The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:14 am

"Always polite to bring a gift, albeit small, to your hosts. A fine dwarven tradition!"

He goes looking for a shovel in his left inventory.

Once the shovel is procured and set out he will pull out one of the larger unworked gems and ask Kreldoran if he can loan his magnifying glass again as he examines it.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:31 am

Zokk starts to wander around the oasis. If they see any dragonborn they will rush to them, seemingly excited

Draconic
“Helloo drAAAgoon kin!”

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:53 am

Ulmwin hopefully finds Coljin in a rather swift fashion, explaining what happened concerning the fruits, and that they likely seem magical.

"You got healing magic if anything goes wrong, right? I think it might be worthwhile to try some, but it's best to be cautious..."

"...At least I don't think I'll turn blue. That's because Renny ate one of them directly I'm pretty sure."

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:22 am

Coljin nods, "Glad to help, and I have just the spell prepared to help, hang on. I'd like to cast it as a ritual, so it will take a few minutes, but Detect Poison and Disease is just the ticket here."

When they are ready for the spell he will ask Ulmwin to keep the others for bothering him for a bit while he does the ritual.
While he is quietly casting Ulmwin will hear mutterings and a scattering of words including, 'woodlands, pestilance, briars, venoms, Mieliiki, and knowledge.'

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:40 am

Gordon putters around the tower picking up and looking at random things.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Dornikal catches a busy Kreldoran as he comes running in for some equipment. "Ah, yes, sure, just be certain to put it back when you're done, that's a good lad.", he says distractedly, his brows deeply furrowed.

If Zokk moves out from the oasis, they'd see the line of tents along the rise. As they approach the tents excitedly, a few dragonborn cautiously move to meet them. Their draconic is a bit difficult to follow, but so is Zokk's at times. You are able to get the general idea of what they are saying, as long as you're paying attention.

"Is tree? Walking?"
"One of honored. I saw fight! Alone!"

The second dragonborn pantomimes a flurry of kicks and swings of the staff, obviously telling the story to the other of how Zokk stood up to a sand creature twice their height and many times their weight and whooped its gritty butt.

They grin and bow their heads to you, and welcome you as a hero.

Coljin is called in for a consult and gets a gentle pat on the head from a purple Renny ("Hurm, hurm!") before Ulmwin pulls the big orc to the side to let Coljin work.

((Ulmwin, I'm assuming you left detect magic up, in which case, you now notice that the flashing has settled down a bit, two of the fruit you're carrying holding a magic signature (transmutation on one, abjuration on the other), while the other five do not.))

As Coljin finishes his ritual, Ulmwin presents him with the five seemingly mundane fruit, and the two magical, but none come across as poisonous or containing disease.

((I mean, Renny planting them is obviously the more entertaining thing, but it's a good thing in retrospect that Renny didn't just dump the beans out, the beans explode if you do to deal 5d4 each and ignite flammable objects. Average of 62.5 damage if he didn't save, you guys would be scraping charred orc off the walls of Kreldoran's tower.))

((Gordon, give me an Arcana check and a History check please!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Zokk waves at the dragonborn, looking at their current dwellings, curious about the lives of the dragonborn.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:54 pm

((Gordon, are you leaving Griff with Zokk while you touch the wizards things?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 pm

Randy gives up and makes his way back to the tower.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 pm

"Hmm... It seems the magic has faded out of some of these - Just these two that have magic left in them. So I guess you can't wait too long after picking them for the magic to fade." Ulmwin states, and decides to finally experiment by taking a bite out of the non magic fruit... Assuming he does not instantly explode or anything, he'll hand two of the non magic ones to Renny.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:36 am

Dornikal carefully uses Kreldoran's tools to look at the jade but doesn't see anything to help him (rolled a 3 so no advantage on the int).

Once that is done he finds a nice, bright area and lets Dumathoin guide his hand while he pictures and cuts clean lines but with a bit of a swirl to catch and use the jade's minor flaws while fading into each other to increase their dazzle and create the appearance the two pieces are one.
((How much did the working of the big gems add to their base values? 100+the combined rolls?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:28 am

The fruit is unlike anything Ulmwin as tried before, but is amazingly delicious, perhaps the best fruit he's every tried. Renny promptly eats the two you give him, and smacks his lips and 'hurms' happily, his red face split in a big grin.

((Sure, I think so?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:38 am

((Would he have time to work another gem today or did that take until dinner time?))

Dornikal would ask Tren, Galt or Szartha as they walk by or eat together,

"Where's Zephyr? Aye haven't seen her yet. Surprised she wasn't out fighting the sand thing."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:45 am

"Ah, well, you know her. Got bored out of her mind after the first day without something specific to do."
"Eventually bugged Ol' K until he offered her a job out of the tower."
"I didn't catch all the particulars on what the job was, but she left in a hurry. Think she left you guys a note, though."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:15 am

Coljin lets them know the fruit is not poisonous and then he waits around while they eat it in case of other problems that could come up.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:16 am

They seem to be unaffected, other than seeming to enjoy the fruit!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:26 am

Dornikal will check her room for the letter and, if it is there, bring it to one of those that knew her better to read.

If there is time he start on another large gem, he will get the tourmaline and use Kreldoran's magnifying equipment again. He notices there are fine color gradations in each that he can accentuate and integrates them into the form most suited to show these, an emerald, an arrowhead and diamond cut.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 am

((I think that the jade would have taken you most of the day, but you can save the tourmaline for another day?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:56 am

Ulmwin shares a fruit with Coljin too of course! Smacking his own lips as he enjoys it a bit... Might need to get more later!

Though, now comes the matter of the actual magical fruits. He let's out a sigh as he wonders whether or not it is worthwhile, making sure to be a small distance of everyone else... And takes a bit out of the conjuration fruit.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:59 am

(Roll me a 1d4, please!)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:00 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:14 am

► Show Spoiler
Ulmwin starts expanding and growing, much to Renny's amusement and delight. "Hurr, hurr!"

All his gear grows with him, and Ulmwin, you are now a medium creature, and are 6'4" and weigh 304 lbs. Your walking speed is still 25 ft as you get used to your new body...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:31 am

(Yeah sorry I'm dumb/really tired.)

"...Well, this is something. I'm one of the talk folk now!" he starts, chuckling a bit before looking around and... Not seeming too happy after all.

"...Okay, this is disorienting. It'll... Probably wear off in a bit?" he says, indeed, the vertigo not making him as fast as this new form should make him.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:33 am

Coljin watches, his eyes going wide, "Does it hurt?" he asks with a bit of concern.
As he gets bigger and bigger Coljin's mouth gapes open in wonder. When he gets to his full 304 pounds and stops, Coljin states, then asks, "WOW, you are big. How do you feel? You are actually kinda chunky in human shape."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:52 am

"Nah doesn't hurt! It's weird to be so tall though... I'm afraid I'd just knock over everything!"