The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:54 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 am You get the sense that while it doesn't mean a whole lot to him, he's pretty curious as to why you think it would. Best you can tell, he's not a secret cultist.
Any recognition from the assassin?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:12 am

((Who? You mean his guard? He's watching looking at your face rather than your magicked hands.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:29 pm

(Yeah, I meant his suspicious guard :) )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:05 pm

((He's giving off the vibe that he's the sort who would be hard to take in with misdirection and distraction, he's watching your actions rather than getting drawn in by whatever symbol you're showing to his boss.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:09 pm

Nem shrugs and leans back in the chair, dismissing the little symbol.

"Just curious. I assume you can produce paperwork as easily as I can to demonstrate that the device rightfully belongs to each of us and I can guarantee that a feud over this will do neither of us any good. So. What would you propose that we do?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:19 pm

Pembleton unconsciously copies your lean.

"In the interest of avoiding any... unpleasantness...", his eyes flick to Zottle, whose brows tighten slightly, "what would it take for you and your "employer" to relinquish your claim?"

((Tess, give me either a Wisdom or Charisma Save. Your choice.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:49 am

The priest realizes that he's been talking with the gnomes for an hour or so and apologizes, sending a young acolyte who returns with some refreshments. Fresh baked rolls, honeyed butter, a hard white cheese, and a pitcher of water.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:04 am

Ulmwin appreciates the gesture, taking a brief break to wet his throat, and snack just a tiny bit. Under regular circumstances he'd have been gluttonous, but he was on his "best behavior" to get this all settled. He'll let Coljin take the reigns for a moment, before continuing explanation...

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 am

Letting Ulmwin take a break, Coljin will continue on with the story at where ever it left off. He consciously tries to talk slower that usual so that it's easier for the man to write down what is said. When Ulmwin is done snacking and ready to take over again, Coljin let's the bard take the main reins again. And then he happily eats!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:31 am

He's more than happy to take a quick break himself and shake out his fingers and have a bit of a snack, but resumes as soon as you are willing.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 am

((The two of you have largely accomplished what you came here to do, in exchange for your account, he's willing to vouch for you in terms of access to the circle. The only thing that comes immediately to mind that might gain you more goodwill would be to offer a donation to the Archive, but you've walked back the gaffe of arriving the way you did. If you want to wrap up here and move on to something else you can, as long as it doesn't intersect with the other group, as they are a couple hours behind you at this point.))

((Speaking of, I stopped Jones where I did to give Holger (or Zokk, I guess) a chance to reply, and would still like a save from Tess. The park bench boys are kind of contingent on those inside if they are continuing to keep watch, but are free to try to continue to teach Gordon names and words.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:25 am

(( Sure, why not? :P ))
Randy does a basic naming session: sun, bird, tree, bench, sword, knife, gold, silver, copper, etc.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:38 am

((Too bad Zokk isn't there, you'll just have to do it again later!))

((Gordon, let me have an int check?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:53 am

Zokk patiently waits on Tess, observing what is around them.

(At least Zokk has a basic understanding of language)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:05 pm

((Ulmwin isn't going to give a donation if he's bankrupt until he gets to the tower, though that doesn't mean that there isn't one final thing he can do.))

"I think that's everything then, yes..? I hope our account may prove useful in the future. There might be one more thing..." he paused, pulling out the metal cube again.

"Do you employ wizards or other students of the arcane art in here? It might be a while until our eventual departure still... Until then, I would not mind giving up this object for study."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Dornikal assists Randy with shirt, boot, nose, fingers, ear, eye, teeth and so on.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:22 pm

"Oh, yeah," Coljin says when Ulmwin offers up his gnome magic item.
"I also am carrying an item from there that you can study if you'd like until we leave."
He scrounges up the metal spike (I think). "It has been identified. Stated that it is a one-use only item, so please don't set it off...It is supposed to be planted into the ground outside, and then it summons lightning that covers quite a bit of area...not super safe, but I can say it'd be useful in a war or something if you can get it into the hobgoblin's or whatever enemies warcamp!"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:29 pm

(( :lol: I think Gordon's EEG just flat lined! ))

Randy sees the glazed expression on Gordon's face and waves a hand in front of it. Not getting an immediate reaction, he starts trying to figure out if Gordon is having a seizure or if he's just completely out to lunch for the moment.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:39 pm

After twenty minutes of effort, Gordon thinks that he has picked up a few words he can use confidently from his language teachers, Nowz and Shurt.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Cha save: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16

((Is Nem aware she just had to save against something?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:18 pm

((She is, but I didn't tell YOU what yet!))

Tess hears a horn blast that no one else in the room reacts to, and manages to play off her surprise with a raise of the eyebrows at Pembleton's suggestion of possibly buying out her employer.

((It's been a while since the Horn of Silent Alarm has been used our time (I forgot you had it), but Tess would know Randy has it and is sounding it with the intent of getting her attention and warning her.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:55 am

Gordon holds his head, beginning to feel a headache coming on, potentially from all of this learning. He suddenly feels light headed and a bit woozy, holding onto his lance for stability now more than safekeeping. He stumbles towards the bench, intent on sitting back down again, but instead falls to his knees and retches. A few well chewed raisins and nuts falling onto the ground in front of the bench.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:43 am

Holger grumbles at the answer Jones gives back and digs out a couple of gems worth 50 gp.. He really hoped it would be enough without clueing in Jones about the sentience of the tree..

"That should cover it."

Holger steps a bit impatiently as he waits for Tess. He mutters quickly to himself and then adresses Jones.

"Bahh, this is taking too long.. You shouldn't by any chance have books regarding an ancient type of snake people?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 am

"I believe I may... looking for some light reading while you wait?"
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler