The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:29 pm

Holger pokes his head out after the footsteps pass and sees some sort of well dressed noble type trailed by what looks more like a bodyguard. Zokk goes wandering and is soon corralled by the returning Jones, who takes the form from Holger and looks it over.

"Should be no problem to send this. Are you good for the fee if Grand Conjurer Therkal wishes for me to collect it?"
► Show Spoiler

Perhaps his eyes are just tired, perhaps he's just grateful for the kindness the not-gnome is showing him, sharing a snack, but Gordon's eyes well up a bit. A tear is running down his nose, smearing sticky fingers on shabby clothes.

His eyes fall on a couple of humans about his size running about with a couple of sticks. They gabble in their heathen tongue, and some of the taller (adult?) humans chase them off. Maybe the small humans know how to use long sticks too?

Pembleton's eyes flick to her hand, and his brow furrows.

"Should it? Looks like eyes and mouths."

((Give me an Insight on him?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:38 pm

Gordon grabs his Lance and begins to wave it around like the small children were doing. Perhaps his companions knew what it was for or how to use it. He points at the lance and says kop'ye (his word for it) he then shrugs and tries holding it in a few different ways that feel comfortable before looking back at the not-gnome and human and putting his hands up in confusion.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:48 pm

((Give me a STR check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:56 pm

While awaiting a response from his horn blast, Randy tries to figure out what Gordon is trying to communicate.

insight: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:01 am

You have a pretty good sense that he is looking for pointers on how to use a lance. Lack of a mount being at the top of that list.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:42 am

Dornikal looks at Gordon and tries to get what he wants, checking with Randy if needed.

"Okay lad...mmm. Not here."

He points at the lance and then gestures around at the people and shakes his head. Hopefully Randy has some more input.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:18 am

"He can't remember how to use a lance. Let's see if we can jog his memory any."
Randy digs in his pack and pulls out a piece of paper and quickly sketches a picture of a man on on a horse with a lance pointed forward.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:33 am

"Fine enough but aye don't think wee should be trying any of that out just here with the guards all about."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:19 am

(Didn't get an answer from Jones regarding if the guild had a location for where the rift was)

"Shouldn't be a problem, but just to be sure what is the fee again?"
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:06 am

((still waiting on Ulmwin's account I think? Unless you're waiting for Coljin to act first))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:27 am

Randy gives Dornikal a glance. "Which do you think is going to trigger the guards more? Gordon running around, chasing kids while waving a lance over his head, or me showing him pictures?"
Randy points to the lance and tells Gordon in a clear voice. "Lance" then points to the picture.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:31 am

"Aye don't want to be giving him ideas. Anything involving the lance is going ta get the guards on us but him chasing kids or tryna ride something or someone while he waves it about isn't much better."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:36 am

"Yes, a few of our number will be studying the remains."

((I mean... they know where this end was, but he won't be able to tell Therkal that other than that it is near this city, given word constraints.))

"The fee will be 50 gold, should Grand Conjurer Therkal not waive it."

The priest continues to ask clarifying questions and probe for more details.

((You guys are likely there for an hour or more satisfying his curiosity and need for as complete a record as you can provide.))

Randy and Dornikal have an impromptu class with Gordon.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:44 am

Str = complete bomb
_: 2D20.LOW(1) = [2, 4] = 2

After failing to wave the lance around, hopefully not hurting himself or anyone else in the process. Gordon looks at the not-gnome who is pointing around the area and shaking his head. Gordon determines that maybe he means that this plain location isn't the best place to wave the lance around, he lowers it.

His curiosity peaks as he watches the human pull out a piece of paper and begins to draw on it. The human points at the lance and says a foreign word which Gordon tries his best to mimic. Including staring at the humans mouth and trying to make his mouth make the same shapes for the sounds.

He then looks at the drawing. A person is riding on a four-legged creature, holding glance out parallel to the ground.

Gordon taps the drawing in exasperation and then pointed himself and holds his hands up in confusion and then points at himself.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:46 am

Gordon tries to wave it about and it slips from his week grip, clattering to the ground, and drawing the attention of some of the fellows keeping the occasional eye on them up the street.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:04 am

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 am

You get the sense that while it doesn't mean a whole lot to him, he's pretty curious as to why you think it would. Best you can tell, he's not a secret cultist.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:01 am

Gordon picks up the Lance, hugging it to himself.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Randy looks at Gordon's antics. He points to Gordon. "Gordon". He points to Dornikal. "Dornikal". He points to himself. "Randerwaith."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Lifting the short sword to examine it he says,

"We're gonna need a picture book for wee ones to teach'm. Probably can get one or two before we leave. Get'm a foundation of words to build on."

Dornikal ponders if he has seen any book stores during their wandering around the shopping area but nothing sticks out.

Remembering a book store?: 1D20 = [4] = 4

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:29 pm

Holger simply nods as Jones answers the first question.

"Yeah not a problem with the fee. Go ahead"

((Yeah I know it wouldn't fit in the sending spell, Holger just wanted to be sure that the guild actually had the location before he wrote down that the guild knew :P ))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Randy thinks back, trying to remember if he ran into a book seller during his walk about the town.

iintelligence : 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19

"I think I remember where a book seller may be. We can go swing by later and see if they've got some primer books. If worse came to worse, I could probably still teach Gordon the basics without them. It wouldn't be my first time teaching someone without much education background, although it would be a first teaching a 2000 year old gnome." Randy grins a little.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Coljin lets Ulmwin tell the main parts of the story, and only interjects when there is a part he is forgetting or if it's a part that Ulmwin and him were separated and the other gnome didn't know about.
Coljin wants the story in the archives and hopefully out in the world, he is open about the whole story.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:06 pm

Randy seems to recall a bookseller a street over from his tailor.

Jones nods and prepares himself to cast the spell, pulling out an hazy green sphere a bit larger than his fist and placing it on the table in front of him. He mutters a bit and runs his hands over it before speaking.

"Jones for Therkal, client message. 'Found something related to your research in caves near Galistri. Similar Gerhad excursion more extreme. Guild have location - Holger Starwind'."

The words spoken, he takes up his pen and jots down the response as it comes in. Jones grimaces a bit, and looks up at you as the reply concludes, sliding the sheet to the side.

"Ah, he says he is not interested. ... And that I should collect the fee."

((If Coljin and Ulmwin are being open and truthful with him, you don't need to make any further rolls, but if there is anything you are trying to hold back or hide? It's basically like a lawyer taking a deposition, he's asking similar questions in different ways to prod your story for consistency. Not that he's acting as if he doesn't trust you, more that he wants to make sure that what is being recorded is accurate.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:10 am

((Nah, don't think there's a reason to hide anything?))