The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 am

((Ah, I thought I'd posted in last night in response to those questions, but it doesn't seem to have taken. It looks big enough for a cart or wagon, and looks excavated.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 am

How far are we from the campsite?

Reply to message "perhaps it would be a good idea for us to take turns keeping an eye on this place throughout the night?"
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 10, 2018 6:02 am

((Mile and a half?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 10, 2018 6:06 am

"Hold on... The place we just came from, it's a regular stop site, right?" Ulmwin asks, waiting to see if his statement gets any gears ticking before adding. "Would that mean those guys have been getting those people you mentioned from the stop site..?"

"I agree that we're not really ready for a fight... But maybe we ought to find a different place than the stop if they're gonna be back."

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 10, 2018 7:19 am

Zephyr will move slowly with the others back towards the campsite and along the way offer a suggestion. "Perhaps we could set up the campsite like normal, and instead set it up to a trap?" If these things have been kidnapping people, it's possible that they'll come to the campsite tonight, if we camped a little ways away from it, but still made it look like we were camping there, we might be able to surprise them."
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 7:26 am

(( :chuckle: Randy must either be justifiably suspicious by nature [probably] or he picked up some prescience with his brush with the All Mother. And, no, Spider hasn't told me anything ahead of time.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 7:45 am

((I think the corpses next to our cart tracks would make anyone suspicious to be fair :lol: ))

When they return to camp, Nem will tell the others what they found, regarding the two big guards, the big guy in plate, and the captives who may or may not be dead. Shell also recommend not lighting a fire tonight. In response to Zephyr:

"That's not a bad idea love, but we've got no cover except in these rocks. It would be a shame to leave the campsite only to be found in the open..."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 8:25 am

((Wrong game...))
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu May 10, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 8:31 am

" If these are orcs...." Randy has a certain hard glint in his eye that wasn't there before. He unconsciously rubs the scar on his cheek.
"They'll probably check on the campsite regardless of a fire or not. This is not a good place to put up for a siege. So...." He gives a grim smile.
"Let's give them what they expect. Build a low, slow fire in the circle and set up watch about 50 yards out where we can see what's happening, but they're not likely to accidently trip over us. I'll stuff some of my bags with sand and lay them up against the wall, just where the light is uncertain. There's a good chance they'll mistake it for someone wrapped in a blanket asleep. When they charge in screaming and yelling to scare their 'victim' , we can ease up within easy bow range under all their noise. When they discover they've been duped, they'll be confused for a few minutes. That's when we hit them and hit them hard. They'll be night blind from charging into the fire and unable to see us for a little bit. We might convince them to surrender, but don't count on it. With luck we can hurt them badly before they have a chance to come to grips with us. "
"Or," he shrugs," we give the wagon up as lost for now and retreat out of range."

((Reminder to the others: Randy's favored enemies are goblins and orcs. ))

@ Thinks: ((What? :? ))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 10, 2018 8:52 am

"If you've still have that one stone... Might even be able to take all of them out in one go, right?" Ulmwin suggests, seeming approving of the plan.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 9:50 am

"It probably could with a little luck. Of course, it would also alert anyone else within a couple of miles that something is up. We'll keep it in mind for a worst case scenario. I'm hoping to take out a patrol without alerting the rest of the raiding party. A little information on who and what we're up against would be nice."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 10:33 am

"Do we really want to do this tonight? Keeping watch and hoping for the best seems a better idea than trying to attract attention. You said it yourself Randy, we need to rest. Daylight might help us more than them anyway - they didn't seem to have any trouble seeing in the dark, but most of us can't."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 11:21 am

He nods an acknowledgement. "There is some benefit, but also some risk. It gives a patrol from them more of a chance to find our tracks or some other trace. At best it might put them on their guard, worst, they track us down and find us. We can try to eliminate our signs and then bed down somewhere off the trail far enough that they'd have to be trying to find us. If we can go undetected, we can set up for the next night at full strength."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 11:51 am

"Or just target them early tomorrow morning. They will know we're there soon enough anyway, unless you were planning to burgle the hideout? We are not a small or quiet group."

"Anyway, for now I think I will turn in and rest. Wake me when you would like me to take over the watch for a while."

Nem eats a goodberry and tries to find a comfortable bit of ground to lie on for the night that isn't too hard and rocky.

Survival: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Randy looks after Tess with a bemused expression on his face. He looks sidelong at Ulmwin. "I'm not going to win that argument, am I?"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Zephyr sleeps in her armor, with her gear within hands reach. She is restless, facing an impending attack.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 12:52 pm

(( So I guess Randy is first watch. I'm anticipating that we'll need to leave Coljin off the rotation. So who's second watch, third watch? ))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11265

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu May 10, 2018 1:02 pm

(Ulmwin wouldn't particularly care which watch he takes)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 pm

((I mean, Nem is happy to sleep somewhere else if that's the consensus, but it seems like six and two threes right now and she has no strong opinion. I don't object in any way to sleeping somewhere else :) Sleeping here could get us into a fight, but at least we have cover. Sleeping out of the camp could reduce the chances of an orc fight but we have no cover, and they can see in darkness as if it was daylight anyway. Not that Nem knows that for sure, but it seems reasonable since none of the cave guards had torches and didn't seem to mind.

I realise that her walking off was more abrupt than I intended tho- she would offer to help disguise our tracks first :D ))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 1:20 pm

(( :chuckle: No worries. I personally thought it was amusing. It gave the impression that Tess was exerting herself and was, politely, putting Randy in his place. It makes for an interesting dynamic. It may have also served the purpose of making sure that Randy remembers he's not free to go indulging any personal vendetta's. ))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8187
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Speaking of which, Zephyr will sleep somewhere outside of the circle by the fire. She's not keen on leaving herself open to attack. Perhaps 50 yards or so away from the standing rocks, perhaps a gully or slightly bushy area.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 2:00 pm

((certainly not secret vendettas he hasn't told anyone about :lol: ))

Nem will take a nap from her hipflask and turn in as best she can, ideally using Holger as a pillow since they don't have a comfy caravan with pillows and stuff to sleep in any more.

She dozes off, hoping that Bramble and Rusty haven't been eaten and that her nice pillows and throws are still in the cart and not covered in dead people juices.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13666

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 10, 2018 2:24 pm

((I'll take perception checks from those on watch, call out your order as you do please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12818
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Nem will go during the night sonetime since she has darkvision. Let's say watch 3.

If/when it's needed:

Perception: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4545
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm

1st watch for Randy: perception: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12

((I'm guessing that Randy can't claim advantage until we confirm it's either orcs or goblins?))

Post Reply