The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Maji: You shift back to the familiar form of a brown bear and chomp into the zombie in front of you, tearing out a massive chunk of torso. There seems to be no way that the zombie could stay on his feet, yet he does. You rear up, bringing a claw across his body, and this finishes the job, the zombie crumpling at your feet. You gallumph your way over to Randy to help him out.

Holger: Leaning out from behind your hiding place, you easily hit the nearest skeleton, its bony head turning to look at you as it clacks its jaws.

Tess: You slip up to the gong to check it out (Investigation check please), before retreating back down the along the wall.

Zephyr runs up and swings her longsword at the skeleton that Holger just shot, cursing in frustration is her blade deflects off the bronze armor.

Zephyr: Attack: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

"There's another back here!", she warns the party.

Image

Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin <-------------------
Zombies
Ily
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12647
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Oh oops, I rolled perception but forgot to post it. Just take 2 off if you prefer investigation:

Perception: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:38 pm

((Eh, that low it doesn't really matter. ;) ))

Tess: You can make out a pattern winding back and for across the gong, it does look fairly snakey, but being right behind that skeleton that hasn't noticed you yet is making you want to get to where you're not cut off from the rest of the party. your caution is fighting against your greed and you back up away from the statue in case things break sideways.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14554
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:12 pm

(Phht. I like Maji's angry bear face)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12647
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm

(( :paranoia: yes... Cut off from the party.... THAT'S the worry...

Nah, she's totally going to mage-hand steal the ruby and is just backing up a bit in case cutlery starts going down :lol: ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:19 pm

((Thinks, Noted and edited. Glad you like Maji's new look Burns!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12647
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:39 pm

((yup, this is probably the worst plan ever...))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1072
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:45 am

Coljin will shoot at the skeleton directly north of him.
xbow attack: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7
After taking the shot he will move north 25 feet again.

Perception: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19 He takes a look, now that he is closer, as to what is going on with the 'fountain' area.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11131

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:55 am

Ulmwin stabs the zombie in front of him with his rapier.

Rapier attack: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4452

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 am

((I'll go ahead and put Randy's move in.))

Randy winds up PW again and takes another swing at the zombie in front of him.

R short sword: 1d20+4 = [18] = 22

R short sword damage: 1d6+2 = [6] = 8

PW: 1d8 = [1] = 1

Total: 9 damage.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 am

Coljin: You fire off a shot that misses the mark and clatters off stone in the distance as you hurry forward towards the bowl in the floor. It does somewhat resemble an empty fountain... at least, empty of water, though the gore and rot coated sides sloping down from the lip are littered with bodies. You can make out what look to be three humans, a couple dwarves, a couple orcs, a horse and a mule, which is slumped against the edge (abbreviated letters corresponding to identity on the map). They all appear to be well dead, wounds visible on many of them, the humanoid bodies are not wearing any arms or armor, having been stripped to underclothes.

The zombie batters at Randy, but isn't able to land a solid blow on the ranger.
Zombie Slam: Randy: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15

The other remaining zombie staggers to Ulmwin and rears back, bringing a fist down on the gnome, clobbering him in the shoulder.
Zombie Slam: Ulmwin: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Zombie Slam: Ulmwin: damage: 1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5

((Anything for Ily?))

Ulmwin: Your rapier singing in your hand, you thrust into the zombie in front of you, the blade piercing its torso. It looks down at the rapier as a gout of black liquid burbles out of its mouth, running down its chin and dripping across its chest and your blade. As you pull the rapier free, the shiny elven blade is flicked clean.

Randerwaith: Your shortsword slides easily through the softened bone of the zombie's skull, the planar energy vibrating and collapsing its cranium as it drops.

The skeleton to the left of the bowl/fountain thing moves closer to it and fires on Maji.

Skeleton: Shortbow attack on Maji: 1D20+1 = [19]+4 = 23
Skeleton: Shortbow attack on Maji: damage: 1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3-->1

The one Coljin fired on turns from Maji and shoots at the cleric.

Skeleton: Shortbow attack on Coljin: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8

The skeleton that Zephyr is facing off against drops its bow and pulls free its sword, hacking at her with the pitted bronze blade.
Skeleton: Shortsword attack on Zephyr: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Skeleton: Shortsword attack on Zephyr: damage: 1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3

This time, no arrow flies out of the darkness at Ulmwin... instead, there is a loud grinding of stone on stone from the right side of the room, and four slabs masterfully set into the walls rumble free and begin to rise... ((I'll take a Perception check from Ulmwin, and one at disadvantage from Holger.))

Image

Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Skeletons
Maji <-------------------
Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin
Zombies
Ily
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11131

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:04 am


User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6334

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:14 am

Holger sees what appears to be a cucumber and a triangular jar? He might very well be wrong though. He drops his torch and pull out a dagger ashe shoots the zombie with a fire bolt. The lack of distance really lets it hit with full power!

Holger perception: 2D20.LOW(1)+1 = [19, 12]+1 = 13
Holger fire bolt: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
Fire bolt damage: 1D10 = [10] = 10
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 am

Ulmwin:. You spot two motionless forms on the ground down the near revealed alcove it hallway; one appears to be a cat the other small dog like creature. They don't look to be in very fresh shape.

Holger: There is something in there, but it's not moving and your attention is focused on the zombie in front of you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12647
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am

Nemeia will give one last moment of consideration to whether she recognises the snake symbols and whether they might be good or bad news:
History check: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14554
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:32 am

Maji will attack the skelly that Zephyr is on. (I am not sure if I have disavantage on the attacks or not and I have to go to work, can you roll for me?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Maji: You pound over towards Zephyr, and take a good chomp out of her skeletal friend, sending it clattering to the ground in a pile of bones.

Maji Bear: Bite;Claw: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

Maji Bear: Bite: Damage: 1D8+4 = [7]+4 = 11

Holger: All three of you drop one torch and turn to face the zombies.

((To make a ranged attack at melee distance, it's at disadvantage... either that or you could back up and possibly take an opportunity attack. Let me know how you want that to have proceeded.))

Tess: The multiple sources of snake iconography remind you of something you'd heard... ((moving anywhere or doing anything else? Anything for Ily prior to the walls having gone up?))

Zephyr rushes to the nearest opened alcove and readies her sword.

((Ulmwin, slight addition, my range for your darkvision was a bit off, you also see a larger form than the cat and dog thing, but it would have been a Perception with disadvantage to make out what it is.))

Image


Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin <-------------------
Zombies
Ily
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14554
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Maji has rage so it's +2 to damage. Not that it matters :p

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Maji: You chomp so hard, bones shatter in your teeth and dust and shards rain to the sand around you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12647
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:37 pm

((Did wondering use up my whole turn? Damn, I thought that was free...))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:42 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:Tess: The multiple sources of snake iconography remind you of something you'd heard... ((moving anywhere or doing anything else? Anything for Ily prior to the walls having gone up?))
((Only if you want it to have... ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6334

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:48 am

I'll stick to melee, no reason to move when I only have 5% chance of missing :p

Holger fire bolt: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12647
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 am

((doh, I'm an idiot! Sorry!))

Welp, there's no reason not to grab what we can before the room fills with zombies I suppose...

I would like Nemeia to try and take the large ruby with her invisible mage hand, but, she's ready to drop it if the ruby is obviously dangerous (like it becomes super hot or something).

If something terrible happens, shell move South away from it. Otherwise she'll stay put.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11131

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:28 am

Here's the roll assuming I have disadvantage to see what the other thing was: Perception: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10

Gonna wait until the zombies turn to decide what I do...

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13542

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:33 am

Holger: All three of you drop one torch and turn to face the zombie...

... and blast it point blank, your firebolt shooting through its chest as it drops in a smoldering pile of desiccated flesh.

Tess: You reach out with your mage hand, and attempt to tug the ruby free... as you do so, both the eyes of the snake and the ruby in its mouth begin to glow red.

((I leave it to you to determine if that is obviously dangerous or something terrible... so you can move or not, your discretion.))

Ulmwin: There is something else back there, but you can't make out quite what.

Image

Ulmwin
Randerwaith
Skeletons
Maji
Holger
Tess
Zephyr
Coljin <-------------------
Ily
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply