The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:47 pm

((Lay on Hands? How much you dumping in?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:05 am

Lay on hands yes.

I'll start with increments of 1 HP at a time and continue the treatment until the foot heals.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 am

With the application of 2 HP, the foot seems back in good shape, the dragonborn getting up to their knees and clasping your hands, speaking to you in their tongue.

Zokk
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 321

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:31 am

”Hmmm....littleeoonee is paladin, soo can heeal soome. But noot suree if littlee oonee wants too. Hee cannoot speeak coomoon toongee yet.”

Zokk tries to think of another ways to communicate to the gnome a way without speech.

Zokk leans down and points to the gnome, then his hands. They make a crude drawingof a dragonborn.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:30 pm

Gordon smiles warmly up at the dragonborn that he had just healed confused by their babbling words. He hopes that in performing this one healing, he might have opportunity to heal more. He finds himself confused by the trees attempt at communication with him, and instead points at the formerly injured dragonborn's foot then at his own hands. Gordon Then holds his hands out palms up first at the heeled dragonborn and then at the well one.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:31 am

The dragonborn nods warily, before barking something at the newly healed individual, and gesturing for Gordon and Zokk to follow.

You're led a few minutes to a tent that has two injured dragonborn. They aren't near death or anything, but have bandages covering wounds. One has an injured leg, and seems to be sitting and carving at something as they rest, while the other is just napping.

The dragonborn guide speaks to them, and gestures at Gordon, waving the little gnome forward.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:29 am

Gordon moves forward gently and does the same thing, applying divine healing (lay on hands) as he did before. (By adding 1 HP at a time until healed)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:43 am

They seem reluctant to let a strange gnome touch them, but relent when the other dragonborn says something to them. You expend 10 HP healing them back up to full, and they seem very grateful.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm

((Unless there is anything else Gordon wants to accomplish, or other things the rest of you wish to address, we can move on towards the party once evening hits?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13874

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:27 pm

((Yeah, Ulmwin seems pretty ready for that. He's also been watching the orc through this all to check on the color changing, but that'd be about it. He'd tell the others about the tree if they want to know why he's giant.))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:17 pm

Randy does a double take when he sees Renny and Ulmwin. After Ulmwin's explanation, he scowls at the giant gnome. "Do you have a death wish or something? First the portal and now this! Renny at least has an excuse. What's yours?" He shakes his head. "We can ask Kreldoran about it in a bit. Maybe it'll wear off in the morning."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:38 pm

"Hurm.", Renny agrees in an admonishing tone.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13874

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:51 pm

"Well, would you have suggested we leave it be completely, not investigate? I had help close by- And I wasn't going to have Renny eat some in my stead!"

"besides, once I get used to it,maybe I'll be faster..? Though I'm hopeful it'll wear off in time, I admit."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:16 pm

"I probably would have asked Kreldoran to take a look at it before using myself as an expirament." Randy growls. "He IS a wizard and probably could tell you what it would do to you."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:21 pm

"Hurr... hurm.", Renny says, considering their opposing arguments.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Randy looks at Renny in some surprise. "Renny, are you understanding what we're saying?"

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 321

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Once Gordon is done healing the dragonborn, the treefolk walks back to the tower to see the others.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13874

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:54 am

"Oh yes, it seems he's been learning some - Seems like he's understanding common decently now, even if he can't speak it..."

"...Anyway, what makes you think I didn't do research myself? I might not be on Kreldoran's level, obviously, but between me and Coljin we had some means to check out the berries! I suppose part of me wanted to rush because it seems the magic fades if you wait too long..."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:17 am

"And just exactly what did your research show?" Randy fixes Ulmwin with a look.

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 9136
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:08 am

Once finished healing the dragonborn Gordon smiles warmly at them and walks back to the tower

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13874

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:59 am

"Well... It showed that it shouldn't be poison, at least not poison from a non magical means. And their magic fades after... Maybe fifteen minutes. And at least one of the effects makes you giant."

He is clearly a great scientist.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 7212
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:46 am

Randy sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose with a pained expression on his face.
"I swear Ulmwin, if you do something that gets you turned to stone, I'm going to paint your hat red, your clothes blue, and then park you in a garden to scare off pests while I'm looking for a cure."
He looks up at them with a strained expression.
" I don't think Holger and Tess will be coming with us to Easton. Holger's magic is still out of control, so I heard he's staying here so Kreldoran can help him with it. And where Holger is, that's where Tess is going to be. Maybe they'll catch up with us, maybe not. So we need to be more careful now. We won't have the same resources available to get us out of trouble. We'll be taking Gordon with us, so I need both you and Coljin to be working with him on his common. We're not likely to have access to communications magic again. And from what I've seen today, he might be a hand full, particularly if he doesn't speak the language well and isn't familiar with current customs. In short, I'm going to need you to stay healthy so that the rest of the party can stay healthy." He gives a weak smile.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:48 am

Renny puts a hand on each of your shoulders, no longer needing to crouch to reach Ulmwin. "Hurr."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Is Heard Often
Posts: 321

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:20 am

(When does Zokk and Gordon see thier new giant friend?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 20313

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 am

((Whenever you get back to the tower, so feel free to jump in... although, Zokk hasn't been in the tower yet? So might not know how to get in? Someone can be on hand to tell you to touch the orb.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply