The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:51 am

((If you move towards the one in the top right, you should be able to get to ~50 ft.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:15 am

((Where is Nem in relation to the camp right now (as far as she's aware)))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am

((Also, who's in reach of Randy? And are they trying to set up a flanking position on him? ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:41 pm

((Tess met her friends somewhere to the NW of the well.))

((Randy could get in melee with 4 of the 5 on his turn with his 30 ft movement, and while none are close enough for him to tell if they are trying to flank him... there are 5 of them, if they all swarm him it's impossible for him not to be flanked, and with Maji, Dornikal and Galt all down, they are probably coming for him unless someone peels off to go deal with a gnome.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:53 pm

In that case, I'm gonna move closer to the top right one, and hit it with a vicious mockery.

"Oi ye bearded bastard, get that sand out of your beard and stop fighting like a sissy!" he yells, before turning to Randy- "Don't let these guys bother you, Randy!" (inspiring word)

(WIS save, DC 13- Otherwise it takes 1d4 damage and gets disadvantage on the next attack roll before end of turn)

Vicious mockery: 1D4 = [2] = 2

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:59 pm

The fellow raises a hand to scratch at his beard before he realizes he's doing it, his grin turning into a pout as a tear leaks from his right eye, cutting a path down his dusty cheek. It appears you've hurt his feelings.

Turn Order:
Ily
Robed men
Dornikal?? - status unknown
Ulmwin
Randy <---------------------
Zephyr
Tren
Coljin
Szartha
Holger
Tess
Galt?? - status unknown
Maji?? - status unknown

Renny - playing tarp fort
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:20 pm

Randy will go after Ulmwin's target, trying to put him between Randy and the others.

"Here, I'll trim that beard right up for you!"
Short sword attack: _: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
Short sword damage: 1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5
planar warrior: 1D8 = [4] = 4

Total: 9 force damage.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am

You reach out in that otherplanar sense, plucking his essence taut with the space between planes before releasing then tension with your flaming blade. He staggers back, a look of shock on his face that was lacking with either of the blows from Galt, he seems almost... nervous.

Tess:
► Show Spoiler
Turn Order:
Ily
Robed men
Ulmwin
Randy
Zephyr <---------------------
Tren
Coljin
Szartha
Holger
Tess
Galt?? - status unknown
Maji?? - status unknown

Renny - playing tarp fort
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:26 am

((NOT immune to force damage then. ))

Randy's nasty grin gets wider. " It hurts?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:19 am

Nem will lie still and cast Minor illusion over herself to look like she's just a pile of sand.

On his turn, she'll have Ily sneak back towards the camp a little way (no more than 100 feet) to see if he can get a better view of what's happening before she decides to act.

Stealth: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:05 am

Zephyr falls back to the wagon that Renny is in and slams her hand into the side of the wagon. "Renny, Bad men attack, Need help." she says in child-like speak, hoping that the words will get through his dense brain. She then aims at one of the dogs that are approaching from the east, firing off a fire bolt at it. (Not sure which one I can aim at)
Magic: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
Magic: 1D10 = [6] = 6

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:25 am

(From the pic it looks like you can get 4 in a fireball radius without hurting anybody and 5 if you don't mind casualties. And yes spider, we know Renny is our art :p)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am

We don't have access to fireball unless Szartha knows the spell, but I assume his spell list is more utility based to help his trading and traveling.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:51 am

Coljin is suspicious of the one one man disappearing and then all the others and the dogs appearing on the other side of the camp.
Growing up in the gnome village he has seen a lot of escapades done with illusions and now he is suspicious. He will do a quick cantrip for guidance and then try to disbelieve or see through illusions or whatever other tom-foolery is going on!

I'm not sure what I roll for that exactly. He will move 15 feet east, Not wanting to be too far out from the others.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 am

Randy has a one use fireball.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 am

(( I'm not really keen on repeating history with a TPK style fireball. I mean, if it looks like he and everyone around him is going to cack it anyway, sure, go out in a blaze of glory! But so far, these guys have been trying to capture, not kill. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 am

Zephyr slaps a hand where she'd thought she'd carved a 'Z' on the wagon, shouting for Renny as she points a hand over the mule's traces.

Renny: Init: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12

Renny pops his head out, squinting down at Zephyr. "Hurm?"

The tiefling releases the summoned energy, her fiery blast sending one of the small canines spinning to the sand with a yelp.

"Hurm? Hurrr hurrm.", Renny says, confidently. He ducks out from his tent fort, jumping to the sand with a long ladle clutched in his hand.

"HURRR, HRRUM, HJURRMR!!!!", he bellows as he sprints towards the oncoming swarm, who for their part, don't seem to have expected a fat, barechested large orc to pop out of the wagon and come running towards them.

Tren evaluates the ones rushing in from the east to be a bigger threat than the three in the west, hurrying back to the wagon and swinging up into the seat to fire at one of the men, but she's rushing, and doesn't take time to line up a sure shot.

Tren: Xbow: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Coljin prays to his goddess for guidance. ((It'll be an Investigation check next turn to try to determine if they are illusions.))

With the onrushing enemies approaching from the east, Szartha scrambles up onto the wagon, twirling up a firebolt of his own that cores one of the robed men, his scimitar spiraling ahead of him in the sand as he drops.

Szartha: Firebolt: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
2D10 = [8, 10] = 18

(("our art"?))

Turn Order:
Ily
Robed men
Ulmwin
Randy
Zephyr
Renny
Tren
Coljin
Szartha
Holger <---------------------
Tess
Galt?? - status unknown
Maji?? - status unknown
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 am

Holger will move towards the force coming from the east. Seeing potential in the area around the dog Zephyr killed, he'll concentrate on casting sleep centered on the dead dog.

Holger sleep: 5D8 = [5, 6, 5, 7, 2] = 25
Holger wild surge: 1D100 = [25] = 25

(Renny blocked the c in cart so it became art :P

Are you still working on the wild surge chart?)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 am

Holger moves east and casts sleep, a canine and a robed figure dropping to the ground. He feels an itching on his forehead, and as he raises a hand to it, almost pokes himself in a third eye that has appeared there. ((Holger now has tri-nocular vision! Still working on filling out the surge table, but that is the same on both. You have ADV on Perception checks for the next minute, which also means your Passive has gone up by +5.))

Somewhere in the desert, Tess gets even more sand-like, and Ily attempts to scoot stealthily to the east from where she seemed to vanish. To the robed figure, it likely looked very much like she turned herself into a ferret and is high-tailing it to the east. He crosses the back of the dune in pursuit.

"...no so fast, girl..."

((WIS save for Ily please!))

The three from the dune creep around the stonework to the west of the camp, moving closer to the wagons.

The north most of those approaching from the east scurries closer, his grinning, beareded face turned towards Tren as she sits down heavily on the wagon seat, sprawling across some barrels as the crossbow falls from her hands.
Another dashes to cover behind one of the mule teams, gripping a handful of harness.

A third approaches Szartha, who slumps for an instant before gathering himself. "Careful, they got Tren with something and tried to get me!"
The two nearest Renny take a moment to focus on the big orc, who "hurms" in confusion a moment before his legs buckle and he topples on his face. The two turn matching grins to one another and dart towards Holger, who with his fancy new vision, notices that they don't just look similar, they look identical.

((Something like this guy, but all with an identical grin...))
► Show Spoiler

"...you just had..."
"...to be trouble..."
"...didn't you..."
"...boy?..."

Four smiling men surround Randy, scimitars flashing as they make use of their superior numbers to try to get him off balance. The ranger is well armored, and though he tries to interpose his shield where he can't avoid the blow, two of the flashing blades carve into him, and blocking one scimitar left him open to a nasty slice from one of the others.

► Show Spoiler
The fifth approaches at a more measured pace, his smile not touching his eyes that glare at Randy with a fevered intensity. ((WIS save please!))

(("Renny is our cart" makes different, if not more sense.))

Turn Order:
Ily (WIS pending)
Robed men
Ulmwin <---------------------
Canines
Randy (Wis pending)
Zephyr
Renny?? - status unknown
Tren?? - status unknown
Coljin
Szartha
Holger (3rd eye - 10 rounds)
Tess
Galt?? - status unknown
Maji?? - status unknown
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:05 pm

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Tess catches a flash of irritation from Ily as he gets momentarily sleepy, then shrugs it off.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 pm

((phew. At least she knows he was seen I guess...))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Wisdom: 1d20+3 = [8] = 11

(( Yeah, I got a feeling it's nappy time for Randy now. ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:54 pm

((Fortunately not, but I hope you got a plan as you are last man standing there.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Randy gets sleepy, but not enough to drop, much to the irritation of the fifth guy to surround him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler