The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 am

((I guess it's too late to roll for that? I mean I'd have made the post to be cautious before if I had gotten around to actually posting :paranoia: ))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16079
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 am

Maji watches the kids and follows them.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7136

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 am

Should I mention the fact I got mage armor on as well? :lol:

Holger sighs and motion to Maji to follow as he goes back to the others to move towards the lame goat.

"Oh wonderful.. You had to pick the least reputable cat colour along with magic. Don't chase them, they might try to capture you in a barrel and beat you to death. I would even have made you the good guy if you followed my lead by having you creating magic berries since they were fighting over food.

I know our relationship is strained at best but we should still recognise each others strength. I respect your ability to track and interact with animals and trust you in that regard. But we are in my domain now so try follow my lead rather than oppose me every step of the way. Tess and Ulmwin can guide you as well. Keep the magic minor, flashy and preferably to one that doesn't affect the body in any weird ways. Transformation scares people for what prevents us from turning them into something else."



(look up "fastelavn" for that particular tradition :p))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am

((I went off everyone's passives, didn't get it posted before Dorni and Tess rolled for being suspicious, but they weren't able to top the rolls. How much were you keeping as your walking around money?))

((Maji, I'll take a Survival check from you if you'd like to ignore Holger's commands.))

You all start to hear distant whistles.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am

Hearing the whistles, Nem curses under her breath and moves to blend in with the fleeing crowd, choosing to distance herself from the party and chaos for the moment.

1d20+4 = [2] = 6

Crap.

Not seeing anywhere out of the way to go (I assume), she scans for a quiet alley or sidestreet to flee towards instead.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 am

((I'm not sure, to be honest. Are we sure it's not the bag where he kept his marbles :shifty:

But, he probably would have kept a small to decent sum on him, in case he'd saw a weapon he wants to buy, but maybe that kind of money would be stored in an inner pocket rather than on his belt? I'd say probably twenty gold, maybe more with your discretion. ))

Ulmwin curses. "Damn kids took my purse..!"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5813
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am

Randy's head jerks around at the whistles. He softly curses and does a fade....

Stealth: 1d20+5 = [13] = 18

https://youtu.be/gCTKTFDUAPQ :P
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 am

The crowd is gone at this point, Tess isn't able to duck out on the party easily.

Randy slips down a side alley to the right, moving silently.


((Tess, let me have a Perception check from you please.))

((Twenty gold is good with me. Also, you'd know that neither the boy or girl approached you. Whoever took your purse must have been someone else.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16079
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:26 am

Maji ignores Holger and goes to follow the kids. Surv [1d20+5] = 9+5 = 14

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:39 am


User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7136

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:46 am

"Hard way it is.."

Holger isn't about to let Maji run away alone and casts sleep on the cat running away. Explaining the situation without the one evidence is going to be more trouble than it's worth, especially now that everyone seems to abandon ship and leave Holger to deal with it alone.

Holger moves in to pick up the cat.

Holger sleep: 5d8 = [8, 6, 6, 5, 2] = 27

((Sorry Burns, you're going down with me! :lol:))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:55 am

((Holger and Maji, give me Initiative rolls to see who acts first.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5813
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am

Theis2 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:46 am


Holger isn't about to let Maji run away alone and casts sleep on the cat running away. Explaining the situation without the one evidence is going to be more trouble than it's worth, especially now that everyone seems to abandon ship and leave Holger to deal with it alone.
(( It would be hard to bail you two out of jail if we're in there with you ! :P ))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12535

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:21 am

Ulmwin, after cursing for just a second longer, decides he'd probably best disappear for a moment himself. He looks for an alley to slink away in, and in case he thinks guards are nearby, he's ready to use disguise self to take on a less assuming form...

1d20+3 = [16] = 19

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7136

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:22 am

Don't I get advantage/surprise round? :lol:

Holger is a bit distracted by the commotion of potential guards closing in on him.

Holger initiative: 1d20+3 = [7] = 10
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16079
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:24 am

Init [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3

(I don't mind. Keeps Maji out of trouble. :p)

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7136

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am

Seeing almost everyone (but Maji) is skulking away, he'll shoo Coljin and Dornikal away as he collects the cat. He'll keep a good hold of its legs so Maji won't scratch him when he wakes up. He'll whisper in a hushed voice when Maji starts moving again.

"Stay calm and stay here! "
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:33 am

Tess, you notice two things. First, that your purse is also gone, and second, you make out a thieves cant sign for a safehole, though it has a line that enters but doesn't cross through it. That indicates to you that there is a safehole nearby, but that it is known to at least some who are not 'of the life'. The indicated direction is down an alley behind you to the left.

((How much were you carrying as your walking around money?))

Ulmwin dips into the same alley as Randy.

As Maji crouches to spring after the kids, Holger unleashes a sleepy lethargy that causes the kitty to curl up with paw and tail over his face.

((No such thing as surprise round in 5e! Holger, roll me a d20 for me please. C'mon 1!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:47 am

((I don't know to be honest... Who's got the bag of holding, and could we use that to store gold in? Nem wasn't expecting a shopping trip at all, so probably would have kept all her money together in the BOH. Noone told her where they were going after all and they've been in the desert for weeks with very little to buy. Seems silly to carry a bunch of coins, though I appreciate that would bring its own issues... How much do you want to take? Don't suppose Ily noticed anyone take her stuff? :P )).

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7136

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 am

Close but no chaos!

Wild surge: 1d20 = [4] = 4
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 am

((I only want to take enough to make you guys care. Ily was probably sleeping in your scarves... Ulmwin coughed up 20 gold, would you rather roll for it?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7136

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 pm

((As I read it, it'll be 1 cp and a sneak attack to the pride ))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5813
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 pm

(( So I suppose I'd better ask. Since Randy the Paranoid Ranger was already watching for trouble, did they somehow manage to get his purse too, or did they go looking for an easier mark? ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15552
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:16 pm

((if they stole from the rogue I'm sure they'd hit the ranger :lol:

20 gold is fine, I'll do that too))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16203

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:31 pm

((They didn't know you were a rogue, and opted not to go after the more heavily armed and armored folks. I'm picturing Tess backing up to keep an eye on everyone else, and a hand reaching out for the shadows... :) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply