The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14737
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:40 am

(What is that thing near Maji? Is it aggressive?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 am

((It's a dead mule or something, it hasn't moved at all.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 am

((Does Nem feel any change in the stone in her hand? Like vibrations or heat or anything?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 am

((No heat, perhaps a slight hum that is intensifying with the increase in brightness.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 am

((Is she able to try and pull it out and simultaneously throw it or is that too many actions?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:41 am

((It seems more firmly affixed than the 10 lb lifting strength of your mage hand can accomplish.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am

Damn. Ok, if she can't get it with her MH, she'll let go and leave it for later.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:01 am

((Moving at all?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 am

Not if nothing's happened.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 am

((Ok. Nothing other than glowing and humming. Did you have anything for Ily? Coljin's up then!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 am

((Nothing for Ily this round))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1145
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Crossbow attack: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18
xbow damage: 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7
Coljin will again shoot at the skeleton directly north of him.
He then will move east 10 feet and north 10 feet.

"I'm worried this fountain area turns dead things into zombies" he states to anyone who happens to hear.
Can he see anything else of interest in furthest dark corner once he moves?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Coljin: You fire a crossbow bolt into the skeleton on the other side of the "fountain area", scattering bone shards, but it's still on its feet.

((I'll take a Perception check at disadvantage.))

Image

Ulmwin <-------------------
Randerwaith
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin
Ily
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11387

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Ulmwin moves up to next the wall, hoping he can get vision there while hopefully putting himself out of the way from any ranged attacks, but able to strike back with any melee attacks.

He also wonders if zombies would be sentient enough to be hit with a suggestion spell...

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4697
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:45 pm

Randy will change to bow and engage the skeleton almost straight north of him.

long bow: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

long bow damage: 1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1145
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Coljin: It looks fairly similar to what is on the other side, with the gong and whatnot, but you can't really make things out.

Ulmwin: You scoot up next to the wall (let me know if you want different positioning).

((I'll take an Arcana check to see what effect you think suggestion might have on a zombie.))

The light from the ruby in the snake's mouth continues to grow, until it unleashes a bright hissing beam of purplish red energy in Tess's direction! ((DEX save for half damage, DC 12!))

Statue beam damage: fire, necrotic, radiant: 1D4 = [1] = 1
1D4 = [1] = 1
1D4 = [3] = 3


Image

Randerwaith: You lean out and get a good shot in on the skeleton, before ducking back behind the pillar(?).


The left most of the two skeletons both fire on Coljin, but both attacks clatter off the well-armored gnome.

Skeleton Shortbow: Coljin: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8


The third skeleton, Coljin sees step back and before the sound of a crashing gong echoes through the chamber and the skeleton moves across the dais to near other skeleton.

Image

Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Skeletons
Maji <-------------------
Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin
Ily
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4697
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:11 pm

((Yeah. Randy will continue to use the pillar for cover. He sees no reason to get used as a pin cushion.))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11387

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 pm


User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14737
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 pm

I think Maji can get one of the Northren skellies and attack it, but I am not sure. The movement seems correct but I think I am forgetting something.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1145
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Due to things in his way, will Coljin be able to move north or is fountain and dead mule a huge hindrance? and Did Coljin see the skeleton hit the gong, or did it go off with no one near it?

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6488

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Holger will shoot a fire bolt at the skeleton furthest to the left, pick up the torch and move towards the next brazier.

Holger fire bolt: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
Fire bolt damage: 1D10 = [6] = 6
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:16 pm

((Even if Coljin didn't see the skeleton do it, he could piece together that it sounded the gong. The "fountain" looks to be more difficult to navigate through than level floor.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13095
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Grumbling under her breath about cheap magic tricks hidden in statues, she did get out the way of the worst of the beam.

DEX save: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

((Is that 2 or 3 damage? I'm keeping track in a separate app, but this brings her total dam to 12 or 13.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13932

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 pm

((Only 1 radiant damage.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply