The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Ulmwin checks in himself- Though likely just browsing, he's already spent a good amount so far...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:17 pm

The interior of the shop is filled with all manner of fabrics, in a few places there are dummies wearing garments some completed, some still in process. The well dressed, tall thin man with a very thin mustache who is currently working on one of those garments turns and looks at the party as they walk in. He's one of those types who always looks like they just smelled something bad which only intensifies when he sees you.

"Yes, may I help you?"

Back at the Goat...

"Psst... You left a note to be woken before noon?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:26 pm

"Yes, aye was wondering if ye had some plain, brown robes that'd fit meh?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:40 pm

"Good day to you, sir. I am looking to obtain an additional set of clothing, and I wish to see if you can fulfill my requirements. I am looking for something that is more in line with the wear in the city, rather than the temple or the road. It needs to be tough enough for daily use, but is of a quality that would not be out of place at court. It needs to look good, but not flashy. My order does not go into frivolous bright colors. We do not demand attention, but we do demand our due respect. Darker colors are my preferred choice. I do not wish to make myself stand out to every pickpocket...and sometimes discretion requires being able to...fade from attention, if you understand my meaning." Randy gives the tailor a small smile. "Can you fill that order?"

((I.e. Randy wants something that is pragmatic but looks dressy enough for high society/official interactions, without necessarily making himself stand out. Particularly at night. ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Dornikal blinks at the thought Randy put into his clothes. He looks down at the mixed set of clothes he put together from what they found in the orc's cast offs. Giving the shop another quick look he shrugs mentally. New clothes can wait till Estmont, where they have solid Dwarven fashion.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:57 pm

Ulmwin decides that if he really wants new clothes, it can wait... His cloak has carried himself so far, he doesn't need to buy from a pompous fool

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Nem grumbles at being woken up early and buries her head in a pillow ((I guess noon isn't a long rest yet for her?))

She will tell Holger she returned the Anello dagger before he leaves tho (if he's leaving before her) but will skip the details of who she met and how.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:05 pm

((She needs a few more to be good.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:16 pm

((yeah then she'll grumble a lot and and kick Holger out if he's going. She'll get up later in the day and probably stay out late again tonight.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:10 am

"I am a tailor, not one who sews clothes from feed sacks. Perhaps Sir would have better luck among one of the local farmwives?.", he says with an indignant sniff in Dornikal's direction.

After getting the list of Randy's wants, he smiles a puckered little smile.

"Of course, I have many fine cloths that would suit Sir's needs. May I show them to my good Sir?"

He proceeds to bring out swatches of fabric, laying them over your arm and nattering on about design, and how each may be used.

"Is Sir quite certain that he would not prefer a bit more ornamentation? I have same Terothian lace that would really set off the collar we've been discussing."

You manage to steer him away from the reds and blues, declining his offers of lace and silver piping, and he eventually seems tosettle on a deep green with black accents and dark brown breeches. All the while he has been taking notes on a sheet in a crabbed, precise hand. He sketches out the design for your approval.

"If this will suit Sir, if you stand here, I can get your measurements?", he says, indicating a short platform.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:39 am

Dornikal chuckles, idly wondering where he could find himself a farm wife in town as he shows himself out.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:06 am

" Make sure that you leave me some room for free movement. If one takes a walk in the dark, you have to be willing to accept the risks and be able to act accordingly. I don't want to rip the clothes if the response required is...vigorous."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:46 am

"And who are you to make a comment like that, good sir?" Ulmwin asks, something about the man's attitude seeming to remind him of... Unfavorable things. "I thought it was part of a salesman repertoire to be able to gauge one's audience... Do you think we'd be taking our friend along like this if he were nothing more but a vagrant? Do you think any dwarf would willingly have this happen to his beard? He's been forced through more than his fair share- A fine gemsmith as he is does not need any snide remarks." he huffs for a moment, then decides to join Dornikal outside. He mostly wants to speak his mind a bit... And maybe have the guy think he missed out on a great sale.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:07 am

Maji gives a disgruntled grunt at the tailor and follows Dornikal outside.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:25 am

If Dornikal hear any of the comments about his beard he will get a bit red. Also that Ulwmin feels the need to defend him is a bit of a surprise.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 am

Randy keeps his face neutral. "My companions feel an intense loyalty to each other. To be fair, the gem cutter didn't have much options in dress after the orcs got done pillaging his caravan, and he's repaid any debt to us by being steadfast in defense against other attackers."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:30 am

Holger grunts himself awake.

"Yeah, thank you. Could you fix me something light to eat? I'll be downstairs in a moment."

Holger will get up and get ready for his meeting with Heinrik

"Sorry Tess, got a meeting with Heinrik to discuss doing a gig at their tavern, you're welcome to join me."

Holger goes downstairs to eat his food and then heads of to meet Heinrik.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:48 am

"Urrrrrghh... Who's Heinrik? and what's the gig?"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:26 am

Coljin just stands in the shop watching and listening, but cannot help but smile ear to ear when he hears everyone coming to the defense of Dornikal.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:50 am

"He's the stage manager at an upscale tavern. I assume pleasant music to mask the sound of eating, followed by more of a show. I'll try to convince him to agree to a magical storytelling showing what we've done thus far."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:18 am

"Uh huh... Sounds like fun. If you find any murderers backstage be sure to let us know. Oh- take Ily with you and show him where this place is, would you? If I want to find you later at least I'll know where to look."

She goes back to sleep.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:55 am

As Randy gives him additional notes and instruction. "Of course Sir, yes, Sir is wise to think of that ahead of time..."

As Ulmwin tells him off at least partially on Dornikal's behalf, his puckered little face becomes even more so.

"If Sir's friend wishes not to be taken for a vagrant, then perhaps Sir's friend should not look and act the part of one. Covering himself in rough sackcloth would not be enough to suffice."

"I am sorry to hear that he was set upon by orcs, and I'm sure that Sir is correct when he says that he has been an able in his service to you, but plain robes are not something I offer to my clientele."

Holger and Tess chat a bit before the mage wanders downstairs to find a sack with some bread and cheese wrapped in waxed cloth.

You saunter your way to rendezvous with the gig manager at the fancy tavern.

((Let's have a Perception check?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:00 am

Someone so obviously a mage shouldn't have to bother with looking around. Hopefully Ily steps up his game and keeps a watch!

Holger perception: 1d20+1 = [8] = 9

Ily perception?: 1d20 = [15] = 15

Rolled for Ily just in case, not sure about modifiers unless he just counts as helping in which case it would be a 16 for Holger :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:26 am

((Nevermind! I mis-remembered something, so that roll wasn't for anything that is actually happening!))

You walk in to the Gilded Arrow, and spot Heinrik at a booth near the stage, in conversation with someone across from him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:35 am

"Of course. And I'm sure if he'd paused and thought about it, he would have realized that you don't supply such items as everyday religious robes. I'm sure it was just the justifiable desire to have something other than the cast offs the orcs left him with that caused him to ask. And while you yourself don't supply such items, perhaps you know of someone in the field who handles the more common clothing? Surely the common sailors and dockworkers don't all pick their clothes from rubbish bins?"