The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:44 am

(( Maybe Randy should learn to juggle his swords and knives. At least he'd have a legitimate excuse then. :P ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:19 pm

Nem breaks away from the group and approaches the old woman, looking with interest at her thread.

"What fine goods you have. I'm rather new in town - just arrived this morning after a long journey far east of here. Still, I wanted to visit family while I'm in town and pay my respects at this sad time."

(I.e. there's been a death in the family)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:15 pm

"I'm sorry to hear that dear, were you close? That's the first I've heard of this sad news. Perhaps I know some of your family, and can pay my respects too?"
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Nem casually turns in such a way as to expose the pommel of the dagger from it's hiding place in her clothes.

"A rather well-liked cousin I'm afraid. I believe he had some important friends from this part of the world, although I've never had the good luck to meet them myself. I was rather hoping I might be able to let them know his fate."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Her eyes go wide as she looks around. "To be sure, no one I knew.", she says quickly. "Was there something you wanted to buy miss? This lace would make a fine trim for your cuffs..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3482

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:15 am

Dornikal watches Tess' exchange with the cloth merchant briefly considering if he should get some replacement vestments before looking for any direction signs that would indicate the location of the crafting district. Failing that he looks for smoke to indicate if there is any smithing happening and where.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:59 am

"Ah, that's a shame. That lace is beautiful, but I fear it won't last long with me. I'll take some thread and needles though. I've got some garments that are in sore need of repair!

Thank you for your time."

Nem will overpay for the sewing things and head back to the party (assuming lace isn't code for something :lol: ))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:39 am

Randy looks curiously at the exchange between Tess and the merchant.

Insight: 1d20+5 = [19] = 24

Seeing the merchant's reaction, he realizes that more than the obvious has been communicated. He looks questioningly at Tess.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Dornikal doesn't pick up any smithing sounds, but he'd know from experience that humans are less fond of the scent of the forge and the ring of hammers than his dwarven brethren, so human cities tend to push smithies to the outskirts.

"A shame, a shame." The woman hurriedly pushes a few packets of needles and spools of thread into Tess's hands, taking whatever coin is offered and stuffing it into her purse. She keeps looking side to side.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Randy waits until he can talk without being overheard, then he quietly asks Tess, "What the spork did you tell that woman? She was scared to death..."
He's not looking directly at Tess, but instead scanning the area. The whole incident has put him on guard.
perception: 1d20+3 = [12] = 15

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Nem gives Randy a long look and then laughs a short laugh.

"Just asking after an old acquaintance. Nothing to worry about right now anyway. Not while there are gnomes and dwarves to look after." She teases.

She pats him on the back and heads off after the rest of the group, occasionally repeating the signal that she has a message to pass on.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5947
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Randy looks after her. " 'Nothing to worry about.' Riiiiiight." He looks despairingly towards the heavens, shakes his head and follows after her, trying to unobtrusively watch in all directions.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Randy notices the woman seems to be packing up her stall.

As you continue onward, past the market square, and turning onto some smaller streets, always trying to move towards the harbor, there is a commotion that catches your attention up ahead. It seems to be a pair of children dressed in rags tussling and fighting. The smaller girl has a hold of the larger boy by his hair, while he seems to be trying to take something from her.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Maji looks around to see if there are any other humans nearby the kids before going up to them. He bends down low so that he's closer to thier eye level, looking at them curiously. Not sure if they can read he speaks softly.

"Why....fight?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:53 pm

"Eeeek! A monster! Don't eat meh!", the girl shrieks.

"Shuddup, stupid, it's a dragonman!"

"I ain't stupid, your stupid!"

"You are!"

"Hey Mister, don't let your dragonman eat meh!", the girl calls towards the rest of the party.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Maji shakes his head, looking slightly amused. "Won't....eat. Won't... harm. Why...you...fight?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3482

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 am

Dornikal looks around for the pick pockets that usually come with the children playing the distraction.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7210

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 am

Holger will cast mage hand and have it wag it's finger at Maji as to saying "no". Holger will move up next to him

"Don't worry he's not going to eat anyone here. Maji why don't you give the kids some space? You are at least three times theirs size and getting down on all four like an animal doesn't make you less threathening.

So are you two siblings fighting over a toy or something else?"


Holger will keep an eye on the two kids to see what they were fighting over and make sure he knows where their potential grubby hands might go.

Holger perception: 1d20+1 = [11] = 12
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:01 am

((Dornikal, go ahead and make a Perception check?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3482

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 am

((Thought I posted it... It was a 9.

Found it 1d20+4 = [5] = 9 ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:58 am

Nem keeps a hand on the Anelo dagger and scans the crowd. Who do these kids belong to (if anyone) and how are people reacting to a band of mercenaries getting involved with 2 kids squabbling?

Either way, she'll wander discretely to the side, a little away from the party so she can keep a better view of what's going on.

Perception: 1d20+4 = [9] = 13
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16371
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 am

Maji glares at Holger, not listening to him. Instead of backing off, or doing anything like Holger says, he decides he should be less threatning. He turns into a black cat and sticks his tongue at Holger.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am

The two kids stand up, their fight paused as they are being confronted by the big dragonborn and the man with the purple face. There is half an apple in the little girl's hand. They are staring dumbfounded at the magic hand in front of them.

Dornikal and Tess get suspicious, but he is distracted by Maji and Holger's antics. Tess does notice a few people looking in their direction, most of them walking around the group, but another child is so busy watching the display of minor magics, that they very nearly runs right into Ulmwin.

Maji's body shifts into that of a cat, his snout retracting as his bones and scales rearrange into the furred proportions of a cat. A woman walking nearby screams and drops her basket of laundry to the ground. "Aaaaaaaaa! Witch! AAaaaaaaahhh!"

She runs screaming, and the street is filled with cries of surprise and hurried mutterings. Those that didn't see the change are quite confused, but are being swept up in the crowds fleeing from your position. The two kids take the chance in the commotion to dip and run, the street around you becoming quickly emptied.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12763

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 am

Ulmwin facepalms. Also makes sure to keep his pockets and purses checked at all times.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16676

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:20 am

Your belt pouch seems to be missing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply