The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:37 pm

((You're not sure. Having seen an image of it is probably better than just hearing a description of it, but probably not as good as seeing the real thing. Might still be worth a shot?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Dornikal listens to and watches Randy after the mention of the orcs. He doesn't say anything but does hold his emerald tighter.

Dornikal is also surprised to find a dagger in his pocket, oh and it seems it has the Anello sigil on it!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:16 pm

(( Can somebody get that thing off my sheet then? That's where I came up with it. I can't do it from here. ))

Randy gives a nod and a weak smile. "It's a bad habit to have, I'll admit."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm

((Sure, it's been replaced. :chuckle: ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Holger smiles as he gently takes her hand and locks eyes with her as he casts prestidigitation to leave a similiar mark on the back of he hand which he'll promptly hide with his other hand. He then starts BS'ing about the symbol.

"And here I hoped for the shocking reveal of my choice of life. It's an arcane mark that roughly means protection."

Holger will open his hand to show the mark on her hand just long enough for her to see it before gently blowing it away and dismissing the spell.

"Seemed fitting as that's how I use my magic."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:09 pm

((If Nem could hear any of Holger's chat, she'd be doubled up laughing :lol: ))

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:22 pm

((Shush! An introverted, uncharming and jetlagged man is pretending to be a worldly charming sorcerer that can do anything he wants! :lol:))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Maddi gasps in surprise as you brand her with your mark, only to laugh as you blow it away.

The other two women shift their attention to you, as all three pepper you with questions. It seems that most of the 'magic' that they've seen has been sleight of hand by street magicians, and take yours to just be really well done of the same.

"Ooo, do you do card tricks?"
"Emmi, remember that one fellow that kept trying to pull his "King of Rods" from your bodice?"
"Can you make coins vanish and reappear?"

Tobin and Jorin exchange a confused, slightly drunken look.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm

"Bet he was more a queen of rods himself."

Holger will spread his fingers and make an illusion of a coin between each finger. He'll make them vanish shortly after as collects the fingers together.

"Those aren't real magic tricks though, merely swift hands. True magic changes the world around you. But let's keep it minor for now so we don't attract the rest of the place, say is there a fruit you'd like to taste right now?"

Holger will cast prestidigitation on each of their drinks to change the taste to what they mention and encourage them to take a sip.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:32 pm

"Sun berry!"
"Summer melon!"
"Blood fig!"

They sip their drinks with delighted wonder.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 pm

"Can also use it for simply showing my adventures or the stories others want told."

Holger will use silent image to make a small illusion of the girls captured by an orc on the table. Soon shifts as Tobin and Jorins figures appear and deal with the orc in a swift manner. They'll proceed to be in an action sequence showing their prowess as they fight hordes of orcs in the best action movie style where they free the women. As Holger guides the illusion, he'll lean towards Maddi and whisper.

"So how long have you worked here?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Your male companions puff up their chests illogically, as if your conjured fantasy had any bearing on their own accomplishments.

Either way, any ill feelings your inserting yourself into the center attention seems to have been assuaged by shifting it back to them, the women complimenting their heroics.

"A few months, but hush. Don't spoil the moment."

She places a hand on your arm and nods at the other four absorbed in your illusion.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:51 am

"Later then?"

Holger continues his entertaining of the group but is more focused on befriending the guys. The interest in the girls has diminished as the chase for the girls affection is moot. At some point he will take a moment to relieve himself and cast detect magic to take a look around for any magic.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:39 pm

"Perhaps..."

Holger continues his various acts, I'm assuming you're keeping things small enough that the whole bar isn't coming to gawk?

((Give me a general charisma check please?))

((How much are you imbibing?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Holger will whisper in a friendly and concerned way before giving full focus on being fun and charismatic.

"I can do much more than tell stories if need be."

Holger will expand slightly as time progresses so the keen eye might notice that the company is more than previously thought. He will however use a general "we" if explaining any stories and adventures to make it possible for the two guys to claim/pretend they are a part of it too if they so desire.

If he ends up attracting a large crowd he'll end it with a teaser that he's likely to perform at the fancy place he was at earlier in the coming days. Once things have quited down/his companions getting too drunk, he'll look expectantly to Maddi for a more private time.

As for drinking, Holger will adopt the same strategy as the girls and sip on the same drink for a long time and spend his time talking instead

Holger charisma (tide of chaos): 1d20+4 = [3] = 7
1d20+4 = [16] = 20
+2 if it's persuation or performance in any way :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Randy seems to shake himself back to the present, refocusing on the task at hand. He looks at the knife in his hand and seems a bit embarrassed and put it back.
"Right. So I'll ask the innkeeper for more details in the morning, including which room the lady was in. If we can get enough information, Maj and I can go look over the site were the body was reported found. And maybe we can get someone a little less intimidating to go with us to ask questions around the neighborhood to see if anyone saw or remembers anything. We'll see if Holger came up with anything different when he gets back."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:33 am

Code: Select all

Doubt he will.  He's making 'fun' with odd men.   Lets bring Ulmwin with.  He's charasmatic and doesn't have a bloated ego.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:01 am

Randy grins. "We could be his 'hired help' and stay in the background, I guess. It would give us some flexibility in searching the area."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:09 am

"Just don't draw too much attention to yourselves and try not to kill anyone. I'm going to turn in for now and call Ily back."

Nem will retire to a quiet part of the room and resummon Ily as a street cat.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:27 am

The three person room is the only one with its own fireplace, but at least that affords Tess a means to conduct her ritual without smoking out the whole place. There is no firewood or kindling, though you suspect it can be purchased, should you want a fire, but the coastal summer night seems warm enough.

Ily the ferret watches you as you do, his little nose twitching before he loses interest and goes to curl up on a mattress.

An hour and ten minutes later, there is a slight popping sounds and a cat stands in his spot. The cat yawns before looking distainfully at everyone in the room, circling in place and lying back down, fidgeting to fit his nest to his new form.

Holger does attract the attention of nearby tables, and manages to put word out about his performance tomorrow, while keeping his companions entertained.

The three women take you and/or the two men up on occasional offers of wine, but otherwise claim to favor other drinks, should they be provided. Your two drinking companions are more than happy to, directing the servers to bring them whatever they want, and the women ordering beverages in turn.

Things begin winding down, many patrons wishing their companions for the evening well and departing into the night. A somewhat smaller subset seem to be taking rooms there for the night as they retire upstairs.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:12 pm

I assume nothing magic about the place. Have Jorin and Torin decided to head home? Are there any male employees entertaining female patrons?

"So Maddi, feel like a private talk? Maybe in the form of a dance away from the rest? I assume you'll stick around till the place closes."

In case she accepts, Holger will use minor illusion to create a simple tune to dance to that will double in purpose by making it harder to listen in.

"So you've been in town for some months right? How are you finding it thus far?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:51 pm

((Nothing magic.))

There are maybe another dozen patrons accompanied by assorted employees. Two pairs would be male employee with female patron.

The boys are still flirting with the others. Maddi takes your offered hand and stands.

"I've enjoyed my time here so far. As for staying until things close, that may depend on present company."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Randy calls it a day and rolls into his bunk, leaving Tess to her business with Ily. He does seem restless in his sleep.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:24 pm

((It probably has to do with him going to bed less than 6 hours after waking.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:58 pm

"Part of me is wondering if there's anything we need to do that requires the stealth and darkness... Y'know." he shrugs, before with a sighing moving to try and go sleep himself...