The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13072

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:19 pm

((Ulmwin noticing anything in particular from his position? If things look like they've cleared up, he's gonna be heading in the direction of the inn as well.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16709
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:03 pm

((Does Nem perceive anything from her hiding place? I'm not sure what timeline she's on... :) ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:01 pm

"I'm in a hurry bud, it's down by the harbor.", the gnome nods his head in a generally southwest direction while hurrying on his way.

"Private dining area? Sure, I suppose you'll be wanting the turn down service and the private bath as well? Haaahaaa! In case you didn't see the sign, you're in the Lame Goat, not the King's Respite!"

"I've got rooms at the moment though, how many you looking to sleep? Might want to move on them now though, before they fill up."

About what Ulmwin can tell is that it hasn't come to blows between Maji, Holger and the guards.

Tess/Ily aren't noticing much of anything, other than Ily noticing that the rat went through the second grate upstream. You're on a quieter side alley.

((Holger and Maji are the farthest behind as far as timeline, and Ulmwin because he's with them. Tess is somewhat in limbo since she's close, but no one has cause to come searching the side alleys just yet.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13072

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Ulmwin will wait until he's sure everything has moved on peacefully, at least. If things do come to blows he might want to go help out...

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 pm

"We'll be needing accommodations for 7 total. And if you don't have a separate area, we'll make do with a quiet corner or just meet in the rooms."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2233
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Coljin just moves away, unsure where every one else has gone.
He decided, Lame Goat it is and begins walking towards the water. Once several blocks from the disturbance of Holger he will ask some older looking, non threatening citizen to point him in the right direction of the tavern.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:03 am

"Thanks."

Dornikal looks to the southwest and if it the same direction the water is flowing he will go that way looking for the harbor and if he is lucky the inn. He won't cross the bridge as that just seems wrong?

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7335

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 am

Holger looks surprised as Maji jump up in his arms. He smiles however as he lifts Maji towards his shoulders instead.

"I don't see a problem with that. I would likely go by there sooner or later regarding the missing apprentice anyways. As for Maji, I certainly hope he'll see the sense not causing more trouble."

Seeing the nervous glares at the staff, He'll have the mage hand give the staff to him and make it return the gems in into his backpack as he starts moving towards the guards for the escort.

"Don't worry, it's mostly for show. The staff won't do more than you've seen thus far nor will I unless a monster decides to roam too close to the city. Speaking of magic, I thought people here would be more used to it, given there's a small branch of a wizard guild in this city."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16709
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:51 am

((I'll wait for Holger/maji's thing to resolve then. No rush, just making sure I want missing something :) ))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 am

Maji gives a light hiss as Holger tries to grab him. His claws dig a bot into Holger's arm, not wanting to move from his spot. His tail twitches in annoyance as he's put on Holger's shoulders.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:01 am

Ulmwin stays put... things seem to be relatively quiet... if Holger and Maji were throwing down with the guards, he'd expect a lot more noise.

The tavern keeper plunks a dark ale in front of Randy, a bit of foam slopping over the side to pool against its base.

"Seven, huh?"

You get the impression she doesn't often have large groups all that often.

"I've got a couple doubles and a triple, or if you're wanting that privacy all together, the common bunk fits ten... I've already got two folks staying there, but if you were wanting to pay for all ten spots, and a bit more to relocate those two, you could have that to yourselves."

((Coljin, give me an Insight and a Persuasion check please?))

Dornikal wanders west and south, following the river as it flows to the sea, and winding his way around, looking for the proper street. He receives his share of scowls and cold looks, but no one is outright hostile. The sun is getting low in the sky, and it shining across the endless expanse of sea is pretty impressive, but not the first time he's seen a similar sight, having traversed the eastern coast. First sunset over the water though...

((You'll eventually find your way to the Lame Goat in time.))

"Missing apprentice? You a bounty hunter or something?"

"Those Serenity wizards know not to go about scaring honest folks with magics."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 am

Randy thinks a bit. "Probably better go with the two doubles and the triple then."
(( Putting Maj and Holger in the same room seems a bad idea.... :P ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

"Sounds good dear. You paying for the three days up front, or you needing to wait for them to get here? If you're paying for three days in advance, I'll knock a bit off the day to day rate."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 am

"Aye, I'll pay up front for the rooms. They'll probably be hungry as well, but I figure they can buy their own supper. Speaking of which, what do you have?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 am

"Alright, three silver a night for seven of you would be twenty-one, three days would put you to sixty-three silver. Since you're paying up front, I'll call that sixty, and I'll throw in that ale and your dinner. Like you say, if their hungry when they get here, they can buy their own."

She points above the bar to a chalkboard that has the dinner menu written in a steady hand.
  • Boiled Eggs and Turnips with Bread (4 cp)
  • Salted Shark and Soft Cheese (5 cp)
  • Pickled Veal and Bitter Cheese (4 cp)
  • Vegetable Stew (3 cp)
  • Roasted Sausage (spicy) and Cashew Bread (6 cp)
  • Roasted, Stewed or Smoked Mutton with Almond Bread and Sharp or Blue Cheese (6 cp)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:05 am

When Dornikal makes it to the inn he will look around the common room for someone familiar before heading to the bar.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7335

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:46 am

Holger glares at Maji as he struggles but ignores it otherwise.

"Right, are we sure they even know what's outside of their spellbooks?"

Holger smiles as he tries to gauge their reaction to his joke regarding the wizards here and whether or not they ease up in general.

"No I'm not a bounty hunter, this is leaning more towards a rescue mission if anything. But I guess I could dabble into the business if you want a bit of magical support in capturing someone within the city.

Holger insight: 1d20+3 = [18] = 21
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am

"Done and done." Randy pays the agreed upon amount and orders the sausage dinner. He then finds a place where he can watch the door.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2233
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:17 pm

From their reception of it, you're not even sure they knew it was a joke.

"Bounty hunters cause more trouble than their worth. C'mon."

They begin leading you to the south, one squad in front of you and Maji, one squad behind.

Ulmwin, from your hiding spot, you hear the tromp of boots moving away and the street is quiet.

Coljin, you spot an old fellow just sitting on a bench puffing on his pipe and watching the world go by.

You approach, ask nicely, happen to casually mention you're a member of the clergy and get directions that brings you to a building with a carved and painted wooden goat hanging from a signpost above the door. At some point in the carving's history, one of the front legs was broken off, leaving it with only three whole ones. That must be the place.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2233
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Coljin will take a look around the street, see if any of the other party are around and if not, he will enter the establishment.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Randy, watching the door, waves. "Over here, Coljin!"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2233
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Coljin smiles and probably looks a bit relieved when he hears and sees Randerwaith.
He heads straight over to him.
"I lost everyone but Holger in the crowd, so I thought it best just to head here. I'm glad you thought the same way. I guess the only question now, is how long it will take everyone else to make the same decision."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Maji clings tightly to Holger's shoulder, hissing loudly at being surrounded by unknown humans.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Maji clings tightly to Holger's shoulder, hissing loudly at being surrounded by unknown humans.

Post Reply