?"

((Ready to go, okay skipping dinner to get moving.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3039
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 am

With a smile, Coljin does a prayer to Mielikki (and you too, god of luck) and then just closes his eyes, takes a few steps near the bookshelf and randomly picks a book to read for the rest of the day.
He grabs the book and heads for a comfy chair near a window and reads until he is hopefully called for a meal.
He wonders for a moment what everyone else is doing, but he quickly brushes away that thought and instead enjoys his afternoon of solitude and reading something random.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7276
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:29 am

"Any ideas about what we're facing? I don't think I recognize them."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20470

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Coljin is surprised, but then not surprised when he finds that he has in his hands a copy of a diary written by an adventurer describing their role in the campaign to eradicate cults dedicated to Malar, the god of evil were-things. It's not light reading, but given all that his order has gone through during their history to combat Malar and his influence, it is fascinating reading.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7042

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:02 am

Dornikal relates the information he remembers about the potentially related 'cow eater'.

"Least these necklaces should provide some protection if they be spitting fire instead of acid."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7042

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:49 am

Dornikal will seek Coljin out and give him the details of the plan for the next day finishing with,

"Best ye have yer new necklace on with all that fire breathing. We'll get support from the tribe as well and then hopefully we'll be on our way back to Estmont. What do ye think?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3039
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 am

"Yes, thanks for the heads up, I will make sure I'm wearing the necklace and I'll think about what spells to prepare in the morning." Coljin closes the book he was reading, but takes it with him to continue to read when he has free time in the tower.

(Do we need to attune to the new necklaces?)

Post Reply