The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 03, 2018 11:28 am

Randy looks that way, but obviously can't see anything. "We'd better damp our lights then. They may have a lookout on the rocks." He looks a little frustrated. "I won't be able to help much with the tracking once we do. <<Soto voice>>: Not that I've been much help to start with..."
He shakes his head and shuts his lantern down and stows it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Nem nods.

"It's also entirely possible that Bramble and Rusty just got bored and decided to find some water for themselves. I can scout ahead without being seen, and I'll Message if I find anything dangerous or important.

...I... have pretty good nightvision.

Wait here, I'll be back shortly."

Nem stealths towards the rock.

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

...and promptly startles a lizard or something.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Tess brags about her night vision shortly before tripping over a rock and sending up a clatter of rubble as she approaches the rock formation. It's not a stealthy approach, but as she gets closer, she notices yet another set of wagon tracks join the roadway again...

((Investigation check from Tess please))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu May 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Randy quirks an eyebrow at Tess's statement and gives her a slight grin and a barely preceptable nod. Nothing obvious.
He listens to the racket she makes in her attempt to sneak up to the rocks and visibly winces. He shakes his head and checks the edge on the halberd.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Investigation: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11

Well, it's better than the stealth roll I guess :lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu May 03, 2018 5:14 pm

BadgeAddict wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:13 am Starting to feel weary from carrying the box, Athletics: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
Zephyr pushes the box she is carrying towards Maji. "Could you hold this for a moment please." (Otherwise she'll put it on the ground) And tries to do some tracking of her own.

Tracking: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [19, 8]+3 = 22
Maji looks at the box, then back at Zephyr and gives her a dismissive snort. He crosses his hands looking annoyed and turns away from her, deliberatly not touching the box. Instead, he goes over to help Randy with his box, mostly to spite Zephyr.

He cocks his head slightly as Tess, looking at her curiously, but predictibly saying nothing on the matter.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Zephyr is pretty sure that it is their wagon that has veered off, the other heading onward to the rock formation.

Tess realizes that the new set of tracks is heading AWAY from the rocks, toward the south. Peeping closer, she realizes that the rock formation surrounds a ring of set stone... the well, and their scheduled waypoint for the night.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Nem will pull out her little bit of metal wire and cast Message at the party until someone answers:

"I found our campsite, but no wagons. It's all clear."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 04, 2018 4:45 am

(( I'm going to guess that since Tess has messaged Randy and Holger more often, they may be a bit more sensitive and probably easiest to reach.))
Randy cocks his head as if listening.
"Tess says that she found where we were going to camp at. No wagons. She doesn't see anything out of the ordinary. Let's go take a look." He shakes his water container. "Provided the well is in good shape, we should drink up and fill up before going on, regardless."
He nods thanks, to Maj for helping with the box.
"Maybe we should take another crack at opening these things while we're there. They're bloody heavy!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 am

You proceed onward as a cooler night breeze picks up, arriving at the well, enclosed by rock on three sides, open on the south. There is plenty of room for setting up a camp, it seems a likely place for other travelers to shelter and resupply on water.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 04, 2018 9:48 am

Coljin walks into the camp, looking for a smoother area of grass without any rocks and promptly plops down. Looking weary, he opens his pack and starts getting ready for a good rest.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 04, 2018 10:00 am

No grass, just sand. Smooth sand.

((What of the parties belongings are on the cart? Would you have taken camping stuff down with you?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 04, 2018 10:01 am

Zephyr plods into the camp and sets her box down with a huff.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 04, 2018 11:12 am

Randy trudges in, looks around and frowns. "On the one hand it's more defensible. On the other hand, it's easier to get boxed in here and our ability to watch out for ambushes is lower because of the walls. I'm half inclined to say drink up and then set up a position about 30 or 40 yards out where we can watch the entrance and see if anyone else pays a visit. Might not be as comfortable, but it might be safer."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 04, 2018 11:36 am

(Maji would most likely left the bundles of wood on the cart, but asides from that I don't think he put anything in there?)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 04, 2018 11:58 am

((Randy probably would have ditched his bedroll and tent, sickle, and probably the fishing gear (not many rivers in the dessert ;) ) . He would have left his dress robes in the wagon. Everything else should have been in his pack anyway. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 pm

((I leave it to honor system, anything you wouldn't have brought with you is not currently available... so no fishing for Randy. ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 04, 2018 12:16 pm

(Its okay Maji can fish for them. ...as a bear.)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 04, 2018 12:34 pm

((Feel free to try.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 04, 2018 2:56 pm

Nem would have left almost everything behind on the cart...

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 04, 2018 4:49 pm

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 pm ((I leave it to honor system, anything you wouldn't have brought with you is not currently available... so no fishing for Randy. ;) ))
(( There are ways.... :shifty: Did I ever mention that I used to teach wilderness survival and pioneering in scouts? o:) ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 04, 2018 4:55 pm

((It's mostly the lack of fish precluding you from fishing... :lol: not that catching anything is a necessary component to the attempt...))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri May 04, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri May 04, 2018 4:58 pm

((Ulmwin would probably have grabbed some minor rations from the cart just in case, but besides that would probably be out of luck too, yeah.))

"Part of me doesn't want to rest... Any moment we wait is one they get further away." Ulmwin grumbles,

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 pm

"I agree, but Coljin is hurt... It might be good to strike while they sleep if we can.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 04, 2018 9:09 pm

"A big problem is that we truly do need to rest. Holger may still have some spells, but I don't have the energy for any. Coljin is needing rest before he can do more AND is still ill from the gas. And I believe Ulmwin and Maj have both used up spells today. And let's face it, we've always used magic to level the playing field. Of the 3 of us who are fighters, one is sick. We mix it up with a well rested group of bandits or tribesmen of any size now, we're probably going to get whipped. And gods help us if there's a spell caster in the group of any worth. We don't want to stop and rest, but we probably NEED to."