The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8647
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon May 07, 2018 6:46 am

Zephyr motions to the others and points toward the distant rocky formation and speaks in a low voice. "There seems to be a formation there in the distance, best be caution and quiet if we can."

Zephyr tests the wind to determine what direction it is traveling and then starts moving slowly towards the formation.

(Where is the font color button?)
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 07, 2018 7:03 am

The breeze is moving west to east... from your right to left as you approach. It's intermittent.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon May 07, 2018 7:06 am

Reclining in the sand, looking rather miserable, Cojlin will do a few prayers to Mielikki.
He ends his prayers by casting a guidance and then he uses his medical knowledge to try to figure out if what is afflicting him is a normal disease.
He is trying to figure out if a spell he can access, lessor restoration, will be able to help him.
Medicine check with disadvantage with guidance: 2D20.LOW(1)+6+1D4 = [16, 5]+6+[3] = 14

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6868

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:09 am

BadgeAddict wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:46 am
(Where is the font color button?)
(Right next to the font size saying normal)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 07, 2018 7:14 am

When Z points out the rocks, Nem will Message back:

"You both go ahead. I'll follow and stay out of sight."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 07, 2018 8:51 am

Coljin feels like it's not a disease, perhaps more of a toxin in his system... hopefully he's able to overcome it in time.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8647
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 am

Zephyr walks around until she is walking into the wind, in the hopes that any sound she makes is carried away from her instead of towards the camp.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 08, 2018 6:54 am

((Are Zephyr and Ulmwin moving stealthily as well?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 08, 2018 7:03 am

Ulmwin would try... Need a roll?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue May 08, 2018 7:15 am

((Please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 08, 2018 7:20 am


User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8647
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 am

(Would I have Advantage for trying to move against the wind to eliminate sound?)
Well it doesn't really matter with this shitty roll.

Stealth: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 09, 2018 11:00 am

Between Tess being sneaky and Ulmwin being gnome height, they make their way unnoticed, but Zephyr standing tall against the backdrop of sand and sky spooks a lizard on the hunt. It gives a wheezing hiss and scurries off, clattering rocks down a slope before it ducks into a burrow. You all freeze...

...when only silence greets you, you continue onward, looping around to the east of the rock formations, eventually ducking behind some rocky cover some distance to the southeast of the bulge of rock that hunches above the desert.

You're able to make out an arched entrance from this angle, with a pair of figures beside it.


Tess:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Nemeia will Message to Zephyr in an almost inaudible whisper:
"Two guards. Many bodies on the ground"

She'll keep away from the other two, hide in the rocks and wait. She is going to watch the bodies carefully to try and see if they're breathing at least, or hurt in any way.

Perception: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8647
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed May 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Zephyrs responds to the voice in her head "Orcs?!"
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 09, 2018 12:25 pm

"Could be, not sure. No cart."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 09, 2018 5:27 pm

From this distance, in the dark moonlit night, Tess can't make out much of anything about the bodies.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm

She will continue to lie still, waiting and watching in case anything else happens or the others decide to act.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm

((How long are you willing to wait?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 09, 2018 5:38 pm

((I'll wait for the others to post first, but probably not much more than 10 minutes or so.))

In the meantime, is the entryway large enough for a cart to get through? Does it look like a mine entrance (i.e. excavated) or is it more of a natural cave?

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 09, 2018 6:14 pm

"So what do we want to do..? Do we think we could take a battle in our current state..?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 09, 2018 6:58 pm

((Nem isn't with you guys so she's just going to wait and watch.

OOC, we'd have to kill them fast and quiet or we'll be in for a shitshow when whatever's in that cave gets alerted. We could try just walking up to the front door, but that seems like an even worse idea given the large numbers of (presumably) captive folk on the ground.

Zephyr and Nem both have thaumaturgy which might work as a distraction tho...

Spider- what's the terrain like here? And would Nem know what sorts of predators live out here from her life in the circus? Maybe something howly or growly?

Intelligence (nature): 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14
))

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8647
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 10, 2018 4:34 am

How far away are the three of us from whatever this place is?
What kind of natural barricades are in the area?

Zephyr hangs back and whispers to the others "Maybe we can draw them out."
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 10, 2018 4:48 am

((It's currently more rocky than sandy in this area, hard baked bare rock, with some amount of smaller rocks from boulders to pebbles. They most vocal predators Tess can think of that might be found around here would probably be a hyena or jackal. You're maybe 600 ft distant from the entrance, there are a few places you might be able to hide your approach behind. Zephyr would only be able to whisper to Ulmwin, Tess is not with you guys, and remote communication is initiated on her end.))

Tess, as you watch, a larger figure steps to the entrance, seemingly armored in plate, who appears to talk to one of the two entrance guards. They scurry up a path to the area above with the bodies, moving from one to the other before returning to the entrance where the large figure waits. After a brief, unheard conversation, the big figure steps back inside the entrance.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 10, 2018 5:15 am

Message: "This is too hot for tonight. We should go back."

((Is the entrance big enough for a cart?))

Nem will begin sneaking her way back to Ulmwin and Zephyr.

Post Reply