The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 321

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:32 pm

(Zokk still has no clothes due to running away from the town and hasno idea why everyone is fancy.)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6876

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:18 am

Dornikal in his, formal brown robes, is ready to go.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 am

Randy has switched to his new tailored duds, complementing it with the elven cloak. He leaves the bow, but does bring the sword and a belt dagger and the boot dagger.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20307

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:47 am

Szartha shows up in an open red robe with a high collar over a golden undershirt, Galt looks snappy in trousers with a vest over a pressed shirt and a hat, and Tren, appearing a bit self conscious and fussing with it, is in a rich warm amber colored dress.

"If anything attacks us, I'm gonna fall right on my forkin' face in this thing..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Randy grins and gives her a courtly bow.
"We'll just have to play rear guard to make sure that you have time to escape then."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6876

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:22 am

"Ye all look great! Let's go have a fine dinner."

Dornikal smiles at his friends.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:09 am

((I'm assuming Dornikal hasn't had time to work Randy's necklace into a religious order symbol yet?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20307

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:36 am

((I don't recall it being worked on, but Rodgeir can correct me.))

The party sets out, Tess and Holger joining, but staying a bit apart from the group... just in case.

The night air is cool, the sky clear, stars gleaming brightly across the black. Kreldoran looks up and sighs, as if thinking of the research he could be doing, before looking around, shrugging and giving a lopsided grin as you head toward the sounds and smells of the festivities.

You're greeted at the top of the due by a group of elders, decked out in their own finery. While their clothing is of relatively simple fabric, they are wearing a fair bit of ornamentation in worked gold and uncut gems. They welcome you (as translated by Szartha and/or understood by those of you who speak draconic). They lead you into the camp, cheers raised from many dragonborn throats as you pass along a brazier lit pathway, to an area cleared of tents, rugs of various colors placed on the ground amid small fires and braziers that light the area. The elders conduct you up to a raised area that has been dug into the sand, and present you to the gathered masses.

The head elder raises their hands and speaks in a voice that carries across the now hushed crowds.

"We followed the prophecy of our people... watched for the signs... found the spire in the sand... and awaited the birth... birth of our new nation... our people -- forgiven?... work rewarded... patience... Those foretold... brought forth life? that might have been water... our new land, the fertile egg... possible by these heroes..."

"Oh, that's us!", he remarks as the dragonborn begin cheering.

The elder claps his hands and a tray is brought forth, containing golden necklaces each set with an oval polished stone that seems to either refract and reflect the fire in the braziers and torches, or burn with its own internal fire.

"We are named Saviors and Heroes, and a few other accolades I didn't catch, but it would seem that the necklaces are for us."

Szartha steps forward and inclines his head, the elder dragonborn reaching up with bronze claws to loop in around the blue's neck. The dragonborn clasps the sides of Szartha's face and touches their foreheads together before releasing him and moving down the line, presenting them to you and each of your companions in turn.

((Dornikal, I might as well ask for a check from you, since you'd give it anyway! Intelligence (Jewler's Tools).))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 am

Randy keeps smiling politely, but he's becoming a bit uneasy.
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 321

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Zokk is uneasy, as they look at the fires. They dare not to get any closer to the fires.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20307

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:46 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6876

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:21 am

Dornikal gives the elder's un-worked stones a critical eye before eagerly and thoroughly examining the necklace and stone he receives and those of his neighbors.

Necklace and stones: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

► Show Spoiler
((@Lurks and Spider, um...no he hasn't. Not because I totally forgot Dornikal had promised to do that... :paranoia:. ))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 am

Gordon is super confused since he doesn't understand anything but seeing that no one is getting killed he follows along.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:18 am

In common:
"Well, we'll see how this plays out. Stay alert everyone. Enjoy yourselves, but don't abuse our hosts' hospitality. And don't over do it with the drink. We want to keep their respect and getting drunk definitely won't help that."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13874

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:29 am

((But as Randy said this, Ulmwin had already cast comprehend languages, and was drinking a whole tankard of the stuff as around them they shouted "CHUG CHUG CHUG"-))

Ulmwin for his own part seems to remain respectful, accepting the amulet with grace. He is casting comprehend languages to keep up with all the different languages, however.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6876

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:33 am

Dornikal nods and asks either Szartha or Kreldoran,

"Can ye ask about who made these amulets? Aye'd like to meet with them if possible, have some questions about their shaping technique."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20307

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:51 am

((Ulmwin would you be translating for Gordon's benefit?))

((Dornikal, you immediately recognize them as fire opals, which while your talents don't run to such things, are an excellent gem for enchanting, and worth quite a bit even un-enchanted.))

Dornikal's question is relayed via Szartha, who replies to him. "They say they have been made over the generations, by various artisans among their people... I think their Prophecy said that they should give them to those who brought the water/life, but didn't specify how many... so they just kept making them. He can introduce you to the current holder of that knowledge later if you'd like."

The dragonborn elder loops a necklace over Renny's orange neck, big orc hooting and hurming in delight as he picks up the dragonborn elder and twirls him around in a bear hug before planting a kiss on his cheek. The elder seems a bit shocked, but straightens his back with a chuckle and moves on to the next. Renny is looking at his gem, smiling as much as you've ever seen him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6876

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 am

((Ball park value?))

He gives his a magic check while saying to Kreldoran (and Randy),
► Show Spoiler
Arcana: Fire opal arcana: 1D20 = [18] = 18


"Gladly like to meet them, when aye get a chance, this is fine work."

((The dice are hot today!))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2993
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:09 am

Coljin was going to assist with the translation for Gordon, but seeing that Ulmwin is going to have a spell to assist with all the languages; he'll nod with a smile and instead just enjoy himself at the party. He accepts that gift with a smile and a slight bow, "I am honored" he states in common.

He asks, "Why exactly are we heroes to them? what that we have done has it been that we've done that has affected them?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6876

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:14 am

((I think it was mostly Renny that did it directly onsite but we set into motion the events that resulted in Renny being able to do what he did?))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13874

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:15 am

((Clearly, saving Renny was ordained by the stars himself! I'm certain there's a great future for that orc.))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6876

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:20 am

((I am just thinking Spider missed a chance during the fight with the snake monster abomination to have the bean bag get ruptured and all the beans instantly activate inside it!))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20307

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:51 pm

((They would have exploded!))

((Dornikal would put each necklace in the range of several hundred gold, before any possible enchantments.))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Randy grunts. "Interesting. There's a pretty good chance that they've all got an enchantment of some type then."

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:48 am

Gordon fiddles with his necklace.

Post Reply