The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:00 am

Ulmwin commands his dragonborn to march west, and get after more of those bugs, while he continues sending out his patented "fire bolts" tm.

bug hunters: 1D20 = [14] = 14
1D20 = [19] = 19
4D6+8 = [1, 2, 1, 1]+8 = 13
2D10 = [2, 2] = 4

In both cases they are going after the one just left of Randy's squad, though will obviously pivot to another one should it go down from the first strike.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:51 am

Ulmwin's squad takes down the one west of Randy's crew, and the bard snipes the one just north of Coljin's.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:35 am

Randy shifts fire to the FCE just south of Dornikal while his squad rolls in on the FCE just north of Coljin's squad.

Longbow attack 1: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20

longbow damage 1: 1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Longbow attack 2: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

Damage: 7

Dragon Squad melee attack: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17

Damage: _: 4D6+8 = [4, 1, 2, 6]+8 = 21

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:23 am

Randy hits the one south of Dornikal, while his squad finishes off the one plaguing Coljin's squad. The only two left on the field of battle still alive are the two on Dornikal, which back away warily before burrowing into the soil.

You are seemingly out of combat for the time being.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:55 am

Dornikal shouts,

"What? No, we just got started!"

He'll stab at the sand a bit until he cools down, taking in the many cow-eater corpses.

He'll weave his way over to the people on the cliff and ask,

"So, aye'm guessing we gotta head in there to clear this up?"

He points to the cave entrance.

He'll walk over to the cave mouth, but not enter and listen.

Perception: Perception, listening: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:09 am

”I wiiiill scoouut aaaheeeaaad.” Zokk gets down, not to worried about falling before they sneak in.

Sneak: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:32 pm

Randy waits for Tren, Galt , and Coljin to shimmy down the ropes before collecting the ropes and the deactivating the bar and collecting it. He then slides down the slope to the ground below.
He cocks a critical eye at his squad and then looks the others over.
"Coljin, I'm afraid we've got some work for you. I'm not going to be much help with healing. I'm pretty much dry until we get some rest. Might be a good time for the dagger."
He then goes around the battlefield salvaging as many arrows as he can.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:11 am

Ulmwin lets out a faint whistle when it seems like they are done, for now... Though unlikely to be rid of it entirely. "Going in there seems like a potential issue at such close quarters, but you're right that we'll have to finish the job. Do you think they'll have some kind of queen? Or are we just to exterminate every last one of them?"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:57 am

Nodding to Randy, Coljin takes off his backpack and then gets out the magical rain healing dagger. Once he is back down from the cliff he will call for anyone that is injured to cluster in closer. "This dagger will produce a small magic rain shower that will have healing effects. It's easiest to just get close together, take a seat if you want, and let the rain slowly come down and heal you."
Once others are paying attention and within the radius of the rainfall, he will activate the item.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:43 pm

((The pool of rain healing works a bit different from how the retainers regain health levels (regain 1 level per die of healing, and regain 1 health level per short rest, all health levels after long rest), but I'll say for every 5 HP, they regain a level through it's use, so if it's spent just on the dragonborn, they'd regain 6 levels collectively, which would be enough to get all of them to 6/8 and one of them to 7/8, or reduced accordingly depending on how much healing is going to party members. If one of the dragonborn squads drops to 3/8, that means one of their members has fallen.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:35 pm

(( The rain should be a bit of a novelty for the dragonborn, being desert dwellers. It probably doesn't happen very often where they get water from the sky. :chuckle: ))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:48 am

Dornikal waves the healing off,

"Fix them up, they took more hits than meh."

He gives both Galt and Tren a nod and wide smile as morns the death of his short scruff beard that was melted. At least one of his eyebrows made it.

He is happy to let Zokk find out what is happening in the cave while he listens outside and waits for the rest to heal and take a break.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:57 am

He will give all the dagger's healing to the dragonborn. If they then look well enough he will scan all the others to see who is the most damaged from the fighting so far and assess them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:31 am

The group on watch up above descends to the desert floor, rejoining the dragonborn, Ulmwin and Dornikal, who is making sure the sand is dead.

Zokk makes their way down, and heads towards the entrance.
((Zokk, only going to the entrance, or you heading down to do a bit of scouting? lmk, and roll a Perception check please!))

Coljin sets up the healing dagger for the dragonborn, who are awestruck at the revitalizing rain that falls on them, healing wounds and soothing burns. As it passes, they emotionally approach the cleric one at a time, kneeling to touch their foreheads to his briefly before making way for the next.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33 am

Randy chuckles. "Congratulations Coljin! You'll probably be part of their local legends from now on. If you wanted to, you might be able to join the tribe! Who knows? Repeat that a few times for the rest of the tribe and you might make demigod status! "

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:03 am

"Now that'd be a tale to tell... Yes, our gnome is considered a demigod in some parts!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:11 am

One of the dragonborn remarks to Randy, "Another future story is now. Beast-lord's Bane with blade of rain. The short one must speak to our keeper of wild places when return to the tribe our feet do."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Coljin shyly nods when the dragonborn begin with the forehead touching ritual. It takes all his willpower, and the fact that they can't really understand him, to keep him from preaching that much power comes from those who believe in Mielikki. But then the magic of the dagger probably has nothing to do with his Goddess, so he just stays quiet for now.

When the healing is done he moves over to Dornikal, I saw you taking some flame, let me heal you if you are in need.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Zokk will scout a bit, they can always run if it gets bad. Per: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:45 pm

Zokk heads nimbly down the tunnel, but as they near the curve heading into the open area, they hear skittering behind them... it would seem they outpaced the tunnelers!

((Zokk, you moved faster than those that dug below the surface and were making their way back to the tunnel. They've since surfaced and are heading down, but are coming down the entrance tunnel between you and the outside. What would you like to do?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:59 am

Randy's grin abruptly evaporates with the Dragonborn's statement. "There's a prophecy about this?"
He mulls this over. "Who's the 'Beast-lord' that Coljin is supposed to be bane of?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:41 am

"Only if ye have healing to spare Coljin. Aye'm still in pretty good shape."

He would like to be by the entrance of the tunnel, especially if Zokk headed in.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:32 am

"Malar." Coljin says flatly. "Malar is the god of beasts and the hunt and just awful things. I don't think this normally fits how he works, but this is a totally different part of the world that what I'm used to. And it is true that gods can use different names and such in different parts of the world."
With a scowl he adds, "We will have to watch and see."

To Dornikal, "I have lots of healing left, but the going may get worse, so I heal you when you ask."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:33 am

Zokk will run outside, not wanting to be trapped in.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:20 am

Randy gives a bit of a grunt. "With the The Old Ones sticking Their oars into this mess, I wouldn't put it past a dark god or two making alliances. Dealing with them tends to... alter one's behavior. And I don't think being a god would make you proof against that."