The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13100
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 pm

"Let's just... not touch it for now. Maybe Holger can tell how it works. He has a knack for chaotic magics after all..."

Since he's been quiet for a while, Nemeia checks if Holger is secretly stuck on the statue and secretly needs help but doesn't want to make a big deal out of it.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:45 pm

((His leg fell asleep, he toppled off, and Maji stole his spot once he'd reverted to dragonborn form.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6494

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 am

"I'm just efficient and gifted at using magic to its fullest extent. Besides this isn't chaotic at all, seems to be a very deliberate security system. There might have been used some magic to shape the stone around the gems, but It might not be reversible without knowing a stone shaping spell. A shatter spell might also do the trick unless the whole construct is magical."
Holger says the last part looking at Ulmwin, hoping that the bard actually have some useful magic up his sleeves. He'll silently pretend to be a dwarf and look at the snake statue for and weak points that might be used to break the gems free.

"You should cast your detect magic, Ulmwin. There might be two magical components to this statue, the obvious one is the central gem in the jaw that spits out magical energies.
Likely evocation magic. The gems in the eye socket might however be powered by divination magic, sensing where there are living creatures and is the reason the statue can target us in the first place. On another note, the platform with all the corpses might have a necromancy aura, I suspect it will animate the corpses on it if fully raised. Might be a good idea to get the carcasses removed from it before we take a proper look at how we can permanently disable it."


► Show Spoiler
Holger knowledge (architecture?): 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:37 am

"I could prepare detect magic, yeah... I'm not sure if it's worth it worth it to simply cast it, though- Not until after we've dealt with whatever might be down that pit, at least."

"...Do you think the eyes of the snake are literal, with how they were glowing..? If we cover them it won't be able to shoot?"

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:23 am

Frustrated to no end by the constant bickering of her greed driven comrades, Zephyr had finally had enough. Rising from her seated position, she stomps over to Coljin and puts out her hand. "Remember when you said I could borrow your mace." she says with a grin and a mad look in her eyes. "The time for destruction has come."

Assuming Coljin happily gives up the mace, she marches over to the snake statue, mace in one hand, shield in the other and tells those gathered around it. "Stand back if you don't want to get shot."

Her strategy is to wail on the statue with the mace, and bring the shield up quickly to cover the mouth after each hit so as to block as much or all of the damaging ray.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1146
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:01 am

"Yes, you can use it. But first let help me move these dead animals from the fountain. He is right, they probably will animate and cause us problems otherwise."

Coljin will try to rally others to help him drag the dead bodies from the fountain.

AFTER that is done, he will give up his mace to Zephyr.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:06 am

Ulmwin just sighs at destroying the gem, but will (reluctantly) help emptying the pit...

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:13 am

Zephyr agrees with coljins logic. "Perhaps it would be best to carry them into the alcoves and then seal them. And really, perhaps we should do that with all of the bodies. If we're dealing with a lich or some other undead lord, they may be able to bring these bodies back to life, which would be bad."
Zephyr helps not only carry the bodies out of the fountain, but then acts on her plan to drag all of the dead things into the open alcoves on the right side of the room.
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:33 am

Maji gets off of his perch and goes to help drag the animals to the other alcove. He looks solem while doing so, shaking his head ins disbelief.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4700
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 am

Randy groans to his feet and starts grabbing body parts to carry to the right side chambers. " Don't put them on the shelves. Just leave them on the floor. It's possible the acloves may also allow a spell caster to resurrect them."

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:35 am

"Well I was thinking we would close the alcoves once we're finished and then see about making the levers unusable, in order to seal them in a more permanent sense."
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:56 pm

((The alcoves have been closed off when Tess lowered the slabs, but she could re-open them, or someone else could try using skeletal bones to do so.))

A bunch of you pitch in, and with a bit of effort, manage to move the bodies out of the bowl and over to the right side of the room.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6494

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Did Holger figure out more about any weaknesses in the stone?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:31 pm

The fangs would be the weakest point, if they were busted out, the gem, if still intact, might be able to be removed, though it isn't clear if the enchantment is reliant on the statue, or would continue to function afterward.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:23 am

"Could someone open these alcoves so we can move the bodies into them and then close it again?"
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:36 am

Are there any skeletons nearby that Ulmwin could snag a hand off?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 am

Plenty.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:52 am

Ulmwin will do that then, trying to use it as a glove to pull the lever for the right alcoves.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:35 am

The bones aren't well articulated, but Ulmwin manages to collect a few and with them contacting the lever, and keeping his gnome flesh clear, he's able to pull the lever and the party begins piling the bodies in the alcoves.

((If Zephyr is gonna smash, give me a roll. I'll say you have advantage on hitting it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Once finished with the bodies, and the group clears out of the alcoves, Zephyr says "may as well close them again." and then collects the mace from coljin and heads towards the snake statue to get this over with.

Mace: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [18, 1]+5 = 23
Mace: 1D6 = [3] = 3 + 3 = 6
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm

A crack forms in it, and out fires a beam at Zephyr.

((Taking another swing? I'll take a DEX save too.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8285
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Does my swift shielding action help with the save?

Mace: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [14, 5]+5 = 19
Mace: 1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5
The Long Shot - A Star Wars Saga Edition Campaign.
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13941

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:03 pm

((If you do well enough, you'll take no damage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6494

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:58 am

I would have Holger stand in the way of Zephyr before she tries smashing it..

"Why not try to see if you can find a good way to break the teeth on the other statue instead? You could also check if there are more undeads in this cavern if you are this impatient."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4700
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:42 am

Randy sighs. He's pretty much done with the gems. He'll stay out of the way and investigate those sections of the cavern that are out of range of the gem fire.

investigation: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21 (( :shock: Whoa! Could this be a good thing, finally?))

Post Reply