Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:14 am

((Correct, none of you heard.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:34 am

Randy gives a helpless shrug. "Earth and stone make pretty good sound barriers."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:40 pm

"Ye look fine Maji err..."

He thinks a bit then just gives up on the whole name thing and shrugs.

"Ye look like ye made it fine enough."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:21 am

”I would still like to be healed before going to the nest.”

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:56 am

It's a combination of disturbing and comforting to hear your dead companion's voice emerging from your current companion's trunk.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:25 am

"Aye'd like to get out of the sun if at all possible. Eventually more of them will come up or come back so aye'm not sure we can rest here for long. Randy, what is plan?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:45 am

((It's not yet morning, you're a few hours away. Make a nature check for me?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:39 am

"Aye would like to not be out in the sun..."

((Its been a looong night.))

Nature: Nature for something: 1D20 = [10] = 10

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:34 pm

((Carry on.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:03 pm

Randy looks at Zokk/Maj. "Did you notice any chambers that could be barricaded while you where in there? I agree that it'd be preferable to be under cover when the sun comes up, but I'd rather not wind up getting mobbed in a corridor either. We need someplace that we can defend, preferably with a stone floor that the coweaters can't dig through."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:12 pm

"I didn't go far in, but it branches to many paths. I don't know what the walls are made of."

"I would like to kill the queen as quick as possible."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:24 pm

Randy shrugs. "Let's give it a try, then." He goes to the entrance and digs out his lamp and lights it up. (( Can Randy still detect the FCE that he tagged with his Hunter's Mark, or is it dead on the field?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:45 am

((It's dead, don't recall which it was, but none made it back down the tunnel alive, thanks to Zokk!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 am

Dornikal rubs his bare chin thoughtfully.

"Maybe we should leave folks up here, we saw them coming and going when we got here and there are likely more out and about. Don't want a dozen of them to come back at sunrise and trap us in there."

He glances over to Tren and says,

"Maybe a few posted up on those stones there? Able to shoot'em as they come back?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:36 am

She considers. "Yeah, wouldn't be good to get pinched...", she looks over at Galt, who shrugs.

Tren continues. "If it's close quarters in there, I'm not bad with a blade, but not as good as if I were on a horse. Decent shot with a crossbow, so if you're looking for a volunteer to stay behind, I think it makes sense for me to stay."

Galt speaks up, "If there's a lot, they'd over run this position, stones or no. I think the best in that case might be to piss them off enough to get their attention and lead them away from the entrance. I'd not want to leave Tren out here alone, and with the tribesfolk, they are as good in a tight spot as I could be."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:53 pm

((After you decide if folks are staying...))

Those of you going below head down the tunnel, past the two that Zokk killed, and reach the chamber that widens out. It is completely dark down here, so unless you have light, only those with darkvision can see...

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:53 pm

The tunnel kind of smells like burnt wood. Zokk is pretty charred...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:01 am

Dornikal would encourage Tren and Galt to stay back,

"Aye think we have it covered in there if ye two will stay back. Maybe a group of the dragonborn can stay back as well?"
---
Later, in the tunnels.

Dornikal gestures to the black hole in the middle of the room and whispers,

"Ye think they came up there? Zokk?"

He will move forward to see the edges of the room better and look down the hole.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:52 am

You're unable to see the bottom...

((The shape that I have selected here is just to cover up some stuff on the map I didn't need/want, but couldn't get the color to match to leave it unnoticeable.))

((The dragonborn have torches, but I was figuring you wanted to peek around with darkvision first, but the squads and Randy are going to need to see to be useful! Also, others let me know re: teams guarding entrance.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:27 am

Randy has his lantern out. After some discussion, he'll leave his squad as the rear guard with Galt and Tren. Seeing how cramped things are in here, he puts up his bow and switches over to the rapier.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:26 am

ZokkMaji goes ahead to scout, looking all around them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:29 am

[Before you head down...]

The dragonborn squad nods to Randy and takes up position with Galt and Tren, the six of them drawing in the sand and gesturing before nodding agreement and the dragonborn squad splits, each of the four heading into the nearby sand.

"I don't think we need the high ground cliff, if you guys think you might need the rope and rod down there. If some come back and it's few enough for us to engage, we'd be better holding the neck, Tren can perch up to the west were Dornikal was, while we hold the ground. If it's more than we can handle, we will want the mobility of not getting pinched, and be able to fall back and draw them to the south. They're gonna keep an eye out and fall back here if we have incoming so we can do what needs doing. Be safe, but be fast.", Galt explains, he and Tren each giving Dornikal a hug and a handshake or fist bump to any of the rest of you that seem inclined.

As you head downward, Dornikal, you look back over your shoulder and see Galt take Tren's hand as they stand side by side, gazing out into the moon-lit desert.

Lantern lit, and torches carried by one member of each of the remaining dragonborn squads, you descend into the tunnel, arriving at the chamber Zokk described.

((Sorry, I missed that you'd already said you had your lantern up Randy. Was that a 'hooded' or 'bullseye'? I couldn't recall, just did hooded, but can switch if I got it wrong. If it was on your sheet, I missed it. Realized I can just use fog of war to mask the notation I didn't want visible. Also removed the dimness tint, so the two yellow tints are bright and dim, then anything beyond that is what can be seen via darkvision (currently just by Dornikal).))

((Zokk also requested healing, but I didn't see where they received any. Currently below half HP.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am

((Pretty sure I went with hooded rather than bullseye. Slightly cheaper :P , and area illumination rather than spot))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:06 pm

(Sorry, but not been around much. Will get to Coljin healing Zokk, will post tonight)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:18 am

Before heading down,

"Aye, good thinking Galt. Mobility is the better goal for this. If ye don't think ye can hold them scatter, but any distraction ye can give them would be appreciated!"

He gives the half orc a smile and hugs both Galt and Tren,

"Stay safe ye two."

As he sees them looking towards the night together his eyes glisten and he whispers in dwarven,

"Dumathion protect them... please."
---
In the tunnel he will listen at the top of hole for movement or other coweater noise below.

Perception, listening: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

Then move along the south wall sneakily until just past the edge of the dim light from the lantern.

Sneaking: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5

He is quite proud of his sneaking abilities.

((Shield is now equipped as well and he would have gathered up the heavy crossbow))