The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:48 am

"Yeah, some down that way." He points to the South as his friend whispers to him, at which he stifles a chortle as they both grin down at Dornikal.

((Dornikal can give me a Perception check to see if you can overhear. If another of you would be right there when he's asking directions, you may too.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = [9] = 13

Dornikal wonders if he has some food on his face.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Randy casually wanders up behind Dornikal, looks at them and raises an eyebrow.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:51 pm

"Maybe ...... beard t... sink. Think .... float?"

As the well armed human moves up to stand next to the well armed dwarf, the two guards grow a more serious.

"Look, just stay out of trouble, yeah? There's gem cutters down in the Crafter's Quarter."

The pair of them move off, striding self importantly among the crowds.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 pm

"Before you gentlemen go, can you tell me if there's a temple of Obad-Hai in your city? If you do I should check in with my superiors and let them know where I am."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:39 pm

"Not here. Closest is two days north."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:20 pm

"I see. Well thank you for help gentlemen. Good day to you." He nods his head and tugs his hood to them before collecting Dornikal and ushering him over with the rest of the group.
"Don't wander off by yourself here, friend. These humans don't appear to have had a lot of contact with the other races. At best they may view you with suspicion or as a curiosity. At worst, they may look at you as a potential victim. And while I don't doubt you could hold your own against any one or two of them, there's a heck of lot more of them around than that."
He looks over at Coljin and Ulmwin. "You gnomes in particular are going to have to be careful. Neither of you is big enough to bluff yourselves out of a bad situation. Stay with the group as much as possible until we figure out who we can trust around here."
He looks over at Holger. "I figure you and I are going to be doing a lot of the leg work initially. You too, Tess. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use any of my contacts with the temple. Closest one is two days to the north."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:46 pm

((You may not be familiar with that particular temple, but you would have known it'd be a bit of along shot for there to be one in town. In all likelihood, the one to the is in some forested grove or the like. However, if Galistri is the nearest city, there are likely to be folks who have dealings with members of your order if their services are specifically requested, or they travel to town for supplies they aren't able to make or find on their own.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Nem watches the exchange with moderate interest then shrugs at Randy.

"We don't know that there'll even be any legwork, sweetheart."

Nem is more interested in looking for Thieves' marks as they walk, or anyone who looks to bear a family resemblance.

1d20+4 = [10] = 14

((Her fancy dagger was associated with a family to the east, right?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:19 pm

You don't notice anything in the middle of the open square, but you do recall the that the Anello Family was rumored to be based somewhere here in the west.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:37 pm

(( Randy basically meant that they wouldn't have immediate access to the temple and it's resources. As an acolyte, he could have gotten himself housing, food, medical care and probably the same for the others as long as they were about anything related to temple business...or at least at a discount.

Is Tess aware that Randy is carrying around a boot dagger with the Anello symbol? He scrounged it off of that bandit leader who jumped us on the way back from the first trip to the blight stronghold.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:34 am

((You sure? Think you may be misremembering, believe that was just a boot dagger.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:29 am

Holger will get up behind Randy and silently say/mime "It was funny" with a thumbs up and smiling. Once the guards are off he'll turn to Randy

"Randy you need to relax a little. The smaller members of our group can handle themselves, you don't need to treat them like your children or pets. I also disagree with who's more intimidating of them, Dornikal might stab you, but Coljin and Ulmwin might turn you and your family into newts if they so desire. At least common people will think so.
But let's not try to annoy any more authority figures in this city than necessary. You do know the guards are normal people who will talk amongst themselves of how you tried to threathen them over a joke that didn't even involve you? We're here temporarily and not trying to settle here permanently so fighting against all kinds of jokes won't benefits us nor last after we leave. If in doubt just nod and laugh with them okay?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:43 am

((yeah, Nem has the Anello dagger- she lifted it from the dead thief at the blight temple and has been keeping it close ever since. I don't know if there are others, but she certainly has one she wants to return it she can))

She'll follow the group, watching for marks or folk who might be worth talking to as they walk.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:47 am

Randy looks at Holger and raises an eyebrow. "Ah? You think? I will remind you that we're here because someone went missing in this 'safe' city. And all I did was politely ask the guards if the city had a temple of Obad-Hai here. If they drew a different conclusion, perhaps they felt that they were doing something that rated a reprimand? Not my business, regardless. As to the caution to our smaller members, that's just plain common sense. We're new here and don't know the good parts of town from the bad. And you're surely aware how opportunistic a criminal gang can be? Best not to take chances. If you don't look like a potential victim, you won't be one."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:50 am

((Tess, are you displaying any "looking for work" signs yourself?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 am

"Y'all are gonna make me worried at this rate..."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:08 am

Nem shakes her head.

"Randy... stop. It's a city. Some folk won't take too kindly to you here either. This is normal and we'll ALL be careful.

The missing human woman who we're looking for is the priority right now."

((No, but she'll adjust her clothing / equipment appropriately to convey that she has a message to pass on. The Anello dagger will remain secreted away))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:20 am

Tess curls her index finger around the end of her thumb and occasionally presses it to her lips as they walk. As the party crosses the open air market, she spots a older woman selling thread, needless, yarn and other such goods who glances in her direction while itching her earlobe.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:36 am

(( Don't expect Randy to settle down and relax too much. He's a ranger for a reason. Because of past experiences, he does have some PTSD traits. Those folks can't stand being in crowded unorganized environments. Not unless they have their squad to back them up and watch their back. The other two survivors of his village would be best, but the current group will do...but he's going to be jittery about it until the group has proven it can handle itself in an urban environment. And given the group's (not going to name names here :P ) record for finding trouble, I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. ;) ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:56 am

"Aye won't stab anyone and aye've been in cities bigger than this for the past five or six years trying to spread the word of Dumathoin. Aye'm used to not being warmly greeted."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 am

There certainly are city folk that are giving you odd looks, between the racial composition of your party, and your obviously well equipped nature, you stand out as outsiders, and are likely to be taken for a mercenary or adventuring band.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 am

(( :chuckle: Not necessarily a bad thing in terms of getting things done. But it might interfere with Holgar's, Ulmwin's, and Tess' plans to be a traveling troubadour group. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:11 am

((If the two walking armories stash some or their gear, and let Ulmwin make them those colorful bowties...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:36 am

((Maybe in a couple more levels, when we get ourselves that stronghold and hire a PR manager...))