The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 3:27 pm

((if someone's keeping watch with him, it might grant advantage? Then again, it might just offset the disadvantage from not having low light vision at night...))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14614
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Maji will watch with Randy.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm
1st watch for Randy: perception: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12

((I'm guessing that Randy can't claim advantage until we confirm it's either orcs or goblins?))
((Even if it were, favored enemy doesn't make them glow to your vision or anything, so no advantage on perception. ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 pm

(( :chuckle: Maybe not. But I was thinking that his hearing isn't affected by dark. He might not be able to see an ambush coming, but he might be able to hear something and it's general direction. Example: He might be familiar with any sneaky signaling between raiding party members like imitating a screech owl or some such. But then again, the line has to be drawn somewhere. The party isn't sure it's orcs or goblins and we can't use suspicion as the basis of a roll. Otherwise he'd become psychotically paranoid and suspect orcs and goblins all the time! :P ))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 11, 2018 4:45 am

Zephyr will take whatever turn of keeping watch that isn't currently open.

(Would it be possible to get some things identified prior to going to sleep? and then in the long rest also attune with some things potentially)
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1100
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 11, 2018 7:12 am

Coljin will take the last watch if needed, after he gets enough sleep to get spells back, but he knows due to being sick he is not going to be very effective.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 am

((The effect of sleeping in medium or heavy armor is that you get back only 1/4 of your Hit Die, rather than 1/2. So for a level 3 character, that means 0.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 11, 2018 7:30 am

(( Randy would take off his breast plate to sleep. Shouldn't take long to put back on in the event of emergency.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 11, 2018 7:33 am

((It takes 5 minutes to put on.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 11, 2018 7:34 am

((It would actually take 5 minutes, according to RAW. :P))

edit: ninja!

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 11, 2018 10:50 am

(( Okay, then. Still going to leave it off for the sleepy time. Randy's batteries are flat. :P Might have to think seriously about second classing to Monk soon. But... not until he's had his ability increase at 4th level. ))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am

About my question?
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

((I mean, it's up to Ulmwin. Mechanically, it'll take 10 mins per item, and the attunement takes an hour (short rest). IC, we haven't talked about the treasure you guys found at all, so might be worth bringing it up as Zephyr?))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 11, 2018 11:33 am

((Ulmwin hasn't taken any damage I don't think, so he'd be fine with identifying stuff as long as he has enough rest to recharge his spells))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 11, 2018 11:43 am

((As far as that goes, we haven't retried opening the big boxes we've been lugging around.))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Prior to settling in for the night, Zephyr approaches Ulmwin. "Could you identify these weapons I found?"
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 11, 2018 12:11 pm

((Oh, right, I completely forgot Ulmwin was gonna try his tinkering tools on those once we get out, after we got cart-napped. :P))

"Sure thing... I'd like to take a look at those boxes first, though- Just give me a moment..."

(What kind of roll would that be Spider?)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 11, 2018 12:14 pm

((what treasure and stuff DID we find back in the cave? I know zephyr took a couple of weapons and Holger took a ring (secretly), but I don't remember what else there was... On mobile too at the moment so can't check the sheet)).

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4546
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm

M0rtimer wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:11 pm
((Oh, right, I completely forgot Ulmwin was gonna try his tinkering tools on those once we get out, after we got cart-napped. :P))

"Sure thing... I'd like to take a look at those boxes first, though- Just give me a moment..."

(What kind of roll would that be Spider?)
((Sleight of Hand, I think. Seem to remember that being used for lock picking? Not sure what bonus Tinker's tools might give.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 11, 2018 12:30 pm

((don't forget your proficiency bonus if you have one))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1100
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 11, 2018 1:26 pm

And this is done before we head to sleep, so Coljin will do a prayer of guidance for you, add 1d4.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 11, 2018 1:39 pm

((Dex plus proficiency for use of your tools. You have Arcana proficiency yes? Make the roll at advantage of so.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 14, 2018 9:13 am

((So... Going to bed and leaving it till morning?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6383

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 am

Holger won't worry too much about the boxes for now, he will however attune to the ring while keeping watch and keep a bit to himself during that time.

Holger perception: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 am

Yeah, Ulmwin is ready to go sleep after he gives opening these boxes a try. Speaking of which.

opening boxes: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [2, 2]+4 = 6


... Can I take twenty..?

Post Reply