The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20345

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:19 pm

Gordon's fiddling produces no effects. You are all necklaced, cheered by the crowds, and seated on the rugs covering the raised portion, a couple of dragonborn repositioning a couple of the braziers to provide Zokk with a comfortable place to plant himself without fear of ignition.

The feast begins, and course after course of food is brought by, you each having a shallow bowl and some eating sticks to be able to pull from the serving platters as they pass. The elders' let you know that you're welcome to eat with your fingers as well. The food is varied, and while some of it is quite unusual, it's well prepared and tasty, running more towards the spicy and savory.

Drink flows freely after a toast made with water from the new lake, which remains available during the meal, but you're also offered a mead-like drink that one of the servers assigned to you struggles to convey is fermented from the gathered secretions of an desert creature, as well as a high strength version of the same beverage. The mead is lightly sweet, with a pleasantly woody spice to it and floral notes. The distilled version is served in tiny cups for sipping, and it's the rival to the highest test stuff anywhere else on the continent.

((Anything you wanted to do or pursue during the feast?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6919

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:53 pm

Dornikal eats with gusto and, while trying the distilled mead, stays mostly to water and the occasional regular mead. If he can he would like to have a 'chat' with the jeweler/crafter of the necklaces (if it is a move around type of gathering).

Once things are calmed and they are not so much the center of attention Dornikal will offer the small gift of the short sword to the elder having Szartha translate for him,

"A small gift of thanks, put to shame compared to what ye've given us. Dumathoin's blessing be upon yer people and new home."

He bows before them and returns to his seat thanking Szartha for helping him.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7236
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:23 pm

Randy tries some of both drinks, but stops after one each, drinking just water afterwards. He licks his lips appreciatively. "Szartha, you may be missing a bet here. If they can brew this stuff in quantity and with this quality, I'd say there'd be a good market for it." Randy sees if he can bargain for a supply of the potent stuff. He has an idea he wants to try out.
"Do you have any Jester berries per chance?" he asks an elder.

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 340

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:52 am

Zokk looks over the necklace when goven to them.

Draconic: ”Thiis veery preetty, iiis liikee smaall suun.”

Once food comes out, Zokk grabs a sample of a bit of everything and carefully puts the plate on the floor to get to the food with thier roots at ease.

Zokk tries both drinks, and seems to fond a favourite on the non distilled version, draining many of them.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3004
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:15 am

Coljin seems to be totally enjoying himself eating his fill of the new food and watching people interact. To any of the party sitting near him, "This reminds me of the feasts we have where I grew up. On special holidays we would cook up lots of food and everyone would meet up outside for basically a big town picnic. It was always so looked forward to by everyone."

He then asks, "Does anyone understand better than me exactly what their prophecy is pointing to other than the creation of their new nation? Do they believe that we are somehow still going to be involved in it's creation?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20345

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 am

The elder accepts the sword from Dornikal, bowing and clasping his hands in thanks. When the request to visit with the jeweler is asked, he summons a young dragonborn to lead you there, Szartha following behind. You're led to an ancient dragonborn, your young guide calling out. The ancient one turns their head away from you as you approach, and it isn't until they turn back that you see it was to be better able to hear, for both of their eyes are clouded and milky.

Before he follows Dornikal, Szartha chuckles with Randy. "Perhaps! Though the 'fermented secretions' part might have to go through a bit more branding."

"<Jester Berries? What is Jester?>", the elder asks Randerwaith.

The elder smiles at Zokk's comment. "<Not hot or bright like sun.>"

The fires pushed back from you, you're able to enjoy the refreshments, finding a place you can stretch your roots into the cooling sand.

Tren, seated near Coljin, pipes up, "Yeah, the town I grew up in used to have festivals that felt a lot like this... but you know, less sand, and more tables. I've got no clue about the prophecy stuff, Szar said they mentioned it when they go here, but wouldn't say anything more."

She's given up on the dress, and has run a knife down a seam to free her legs up so she can sit more comfortably with legs crossed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:13 am

Gordon happily drinks the proffered mead and the food and partakes of both heartily. At one point stopping momentarily to yell "THIS... IS.... SO... DELICIOUS!!!" (Gnomish) before shoving more food into his mouth stopping now and then to pour more mead down his throat.

As the night wears on, he climbs onto the table and begins to sing in ancient gnomish.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6919

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Dornikal approaches to be better heard and says,

"Greetings Elder, aye would like to ask ye about yer craft, if ye can spare the time to speak with meh about it? And, if ye are feeling gracious, perhaps show meh some of yer techniques? Aye would gladly reciprocate with some from meh clan."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20345

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:00 pm

The old dragonborn takes your hands and smiles, patting them with old weathered claws as he responds to your questions filtered through Szartha.

Szartha translates, "He says that his craft was passed down from his master, but that he doesn't think he has the years left to train you as his apprentice, but if you'd like to join him tomorrow, he can share some of his knowledge as he oversees his other students."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6919

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:21 am

"Gladly, aye will be here to learn what aye can. Thank ye master."

He has Szartha get the details and takes the old dragonborn's hands and presses his forehead to them saying,

"Dumathoin guide yer hand."

On his way out he will ask Szartha,

"Ye think Kreldoran can cast something to help meh understand tomorrow? Aye don't want to take yer time and aye think they may use terms and descriptions that are difficult to translate."

He will check with Kreldoran when they get back.

Depending on how early they will be meeting for the training he may call it a night as early as Szartha thinks he can get away with it.

He chuckles at the gnome singing and chats with Galt and Tren as well. He comments on the newly redesigned dress,

"Ye look like ye fixed that dress well enough ye could ride a horse in it! We need to get ye another in Estmont."

He will lift a drink with Galt, Tren and Szartha to companions lost,

"May by Dumanthoin, and the rest of the gods, they find their peace!"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7236
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:28 am

"To companions lost...and to companions found."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20345

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:46 am

"He might have something, we can ask."

Kreldoran says he can loan you the use of his Helm of Comprehend Languages.

Tren punches Dornikal in the shoulder, but doesn't seem to actually be angry.

Glasses are raised, toasts are made, and you all have a fine evening of it, eating and drinking as much of good food and drink as you wish.

As the party begins to wind down, various dragonborn make their departures, but each one, without fail, visits the raised area you are seated on to bow and offer thanks before seeking out their own bedrolls.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6919

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:21 am

Dornikal thanks Kreldoran for the loan and smiles to the dragonborn but heads to bed before too late.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7236
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Randy is still very much an "early to bed, early to rise" person. He makes his excuses before long and heads back to the tower to sleep.
He looks at Gordon having a good time, smiles a bit, then as he's leaving points him out to Ulmwin.
"Let him blow some steam, but don't let him overdo it too much."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3004
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:10 am

Coljin is glad he overhears Randy put Ulmwin in charge of Gordon for the night.

Cojlin eats what is certainly too much food for the night and enjoys the party, smiling and happy, he heads to bed very much later in the night, staying to nearly the parties end, without a worry in his head.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:07 am

Gordon probably eventually passes out on a table.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20345

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:55 am

Those of you that turn in early do so, after repeatedly having to beg exhaustion or some other excuse, if someone doesn't take Gordon back to the tower with them, he'll be take care of and wake up in a tent, come morning.

Back at the tower, you all turn in, lulled to sleep by Renny's happy hurming.

In the morning, Kreldoran is already up and working on something in the tower away from where you are all bunked down, but he's left a note with Fergus in the kitchen, who floats it over to whoever is the first up.

"Necklace is magic, pretty nice bit of enchanted gemcraft! Can identify others at lunch if you want. D, if you're going to talk to them about gems and such, see if they've got a line on the diamonds and whatnot the tower needs. Fire opal doesn't suit, a bit too... hot for what I need."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6919

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Dornikal quickly eats breakfast, grabs the helm of comprehend languages and heads to his meeting with the dragonborn master jeweler. He will mention where he is going to whoever he sees.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7236
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Randy is up pre dawn, like normal. He would forward any messages as necessary.

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 340

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Zokk would be outside of the tower to rest. They are intrigued by what Randy may mean by magic item and will go to try to have it identified.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3004
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:59 am

Coljin is actually really, really enjoying a little bit of relaxing down time. So he is going to try to find a book to read in Kreldorin's tower. He will wander around, but not go into anything that looks like it is super private or off limits, but hopefully find a den with some books or a library. He will scan around for a bit for something that might have to do with history. Once he finds one he will head outside and if it is not too hot a day, find some shade and start reading until lunch time.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7236
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Randy will take Kreldoran up on his offer to identify the enchantment on the necklace.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20345

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 am

"Looks like yours is the same as mine! Protection against burning, and able to call forth flames!"
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 340

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 am

(Is Zokk’s the same?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20345

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:18 am

((Yes.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply