The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:59 pm

(( Ah, yes. Forgot that proficiency is based on the modifier of the category in use, not a separate number in itself. Sorry! :chuckle: I'm seriously going to have to invest in a player's handbook. Trying to Google rules all the time is a bit of a pain and you wind up missing things.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 pm

((Well, proficiency is a flat number that scales with level, but can only be applied along with appropriate ability modifiers. Looking back, should have been +2 (from proficiency + strength) to hit, with +0 from strength to damage.... Which would have put you at 10 to hit, rather than 11.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:42 am

Nem leaves Ily to watch the house and follows the housekeeper.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 am

She heads towards a less affluent part of town and stops at a modest building that likely contains multiple residences, before pulling out her key to head inside.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:49 am

Coljin presents his holy symbol and loudly begins a chant, "Meilikki, Let your blessings of healing help these brave and injured." He will use his Channel Divinity: Preserve Life; to heal Randy and Anders, (15HP to Randy, 5 to Anders.) (you can only heal up to 1/2 max HP on a person, so that leaves only those two available to benefit)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 am

((Anders has only taken 2 damage since the last time you healed him, so he won't be able to receive the 5, but 15 is the max that Randy can take, so Anders appreciates the offer? ;) ))

Coljin prays the blessing of his goddess upon his companions, bringing Randy back up to a more reasonable state.

More guards file in as Anders takes two-handed strikes at the one grappling Dornikal, striking through the tentacles with the first swing, and as it stumbles back, jams the blade down into the carapace.
The two guards camped atop the dead tentacle beast reload and fire on the one between Randy and Dornikal, the first guard having to fire past the dwarf, but managing a well placed shot, that is followed shortly by another bolt sinking into the scaled flesh. The creature is oozing blood and looks in very poor shape.

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) (Grappled)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Hex: 1 hour; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 4; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 6; rounds of target on his back remaining: 7; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 10)
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (18/37)
Trio of sea creatures
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37) <--------------------<<<
Mussel-Mouth
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:29 am

((I'm guessing Ulmwin only can get sight on Mussel mouth if he goes off the platform? ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:49 am

((You might have to go a ways to the side to get visible on mussel mouth, but can see the nearly dead one that is on Dornikal 40 ft from where you are.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:50 am

Thatll just have to be his target then, for another Vicious mockery:

1d4 = [2] = 2

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 am

Ulmwin says all kinds of mean things to the creature facing Dornikal, and blood squirts out of its eyes before it drops.

Mussel-Mouth attacks Randy again, perhaps frustrated that it had the ranger so close to death only for him to buoyed back up again. Randy manages to fend off all but one blow.

((Only one up is by Randy, I just didn't do a new map for the one on Dornikal dying.))

Turn Order:

Dornikal (52/56) <--------------------<<<
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Hex: 1 hour; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 4; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 6; rounds of target on his back remaining: 7; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 10)
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (12/37)
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Mussel-Mouth
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:29 am

If possible Dornikal will switch his warhammer for his dropped javelin (or pull a new one), move north 2 and throw said javelin at mussle mouth.

Otherwise he bites a cheek and remains waiting for more fishy friends from the portal.

Attacking mussle mouth: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
1D6+4+1D6+2 = [3]+4+[6]+2 = 15

((I think Dornikal should be at 50 hp now and I missed adding his melee rage bonus last attack. Ah well!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:53 am

((It'd be dropping the hammer to draw a javelin, but sure.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:42 am

((Sure, it can be grabbed after.))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Holger continues blasting the hexed creature, if it is killed he'll move the hex to the one next to Randy and shoot that instead with loud arcane incantations.

Holger eldritch blast: 1d20+6 = [12] = 18
Eldritch blast damage: 1d10 = [6] = 6
Hex damage: 1d6 = [2] = 2
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 pm

((Yeah, Ulmwin killed it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Dornikal wades chest deep through the water, letting go of his war hammer to pull out a javelin and hurl it at Mussel-Mouth, the length of wood punching through the gaunt ribcage with a flash of searing emerald light, felling the monster.

The chaotic energy around Holger coalesces for a moment, then zips north west into the dark, before more pours out and swirls around him.

The portal rips slightly wider, and splashing can be heard from the other side.

((All targets are currently down.))

Turn Order:

Dornikal (50/56)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Hex: 1 hour; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 3; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 5; rounds of target on his back remaining: 6; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 9) <--------------------<<<
Squad A (gnome mounts)
Squad C
Squad B
Randerwaith (12/37)
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 pm

Nem makes a mental note of the address and marks the Cant sign for "watching" somewhere discretely (and dry) on the back wall of the building in charcoal.

She gives it a once-round inspection to see what she can see in terms of windows / doors / inhabitants and then returns to Ily, checking with him as to whether Lord Pembleton has left his home, received visitors or if he seems to still be there. When the guy seems to have settled in for the night, Nem will do her own, more thorough inspection of the building and potential access routes.

((Let me know if you need a roll for anything, otherwise she'll be cautious and take her time before she contemplates burglary))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 pm

The housekeeper's place seems to have four other residences within, but doesn't seem to be much more than a place to live. There seems to be a central door that provides access to the other four, she is on the lower left. Most straight forward way wound be in that way, though there are likely a window or two that Tess could squeeze through.

As you return, Ily reports that Pembleton seems to be reading before bed, and has not had any other visitors.

((Give me either a Stealth or Performance (or something else?), depending on how you're trying to cover your approach, and an Investigation check to see how you get on at Pembletons.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Randy digs up the lance again and hands it to Anders. "Here. If something ugly sticks it's face through the gate, stab it. "
Randy glances over at Holger and does a double take. "Holger. What the fork happened to your mouth?!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:47 am

spiderwrangler wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 pm The housekeeper's place seems to have four other residences within, but doesn't seem to be much more than a place to live. There seems to be a central door that provides access to the other four, she is on the lower left. Most straight forward way wound be in that way, though there are likely a window or two that Tess could squeeze through.

As you return, Ily reports that Pembleton seems to be reading before bed, and has not had any other visitors.

((Give me either a Stealth or Performance (or something else?), depending on how you're trying to cover your approach, and an Investigation check to see how you get on at Pembletons.))
It's not been working too well so far, but she'll be trying to remain blended in with the surroundings, so stealth:

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

And an inv roll that's higher than 10!
Investigation: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14

Ok that's not bad :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:52 am

Tess slips unseen from shadow to shadow through the next bit of the night, as she cases the place. It's footprint is square, two-stories, and set enough from the nearby buildings by a small yard and garden, that getting to the roof from next door isn't possible. However, the back of the home is out of view from the street, and none of the nearby houses have good sight-lines on it if one where to break in. You slip across the yard and hide in the landscaping, checking out the first floor windows. Looks like there is a catch that once tripped, would allow you to push the two panes inward.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:44 am

Nem, knowing about things like the alarm spell, will cast her eye over the window pane, checking for arcane markings, then got more mundane sources of trouble (she's not really expecting traps, but stuff like rusty, squeaky hinges, or precariously balanced pottery inside the window can cause their own problems).

Arcana: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

Investigation ("traps"): 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:19 am

No obvious spells, and window looks fine.

((Holger, you doing anything? ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 am

Holger, uncertain what to do without any visible enemies, gums his lip a bit in contemplation.

Some of the guards shuffle closer to the portal, spears and shields at the ready.

Turn Order:

Dornikal (50/56)
Holger (25/33) (Conc: Hex: 1 hour; Rounds of Chaos Remaining: 3; rounds of 20 ft teleport remaining: 5; rounds of target on his back remaining: 6; fog cloud: 1 hour; Can only shout: 9)
Squad A (gnome mounts) (Readied Attacks)
Squad C (Readied Attacks)
Squad B (Readied Attacks)
Randerwaith (12/37) <--------------------<<<
Coljin (32/32)
Squad E
Squad F
Anders
Squad D
Ulmwin (37/37)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 am

Nem unlatches the back window and listens for sounds from inside before attempting to carefully climb inside. She brings Ily with her to act as a scout / scapegoat as necessary.

Perception: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Stealth: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24

Stealth for Ily: Stealth: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7