The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue May 15, 2018 3:38 am

And Zephyr will attune to the new spear she found...because she needs something to throw.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14017
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 am

((So zephyr is keeping those weapons then, is she?))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8547
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue May 15, 2018 5:27 am

(Maybeeee. When there's fighting and killing to do, I'll use it, once things settle down, we'll figure it out.)
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5026
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue May 15, 2018 11:18 am

Randy tries his hand at opening the boxes before taking his turn at guard duty.

Dexterity: 1d20+2 = [1] = 3 :meh:

Apparently Randy's approach to opening the box is to try kicking it, which results in him nearly breaking his toe. Grumbling and limping, he climbs back on the rocks and spends the rest of his watch rubbing his foot.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14658

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 15, 2018 11:31 am

Ulmwin has a go at the boxes with his tinker kit, but however they are constructed doesn't leave any exposed hinges or joints, there is a seam at the top, but even when he manages to work a tool in there, it doesn't give a purchase useful for popping the top. By the time he turns in, it's clear that they are magically secured, potentially only releasing to a keyed touch or phrase.

Randy, seeing the gnome's struggles, attempts to see whether the application of a boot is the trick... it's not. The box topples over with a rattle, but the lid is still secure.

Zephyr spends time attuning to the spear, after carefully cleaning it, she moves through some forms, getting a feel for the weight of it.

((I apparently never transposed the specifics to my online resource, I'll have to try to find the paper version this evening.))

Holger slips the ring onto his finger and spends an hour studying and attuning.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6742

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:29 pm

If Holger shares guard duty with anyone, he'll take a walk around the perimeter to stay awake and see if he notices something off. At least that's the story he's going with.

He'll start with just thinking a response but if that doesn't work he'll whisper at the edge of the camp.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14658

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6742

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:48 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14658

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 15, 2018 12:54 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6742

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:10 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14658

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 15, 2018 1:19 pm

► Show Spoiler
[/quote]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6742

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:43 pm

► Show Spoiler
In any case, Holger will fiddle a bit with the boxes, hoping the ring itself is enough to bypass it.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14658

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 15, 2018 2:54 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5026
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue May 15, 2018 4:46 pm

((You're getting my curiosity bump itching now. I'll have to remember to come back here and look once we're well past this section...))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15089
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 15, 2018 7:36 pm

(Must be a good burns and not open the tempting boxes.)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14017
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 15, 2018 7:45 pm

If Nem notices Holger has a new ring, she'll mutter to him:

"It suits you. Was that from the tomb?"

Whatever he replies, she'll just use him as a pillow and take a nap.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6742

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:41 am

► Show Spoiler
Going to wait on Spider judgement on whether or not anyone notices the ring, but Holger will do his best to keep it a secret for now :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14017
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 am

((Sure. My counter argument would be that: Holger has already been acting pretty off, and in the hour spent attuning, there was no mention of hiding it :P ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14658

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 am

Tess, you may have noticed Holger spending an hour studying it, but must have put it away, as he's no longer wearing it.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5026
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed May 16, 2018 4:43 am

(( I would have to agree that Holger has been uncharacteristically quiet since the tomb and has been spending a lot of time communing with his new piece of bling. I'm pretty sure Randy has noticed the behavior, but just not commented on it. I suspect that if he's noticed the ring, he's just waiting to see what happens. I'll leave it to Spider to decide if Holger was too distracted with his toy to be good at concealing it or not. As for the weirdness, well, it wouldn't be the first time Holger has acted a bit... strang[er]. :P ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14017
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 16, 2018 4:48 am

((she'd still bring it up then if she saw it. Privately, and it of earshot of the others, but she's going to mention it.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14658

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 am

((If Holger was in the camp area, it'd be reasonable that others would have seen him in the process of attuning to it, how closely they paid attention... :shrug: In any event, now that he's done working on the ring or whatever he was working on, he seems to have put it away.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6742

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 am

Theis2 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 am
Holger won't worry too much about the boxes for now, he will however attune to the ring while keeping watch and keep a bit to himself during that time.

Holger perception: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8
I would have done it during my own watch so you guys were sleeping, didn't seem like that there was a double watch schedule so hoped that it would be a lonesome night watch :P
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15089
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:43 am
(( I would have to agree that Holger has been uncharacteristically quiet since the tomb and has been spending a lot of time communing with his new piece of bling. I'm pretty sure Randy has noticed the behavior, but just not commented on it. I suspect that if he's noticed the ring, he's just waiting to see what happens. I'll leave it to Spider to decide if Holger was too distracted with his toy to be good at concealing it or not. As for the weirdness, well, it wouldn't be the first time Holger has acted a bit... strang[er]. :P ))
(I agree, he's quiet as Maji! And he's never that quiet. Maji would most likely just keep an eye on him but says nothing until he starts actually doing anything harmful to the party (asides Holger himself))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6742

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:42 am
Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:43 am
(( I would have to agree that Holger has been uncharacteristically quiet since the tomb and has been spending a lot of time communing with his new piece of bling. I'm pretty sure Randy has noticed the behavior, but just not commented on it. I suspect that if he's noticed the ring, he's just waiting to see what happens. I'll leave it to Spider to decide if Holger was too distracted with his toy to be good at concealing it or not. As for the weirdness, well, it wouldn't be the first time Holger has acted a bit... strang[er]. :P ))
(I agree, he's quiet as Maji! And he's never that quiet. Maji would most likely just keep an eye on him but says nothing until he starts actually doing anything harmful to the party (asides Holger himself))
That might have more to do with the player than the character though :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply