The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4923
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:31 am

Randy turns his head to Maj.
► Show Spoiler
He turns back to the orc, plants the halberd like a flag pole, drops his sword and bow.
► Show Spoiler
He smirks towards the orc, hands spread out at his side at waist height. He is ready to dodge, but is trying to look arrogant and relaxed.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14938
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 am

Maji looks at Randy and nods. He will use a dodge action.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 am

Dornikal moves over to check on Talish... she has died in the night.

((Randy, roll me a Persuasion check please.))


Randerwaith <--------------<<
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4923
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 am

persuasion: 1d20+2 = [18] = 20

:chuckle: Randy knows how to talk smack!

User avatar
Rodgeir
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1122

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 am

Dornikal growls and angry curse on confirming Talish is gone.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 am

The orc laughs.
► Show Spoiler

Tess finishes cutting the dragonborn free, and moves over to the half orc. He seems a bit out of it, but is conscious and twitches away as she approaches.

Ulmwin (presumably) keeps holding his crossbow at the ready, as he listens to Randy flirt in a language he can't currently understand. If only he'd had time to cast his ritual!

Maji stops moving and stands ready to dodge any attacks headed his way.

Szartha stands unsteadily and limbers up his fingers, peering over to see if he can get a visual on the orc (he cannot).

Tren rests a trembling hand on Dornikal's shoulder as they stand over Talish's body, before hobbling a short distance away and returning with a fist sized rock. "Well Preacher, you want the dagger or the rock?"

((I'm assuming that Zephyr continues on towards Tess and the victims? Holger, give me another climb check with advantage assuming you keep climbing.))

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr <--------------<<
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1209
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:17 am

Coljin also continues to hustle towards the prisoners.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13630
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 am

Nem speaks in a low voice to the half-orc:

"Easy there, love. I'm a friend, I'm going to cut you free. I won't hurt you."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:42 am

He thrashes, but calms himself at your words. You notice that one eye is swollen shut, the other crusted closed with dried blood. The front of his body is a mass of criss crossing shallow slices, much like the others, with the exception of Dornikal.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1122

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Dornikal takes the rock with a nod and tries to help Tess calm the half-orc.

"It's alright Galt, she's here to help."

If his turn comes up he will continue to move to the top of the trail up past the side of the of entrance at his maximum dash/shuffle speed. A generous person would call it a stiff walk.

((Either way, two squares to the east. Also what is the range of this rock? 10/30?))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4923
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Randy mimes being struck to heart.
► Show Spoiler
He gives a lopsided grin.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6615

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 am

Holger keeps climbing and running to the others.

Holger athletics: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [3, 15]+2 = 17
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Zephyr hurries her way towards Tess and the naked, burnt and bloody prisoners.

Holger manages to make it to the top of the cliff and starts heading towards the others.

Coljin likewise scoots his way west across the top of the rock.

The orc considers before replying.
► Show Spoiler
The guard orc emerges from the mine, great axe held warily in front of him and mutters something to the larger orc, who grins.

Dornikal slowly shuffles his way towards Galt, rock in hand.

((Improvised weapon, 1d4 bludgeoning, 20/60))


Randerwaith <--------------<<
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13630
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Nem will spend her turn cutting the half-orc's hands free, all the while just talking to him, trying to reassure him (and partly herself) that it's going to be ok.

"All right, lovely, here we go... Hands first, then I'll get your feet. We've got a healer coming... Any minute now, they'll get here."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4923
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Randy warily watches the exchange between the two orcs, thinks a second, and reaches into his pocket and pulls out the red gem.
► Show Spoiler
He grins evilly, giving it a little toss in his palm.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 am

► Show Spoiler
The orcs eyes narrow as Randy casually flips the gem back and forth, sun glinting across its facets. He instinctively raises his shield an inch.

Tess cuts free the half-orc, who weakly grips her arm in thanks.

((Ulmwin and Maji waiting?))


Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji <--------------<<
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11668

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 am

Ulmwin casually falls asleep against the rock waits.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14938
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:46 am

Maji waits and he looks at Randy, motioning twords the cave.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1122

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 am

Darvikal will look towards Randy in concern as he moves before saying to Tess,

"Tess, would yer friend actually toss a fireball gem at the mouth of the cave? (without waiting for a response)
The animals are not far inside and it may hurt them...and us."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4923
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 am

(( Nothing like have a guy start juggling a live grenade in front of you to start you thinking about your life choices. >:D ))

Randy motions for Maj to wait still. He keeps his eyes locked on the orc's. His grin gets a little wider.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:33 am

Maji stays put for now.

The dragonborn, Szartha croaks as he hoarsely mutters a few arcane words, twisting his fingers painfully as he looks down over the edge of the bluff, ready for if the orcs reveal themselves.

The human female Tren grips the dagger and moves over to support the blue dragonborn.

Zephyr has nearly reached the rest of the party, she only has another 10 ft of difficult terrain before she reaches the top of the trail leading up from below. From her position, she's able to see just the edge of the orc's shield.

Holger and Coljin both clamber their way towards Tess and the prisoners as quickly as they can.

The orc barks out a short laugh.
► Show Spoiler
The guard orc looks back into the tunnel and whispers in the large orc's ear, but is waved off. At the distance and dim light of the tunnel, the three of you can make out other movement within, but can't tell who's there.


Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal <--------------<< ((Anything besides the warning?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1122

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:39 am

Dornikal keeps moving to the east (dash). He is aiming to stand in the square to the east of where Galt was in the last picture.

Edit- he will acknowledge Zephyr if she is visible to him.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:10 am

Dornikal makes it to the top of the trail heading downward, there is a red skinned devil woman climbing over some rocks 30 ft to the east of you.

Image
((Current layout, orcs are tucked into tunnel, Randy, Maji, and Ulmwin are a ways south of the entrance (beyond the throwing range of the gem, currently)).

Randerwaith <--------------<<
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13630
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:52 am

((how far away roughly is Randy? Is he within Messaging range?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14464

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:56 am

((He's just under 200 ft away from you. Maji is closer, but still nearly 135 ft.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply