The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16709
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Even with all the signaling she's doing? :lol: ah well, she'll just need to be more careful with her purse in future.

Nem heads towards the sort-of-safe house.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:49 pm

((Dornikal has the bag, and his coin pouch still? He has two pouches, one with coins and one with his sacred emerald. The latter being in a place close to his heart.))

Dornikal wonders what he has gotten himself into as he flips up his cloak and slips away as well.

Stealth:1d20+3 = [19] = 22
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:05 pm

((Can you guys specify rolls you make, since peke-roller doesn't include that in the output?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 pm

((That was for stealth. Need to get used to the new roller.))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:39 pm

(( Poor Holgar! :lol: All Maj has to do is hang tight and play innocent kitty and act cute. The cops will probably decide the purple faced man is deranged and haul him off since he's being a public nuisance. ))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7335

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:47 pm

((Holger!! I'm not some forking dwarf from circle vale! I'm Holger Starwind! But I just need to punch the kitty once or twice to make it into a dragonborn so don't see a problem there, might even be cathartic for Holger :lol: ))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13072

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 pm

((That will definitely make the guard trust you :P

And wait, I could have gotten away with almost no gold loss?! :P ))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2233
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:55 pm

Coljin moves away from Holger heading towards the direction he saw other party members go.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 pm

((Tess went one way, Ulmwin and Randy another. Dornikal didn't specify, so may be going a third, and they all did it pretty stealthy like. Where do you want to be heading?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm

((If Dornikal didn't see the way Randy/Ulmwin/Tess went he would have continued in the direction of the harbor/inn.

Perception: 1d20+4 = [8] = 12

I think that means he saw Tess, and she probably just barely saw him sneaking behind her?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16709
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Nem's passive per is 14 I think, so yeah :)

Nem curses again when she sees Dornikal following her and forgets whatever plan she had to use a safehouse. Instead, she trusts to the fact they've all split up as she weaves her way through the alley and tries to find somewhere to hide a dwarf who's caring an armory.

If there's a suitable dead end anywhere, she'll drag him into it and cast minor illusion around him to hide them from view.

((I think squeezing rules might let us both squash into one space, but I might be wrong...))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Theis2 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:47 pm
((Holger!! I'm not some forking dwarf from circle vale! I'm Holger Starwind! But I just need to punch the kitty once or twice to make it into a dragonborn so don't see a problem there, might even be cathartic for Holger :lol: ))
(( Sorry about the typo! :chuckle: Yeah, I don't see punching defenseless kitties as being something that's going to change the guards' mind about being deranged. Just that you might also be dangerous and unpredictable. Which sounds like a good way to get whipped on by a couple of big, burly guys in armor with truncheons! ))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13072

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:47 pm

((I can see Holger getting jailed cuz he can't keep his ego down to be honest :P ))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:53 pm

((Dornikal's sneaking was a 22, so he would beat Tess's passive perception. I was just thinking she had a 22 for the earlier perception, right? Kind of depends on the timeline of when sneaking and listening happened!

Depending on how that pans out he will either follow her to where she is heading (safehouse) and make himself known or mention he has a magic bag he can use to hide himself/the armory if needed while they are running around.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Yeah, so you pretty much all scatter like roaches, and aren't really able to keep tabs on one another. Randy and Ulmwin are slipping down the same alley, but they are doing it so well that Randy moves to a hiding spot will Ulmwin is ducked back, then Ulmwin moves up to where Randy just was and waits, Randy then moves, Ulmwin moves to where he just was again...

Tess dips down the alley and follows the cant sign that leads her to a small grate set into the base of the outer wall of a building. Peeking into it she sees a crawl space that goes ten feet in before turning to the left.

Dornikal, hearing the whistles coming from the direction of the harbor, reverses direction to circle around, finding a low alcove he could shelter in or keep moving.

In the chaos, Coljin lost track of where the others went, but not one for stealthing himself, opts the keep calm and distance himself from Holger and Maji, who are standing in the middle of the street, Maji's four paws captured in Holger's grasp as the dragon-cat begins to stir. It's at about that time that Holger can hear the tromp of boots approaching quickly, though the whistles have ceased.

((For those that dipped out, let me know if you're keeping moving, sheltering in place, etc.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6250
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Randy decides to keep moving, working his way to the next cross street and then proceeding on to look for The Lame Goat, figuring it's probably safer at this point meet up with the others there than to hang around and potentially get swept up by the guards.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16709
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Nem ducks into the safehouse.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7335

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Holger will refresh his detect magic, pull out 3 small gems and have them float above his staff, while waiting for Maji to awake. He'll use the mage hand to keep the staff upright while he holds the awake Maji.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm

((Randy, give me either an Investigation or Persuasion check, depending on whether you want to search it out on your own, or ask someone for directions.))

Tess feels about at the grate, quickly finding a catch that allows her to push the grate backwards into the crawl space. It was positioned such that it could be readily found by someone who knew it was there, or someone who is trained in such things to know what to look for. Once inside, she wedges a toe under the grate and nudges it back into place before crawling down and around the bend. The floor of the tunnel is slick, it probably serves as some sort of overflow for something, but it doesn't smell too bad. At the other end the ceiling raises a bit as it approaches another, larger grate, which a quick test reveals is solid, but before you have a chance to search for a latch, you notice that above, to your left a few blocks have been removed. A quick investigation reveals a small room, built between parts of the above foundation, and high enough above the tunnel that the floor seems plenty dry. A few rags lie near the entrance, presumably to wipe yourself clean, and there is enough room for a couple people to lie down. Your presence disturbs a rat that squeeks before scurrying away.

((The safehole has a 3 ft high ceiling, and is roughly 5 ft by 10 ft.))

Holger decides that if he's going to put on a show, he best look the part. He has the staff set up by the time Maji does wake.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16709
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Nem sighs and makes herself comfortable in the hidey-hole and scratches Ily's ears.

"How would you like to be a cat for a little bit?

We'll see if we can't figure that out when we get back to that Bag of Holding and my brazier... In the meantime, I guess you need to keep watch for me as a ferret. Be safe!"

Ily stealth / perception:
1d20+5 = [6] = 11
1d20+3 = [13] = 16

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 pm

((Are you wanting him to stay in the room with you, or go out to the alley? He'd be within the 100 ft range of your telepathic link.))

Ily seems noncommittal about being a cat, but you get the sense that he's willing if you want him to, as long as the scratching still happens.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16709
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Yeah, I'd like him to scoot to the grate. Nem will switch between him and her own senses for a while. She doesnt particularly want to get caught in here...

Saying that, since it is only a semi-safe spot, she's pondering what nasty, infectious diseases she knows of.

1d20+2 = [4] = 6

Meh. Probably a bit grim for her usual lighthearted tastes.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:44 pm

She feels like her skin is itching where it got damp when she crawled in here... it's probably nothing, right... but is it getting red? She can't tell in the dark...

The boots resolve themselves to be two squads of guardsmen approaching from slightly different directions. Each squad is made up of four guards wearing chain shirts, and conical helmets, carrying shields and spears. A bit more decorative trim at the edge of the helmet marks the leaders of each squad.

"Hold there! State your name and business here!", barks one of the squad leaders, a blond man.

They take in Holger and his... Holger-ness, the black cat dangling from his grasp by its legs, the floating staff being held by a glowing magical hand, and the gems orbiting the top of it. Spears are gripped and lowered, but not quite held in a threatening manner just yet.

The other leader chimes in, her tone gruff and businesslike. "We've reports of a witch-man what's been turning his cat into a dragon to scare kids! No funny business!"

((You don't pick up anything magical on these guys.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16660
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Maji looks around, not knowing what is going on. He looks at the officers. He looks at Holger questionaly and mews. He struggles in Holger's grasp, wanting to get his legs free. acrobatic [1d20+2] = 18+2 = 20

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Maji sees a bunch of upside down humans looking at him as they hold their spears... oh... it's him that's upside down, and Holger's got him by the paws...

((Opposed grapple it is, Holger, can you give me an Athletics check if you're trying to hold on to your 'witch's familiar'?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply