The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6606

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Holger prepare himself for an extraordinary show of magical power, so much that he forgot to aim the fire bolt he used to charge up his magic.

Holger fire bolt (tide of chaos): 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [2, 4]+6 = 10
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11659

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Seeing Maji go down, Ulmwin is going to spend this turn dashing closer..!

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Ulmwin sprints towards the fallen druid, who for his part, continues pumping blood onto the thirsty sand.

Szartha mutters and extends his hands, a firebolt streaking past Korgal, spattering across rock between Holger and Tess.

Tren steps up, ready to fend off the orc leader should he reach the blue dragonborn.

Image
Image


Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji (Dying: F:1 S:0 )
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr <--------------<<
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8481
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:47 am

Zephyr crosses the ledge to stand beside dornikal, and attacks korgal while at the same time readying her shield to defend the sunburnt dwarf as needed.

Attack: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6


WTF
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:18 am

Zephyr runs up to the naked dwarf, swinging her blade at the orc, but catching a bit more of a glimpse of the tortured ruin of Dornikal's front, misplaces a step as nearly rolls an ankle on loose rock. Her arms flail as she fails to connect.
((Can you roll for your scabbard please?))
((Zephyr: Scabbard save: 1D20 = [7]+5 = 12>10
))
((Zephyr weathers the surge of pain as she draws her sword, and now benefits from its positive effect. Remind me if I forget Badge!))


Holger, distracted by the spectacle, looses his firebolt wide of the mark.

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji (Dying: F:1 S:0 )
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr ((Scabbard: +))
Holger
Coljin <--------------<<
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1106

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:22 am

((As I have doubtful internet the rest of the day, the visible guards are dead and Yertak probably isn't coming up))

The 'glancing' blow is enough to push Dornikal into the embrace of his god beyond his battered body's protests and he snarls,

"Dumathoin help meh grant death to this blasphemous, murderous fork."

Spearing Korgal raged: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [16, 14]+6 = 20


Spearing Korgal raged damage: 1D8+4+2+1D6+1 = [8]+4+2+[3]+1 = 18

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1209
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Coljin goes on to the next prisoner that looks alive but very hurt and heals again.

First level slot healing: 1D8+7 = [6]+7 = 13

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:31 pm

((I'll take a Medicine check from Coljin please, just to see if it tops your passive.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13613
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:51 pm

When it gets back to Nem, she'll repeat her previous action, moving another 15 feet east then hiding and crossbowing:

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
(probs not...)

Attack (light crossbow): 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
(maybe doesn't matter)

Attack (light crossbow): 1D8+2D6+2 = [2]+[5, 1]+2 = 10

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4908
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:49 pm

((I'll post Randy's actions as well.))
Randy advances another 30 ft. and noticing that Korgal is advancing up the ramp at the others, decides to spread his attention out a little and targets him in an effort to distract him.

long bow: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

long bow damage: 1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10

((Randy is apparently taking his grudge VERY seriously....))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Coljin, you run over to the dragonborn and steady him with some healing (I'll still take that check).

Yertak plants his blade in the ground before he pulls free a pair of javelins from his back and hurls them in rapid succession at Randy.

Yertak: Javelins at Randy: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [3, 10]+5 = 8
1D6+3 = [5]+3 = MISS
2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [13, 11]+5 = 16
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4


As the second javelin finds the ranger's flesh, the orc bellows a challenge.
► Show Spoiler
At the head of the trail, Korgal bellows in response.
► Show Spoiler
He pulls back his greataxe, levering another mighty swing at the burnt dwarf, but Zephyr interposes her shield, deflecting the blade down into the sand.

Korgal: Commanded Strike at Dornikal: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [1, 1]+6 = 7
1D12+4+1D8 = [3]+4+[1] = MISS


Dornikal, having narrowly avoided the blow, returns the favor by thrusting the spear into the stomach of the orc war chief. As the blade hits, there is a surge of bright emerald light that bursts for, eliciting a snarl of rage from the orc.

Galt exhales and steadies the blade before him before whipping it back and thrusting forward, timed to the movements of the big orc, managing to find his way through to flesh.

Galt: Shortsword at Korgal: 2D20.LOW(1)+7 = [11, 15]+7 = 18
1D6+5 = [6]+5 = 11


The orc war chief looks pretty hardy still, but he's overswinging, his axe only serving to cleave gouges in the trail.

Korgal: Greataxe at Dornikal: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D12+4+1D8 = [8]+4+[7] = MISS


... until he finally manages to connect with a staggering blow that slices deep across the chest of Dornikal, dashing the dwarf to the rocks.

Korgal: Greataxe at Dornikal: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D12+4+1D8 = [9]+4+[5] = 18

Korgal: Greataxe at Dornikal (Crit): 1D12+1D8 = [2]+[4] = 6


((Total damage = 18 + 6 = 24 >> 12))

The female orc runs part way up the trail before looking between the two others and grips a necklace while muttering and moving her hand about.

Randy moves up and fires on the brother of his foe, punching an arrow through the orc's hip.

Tess does likewise, though her brief scurry to the east doesn't go unnoticed, she still manages to put a bolt in the back shoulder of the orc chief. He still seems pretty hardy...


Image


(Coljin, your check still might tell you something, though it is now clear that Dornikal is the worst off of the prisoners.))


Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin <--------------<<
Maji (Dying: F:1 S:0 )
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr ((Scabbard: +))
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal (Dying: F:0 S:0)
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11659

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:30 am

Ulmwin will... Sprint closer again this turn as well. 6 up, 4 right.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:37 am

Ulmwin sprints towards the downed druid, who for his part manages to bleed slightly less.

Szartha, blocked from a clear shot at the other two, turns and looses a fire bolt at Yertak, managing to clip him from behind.

Szartha: Firebolt at Yertak: 2D20.LOW(1)+5 = [19, 15]+5 = 20
2D10 = [3, 4] = 7


Seeing Dornikal go down, and Szartha standing a bit more steady with Coljin's healing, Tren turns to face Korgal, should he make it through the line.

Image

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji (Dying: F:1 S:1 )
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr ((Scabbard: +)) <--------------<<
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal (Dying: F:0 S:0)
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6606

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:04 am

Holger moves diagonally down and left as he seems to have forgotten that he wanted to do that 6 seconds ago when the forum goblins ate his last post. He'll target the middle of the ramp with a sleep spell so he hopefully can affect a couple of orcs without risking an ally falls asleep. The magical energies build up will be send at special orcs first and non sleeping orcs second.

Holger sleep: 5D8 = [1, 8, 5, 7, 8] = 29
Holger wild surge: 1D100 = [66] = 66
Sudden electrocution: 4D10 = [8, 1, 6, 8] = 23
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:16 am

Theis2 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:04 am
Holger moves diagonally down and left as he seems to have forgotten that he wanted to do that 6 seconds ago when the forum goblins ate his last post.
((One space, or as far as your movement gets you in that direction? In addition to being difficult terrain, the way I've been handling the craggly rocks that are getting in the way here is to not allow diagonal movement, so it'll burn 20 ft to get to the space diagonal of your current position, but you can move south or west from there within your move, or you can move 3 in a straight line.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6606

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:36 am

2 west and one down then
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8481
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 am

Zephyr grimaces as she watches the sunburnt dwarf get chopped down and swings her sword again at the Orc.
sword: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7


:wall: :wall: why. Whyyyy!
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:50 am

Zephyr swings at the big orc, but he dismissively slaps her blade away with a mailed first, sneering at the haplessly ineffective tiefling.

Holger scrabbles forward and mutters his magic lullaby, but neither of the orcs are having any of it. The surge of magic within him bursts outward, lightning arcing to Korgal and his shaman from the wild mage's outstretched hand. ((Assuming you're sparing Tess.))

They are singed and cursing up a kitchen, but both still stand.

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji (Dying: F:1 S:1 )
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr ((Scabbard: +))
Holger
Coljin <--------------<<
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal (Dying: F:0 S:0)
Galt
Korgal
Orc Shaman
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6606

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:55 am

The smiley faces are dead? and not going to push my luck by shocking Tess now that I've finally convinced the others I'm not more cursed than them :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:58 am

((Red lined smiles are dead, yes. Korgal, Yertak and shaman are the three up currently.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6606

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 am

Does a wild surge trigger if I cast a warlock spell (cause fear) with a sorcerer spell slot? Because casting sleep against a boss monster seem pretty pointless.. If not then I guess I just used a spell to trigger a wild surge that happened to be beneficial and hoped someone would sleep anyways xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14463

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 am

((He's looking pretty battered, the party has been pounding on him (other than Zephyr), so there may have been a chance. The trigger is on sorcerer spells, so slot used doesn't matter, but where you learned the spell from does. If Cause Fear is something you got... elsewhere... it wouldn't trigger your surge.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13613
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 am

((Going out soon, so assuming Nem doesnt die before her turn:))

Nem ducks behind the rocks again, and shifts 5 feet east to hide again ((is she in cover?))

She lines up a shot on Korgal and shoots again.

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15


The shot goes wide

Attack (light crossbow): 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [5, 6]+4 = 10

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4908
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:36 am

(( My computer access is going to be spotty for the rest of the day, so I'll post now))

Randy advances another 30 feet and continues to target Korgal:

long bow: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

long bow damage: 1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10 :shock:

(( I think all Yertak did with that javelin was PO Randy. :chuckle: ))

► Show Spoiler


Edited: 6/25/18
Never mind. :roll: :chuckle:
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1209
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 am

Med check: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16


(Sorry, I rolled this not too long after you asked, and thought it posted. But did it on my phone and apparently I'm not proficient with my new phone yet . I also see it is Coljin's turn again, I will watch and post quickly, but I wanna see what the Medical check might give him before I post, Also, the spell that the shaman cast. Did it finish, or is she still casting?)
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply